The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

Agreed. TJ needs to clean out the division before it is fair of him to drop down to fight DJ.

While I agree I doubt the UFC will see it that way. They want a $$$ fight which Moraes v TJ is not (if TJ beats Cody).

1 hour ago, Bizarre said:

While I agree I doubt the UFC will see it that way. They want a $$$ fight which Moraes v TJ is not (if TJ beats Cody).

No fight at 135 is ever considered a "big money fight". Interest to the average fan/public tends to drop in the lighter weight classes . If anything Moraes vs Garbrandt would garner more attention with both being major KO artists. 

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Thank you Herb Dean for that threat.

That fight was ridiculous.  Ngannou is done if he can't get past his loss to Miocic.  At least Lewis had an excuse if his back truly was spasming on him again.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Silky mitts said:

That was so scripted 

It wasn't scripted, but I have no doubt that DC was told by Dana that Brock was coming to the fight.  This was best case scenario for the UFC and Dana was hoping that it would happen and it did.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

It wasn't scripted, but I have no doubt that DC was told by Dana that Brock was coming to the fight.  This was best case scenario for the UFC and Dana was hoping that it would happen and it did.

Although I agree Lesnar, was in full WWE mode on that one. His part in itself was definitely scripted. 

Edited by RRypien37

4 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Although I agree Lesnar, was in full WWE mode on that one. His part in itself was definitely scripted. 

True UFC didn't need have all thay to sell.  Lesnar simply being there and going into the cage and face off is all that was needed.

Going to sell regardless and be a big payday for both.

3 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Ya that’s what I mean not the fight . Lesnar was going to come out regardless whoever won that fight 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, RRypien37 said:

He knew what he was likely going to do, as did Dana, if he went into the ring and so did DC.  That's why DC told him right before his hand was raised that he was going to call him in.  As for the words and actions being scripted, there's no way.  Lesnar's face went slack when he got genuinely angry.  Roid rage will do that with your emotions.  Dana set it up, DC played along, and Lesnar was more than happy enough to hype it all while trying to get a mental edge in.  Unfortunately for Brock, DC is a huge pro wrestling fan so all Brock did was let DC live his dream for a moment rather than intimidate him.

• Upvote 1