The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

7 hours ago, JV77 said:

I think he takes the belt no question.  To me, Ngannou is the favorite going into the title match, it will say a lot more if Stipe is able to put a stop to him. 

Casuals should not be counting Stipe out. People are forgetting he is a knock out artist himself. With his current 5 win streak, all have come by KO or TKO. Not to mention 13 of his total 17 wins have come the same way. 

He may be smaller and not have the same power, but it will still be an amazing event when the 2 nuclear war heads go at it.  

Edited by RRypien37

23 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Casuals should not be counting Stipe out. People are forgetting he is a knock out artist himself. With his current 5 win streak, all have come by KO or TKO. Not to mention 13 of his total 17 wins have come the same way. 

He may be smaller and not have the same power, but it will still be an amazing event when the 2 nuclear war heads go at it.  

I ain't no casual kid...Every one at heavyweight has KO power because they're heavyweights.  Overeem really should've finished Stipe in their fight, but gassed out going for the choke.

I just see Ngannu as a different animal.  Bigger, stronger and power powerful, just can't see him being finished.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Khabib just absolutely dominated Barboza..........

9 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Khabib just absolutely dominated Barboza..........

And he could probably do that for 10 rounds!  He will absolutely roll McGregor if they ever fight.  Tony Ferg will be the tougher match up.

Just now, JV77 said:

And he could probably do that for 10 rounds!  He will absolutely roll McGregor if they ever fight.  Tony Ferg will be the tougher match up.

Conor would have the advantage in stand-up and Khabib would dominate on the ground.  Conor's biggest enemy is his conditioning.

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Conor would have the advantage in stand-up and Khabib would dominate on the ground.  Conor's biggest enemy is his conditioning.

Sure but man we just saw what Khabib did to probably a better all around stand up fighter than Conor.  Barbosa has some of the most lethal kicks in the UFC and was completely neutralized.  Khabib will have even an easier time taking Conor down.  Barbosa also much stronger and better athlete than Conor.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Khabib impressed me with his stand up against one of the best strikers in the division.

He will demolish Conor either way (if it ever happens). 

2 hours ago, JV77 said:

Sure but man we just saw what Khabib did to probably a better all around stand up fighter than Conor.  Barbosa has some of the most lethal kicks in the UFC and was completely neutralized.  Khabib will have even an easier time taking Conor down.  Barbosa also much stronger and better athlete than Conor.

This. 

Once Conor is done blowing through most of the 100 million that he made in boxing, we'll know for sure.  Because by then he'll have been stripped of the belt and will come back to face whoever is holding it at that point, either Tony or Khabib.

Best guess is we'll next see Tony vs. Khabib for the interim in April or May.  Then Dana will tell Conor that he has to come back that summer to fight the winner or vacate his title.

On 30/12/2017 at 6:22 PM, JV77 said:

Dana is gonna protect his cash cow so I don't expect a Connor khabib fight anytime soon. 

5 minutes ago, Isam said:

I expect khabib vs a grizzly before a fight with Connor. A khabib vs Ferguson fight will probably end the same way as the Barboza fight.

lol no. Barboza's bread and butter is striking. He is probably the best striker in the division. Ferguson is the most well rounded fighter at 155. His ground game is excellent as well and can submit you from anywhere. See how he submitted Lee if you aren't convinced. Nine of his pro wins have come via submission. 

Edited by RRypien37

8 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

lol no. Barboza's bread and butter is striking. He is probably the best striker in the division. Ferguson is the most well rounded fighter at 155. His ground game is excellent as well and can submit you from anywhere. See how he submitted Lee if you aren't convinced. Nine of his pro wins have come via submission. 

I know man, but khabib ground control game is crazy. He should be able to negate Ferguson's submission attempts pretty easy.

14 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Should be an interesting fight though since both fighters are &^@#ing huge for 155.

10 minutes ago, Isam said:

Should be an interesting fight though since both fighters are &^@#ing huge for 155.

I wouldn't say so. Neither is impressive from an aesthetics look. I'd say average size for lightweight. 

You want huge 155ers, see Alves, Lee and Trujillo. All absolutely jacked and look like they are 200 pounds at fight time.