The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

That tends to be the case. Last nights was pretty decent.

I still think UFC 217 was the greatest card ever.

I have re-watched UFC 217 at least three times. 189 and 199 are also pretty good.

This may be a weird complaint, but I wouldn't mind fewer fights on some of these cards. By the time the main/co-main roll around I'm a bit fatigued. 

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

I have re-watched UFC 217 at least three times. 189 and 199 are also pretty good.

This may be a weird complaint, but I wouldn't mind fewer fights on some of these cards. By the time the main/co-main roll around I'm a bit fatigued. 

I'm always down for quality over quantity. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JV77 said:

Ref blew it....The 12-6 strike hit him in the shoulder clearly and Proier said the same thing.

Shouldn't have been stood up.

It was still an illegal strike, no problem with it being stood up. 

Throw in Alvarez grabbing the fence while Poirier was attempting a guillotine  and I think he deserved to lose position on that.

He can only have himself to blame for throwing a 12-6 elbow. While it may be a stupid rule it's a rule everyone knows...

6 minutes ago, Bizarre said:

It was still an illegal strike, no problem with it being stood up. 

Throw in Alvarez grabbing the fence while Poirier was attempting a guillotine  and I think he deserved to lose position on that.

He can only have himself to blame for throwing a 12-6 elbow. While it may be a stupid rule it's a rule everyone knows...

Serious question, 12-6 strike is still illegal to the shoulder even if it doesnt hit the head?  

16 minutes ago, JV77 said:

Serious question, 12-6 strike is still illegal to the shoulder even if it doesnt hit the head?  

This is what I want answered. I was certain it was just 12-6 strikes, the target did not matter, but lots of people on Twitter saying otherwise. 

Anyway, there is an interesting clip going around showing Alvarez's corner hollering for elbows. I'm sure that wasn't what they had in mind. Eddie was also holding the cage when he threw the elbow. 

That was probably the best fight night card ever. Signficantly better than what UFC 227 will be. 

Looks like Aldo is back. Still has a great chin, walked through to huge uppercuts like nothing. 

Poirier the better striker. Unfortunately that doesn't bode well against Khabib as Eddie at least has a strong ground game. 

Dana says he wants Khabib vs Conor AND Tony on the same card. Logically Piorier would seem like the choice against Tony. Don't like his chances in that one either. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

That was probably the best fight night card ever. Signficantly better than what UFC 227 will be. 

Looks like Aldo is back. Still has a great chin, walked through to huge uppercuts like nothing. 

Poirier the better striker. Unfortunately that doesn't bode well against Khabib as Eddie at least has a strong ground game. 

Dana says he wants Khabib vs Conor AND Tony on the same card. Logically Piorier would seem like the choice against Tony. Don't like his chances in that one either. 

Definitely lived up to it's billing; better than a lot of PPV's have been recently.

4 hours ago, Down by the River said:

DC is really raw, and sometimes predicts things during a fight that don't actually happen, but the level of insight he provides during commentary is unlike anything I've heard. Rogan would try a bit of this when guys are on the ground, but DC covers all areas of a fight. 

I think he is a great commentator. Somewhat seems to be near the end of fighting (but has a few more fights to give). I am hoping he starts to do this full time with Joe. They have great chemistry.