The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

7 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

It will be hard to find a HW on the roster for Hardy to beat with what we saw tonight. They'll drag up some bum I'm sure. I love me some freakshow fights being a fan since early 2000s and Pride. Maybe bring Minowaman out of retirement! 

Your sig needs to be changed. Make is a 3 punch combo with Skinner :p

They'll find somebody to fight him.  He isn't ready for any competent fighter though.  He's still too new.

Have to make sure that Skinner will be back with the Sabres before I even think about adding him to the signature box.  He may decide that he's worth more than the Sabres are willing to pay to keep him.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

They'll find somebody to fight him.  He isn't ready for any competent fighter though.  He's still too new.

Have to make sure that Skinner will be back with the Sabres before I even think about adding him to the signature box.  He may decide that he's worth more than the Sabres are willing to pay to keep him.

Yeah he's def getting paid. I love seeing him do well. Always been a fan and after all those concussions ...so awesome. 

• Cheers 1

I'm seeing that the card was controversial. I didn't watch live, seeing some highlights today.

Hardy couldn't control himself? hmm, that's a wild surprise.

Dana is upset, calling the TJ/ Henry an early stoppage.... what a thing it would be in a year or so to do a org vs org with the rematch for Mighty Mouse and Henry. I could see the UFC doing it as they don't  seem to care about the smaller divisions , yet they are a big deal to One Championship over in the Asian world. Could be big big $$$$

I'm annoyed that I didn't pick Henry to win as he uses that great Karate stance, lateral movement and in and out. Like how he timed TJ's kicks to quickly re -engage for the counter.

I just thought TJ would be too big, fast and physical. Wrong again Bishop.

its too be these athletes cut weight. Why not just make everyone actually fight at their LEGIT weight class. Stupid to see guys cutting 10-20lbs maybe even more. For what, the size advantage of fighting in a small weight division? I can't believe Cerrone is 6'1 and 156lbs, thats insane! I might be bit taller than that and at the fittest I ever was I was just under 180 and i felt that was too skinny for myself.

Weight cutting should not be allowed imo. But I guess it aint going anywhere, so it is what it is

13 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

its too be these athletes cut weight. Why not just make everyone actually fight at their LEGIT weight class. Stupid to see guys cutting 10-20lbs maybe even more. For what, the size advantage of fighting in a small weight division? I can't believe Cerrone is 6'1 and 156lbs, thats insane! I might be bit taller than that and at the fittest I ever was I was just under 180 and i felt that was too skinny for myself.

Weight cutting should not be allowed imo. But I guess it aint going anywhere, so it is what it is

A handful of guys even cut 30+ pounds. It was rumored Holloway was walking at 187 before his last fight (he is a 145er). Darren till who has been fighting at 170 walks around at 210-220 between fights. Woodley at 200. It's absolutely ridiculous but until someone dies from a weight cut on the big stage nothing will be done. 

Fyi Cerrone is no where near his listed height of 6'1. He is more like 5'11 and MAYBE generously 6'0 with shoes on. UFC is notorious with inaccurate or inflated height stats. Want crazy? Luis Pena and James Vick are both 6'3" and also fight at 155. Pena even wants to drop down to 145. 

Edited by RRypien37
  • Upvote 1

On 1/19/2019 at 9:33 PM, SabreFan1 said:

Teixeira won.  Roberson was done.

You're misunderstanding his point. At the beginning of the fight Glover looked done and way more exposed than Dillashaw did but the ref let it continue. In a title fight more time/leniency needs to be given to a downed opponent.

8 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

You're misunderstanding his point. At the beginning of the fight Glover looked done and way more exposed than Dillashaw did but the ref let it continue. In a title fight more time/leniency needs to be given to a downed opponent.

Keep going in the thread.  I initially misunderstood him, but then once I realized what he was saying I gave him a response:

On 1/20/2019 at 12:58 AM, SabreFan1 said:

He very nearly did stop it but Glover intelligently defended himself when he grabbed his opponent's leg to drag him down so the ref backed off.

TJ wasn't intelligently defending himself.  He just kept getting dropped and taking punishment.

It was definitely an early stoppage, but TJ was done.  Even Dana said afterwards that even though he personally wanted it to go longer, TJ's face in the back room looked like he had gone 3 rounds instead of 20 seconds.

I don't get the logic in acknowledging that (a) it was an early stoppage but (b) TJ was going to lose anyway. If he was going to lose anyway, then it wasn't an early stoppage. The ref did exactly what he is supposed to do, which is to protect fighters from the inevitable. TJ was getting batted around like a cat playing with a ball of yarn. Cejudo didn't even need to land clean shots and they were still taking TJ out of position. I love watching TJ fight, but he got embarrassed there. 

8 hours ago, Isam said:

Jon jones has tested positive once again cuz he's straight up pulsing. Lol. Oh man, the ufc pr machine will be busy. The golden snitch will on world tour once again.

Don't think so, the amount detected is really tiny, and its a known end metabolite that can show up and disappear, in this numbers, for a long time.  If he was juicing, these numbers would be way higher, and other metabolites would also be found.

26 minutes ago, xereau said:

Don't think so, the amount detected is really tiny, and its a known end metabolite that can show up and disappear, in this numbers, for a long time.  If he was juicing, these numbers would be way higher, and other metabolites would also be found.

The science is weak on this subject man. And he did light up on the picograms. Apparently only him and dawson are the only guys who can do this and i dont buy it all. The duchess can still mess up a testing result. 

37 minutes ago, xereau said:

Mlb had a rash of tbol testings and same with east germans. How come they arent pulsing

They werent suprised he had some in his system, that stuff ca linger for a while apparently. If he was full on juicing and had lots in his system thats a different story. either way he is a great fighter and I would rather watch him fight than not be allowed to.

Hope he moves up to HW to try to beat Cormier before he retires

At least one Grand Prix will be over tonight. Novel idea, but takes a while to crown the champ. At least in the WW grand prix, Water boy loses the winner is champ and continues on in the tourney....I believe!?

Be cool to see Fedor win, but will he defend or retire? Double champs basically never defend both titles so seeing bader win is kind of meh to me. Been what almost a year since he defended the LHW title because of this grand prix?

58 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

At least one Grand Prix will be over tonight. Novel idea, but takes a while to crown the champ. At least in the WW grand prix, Water boy loses the winner is champ and continues on in the tourney....I believe!?

Be cool to see Fedor win, but will he defend or retire? Double champs basically never defend both titles so seeing bader win is kind of meh to me. Been what almost a year since he defended the LHW title because of this grand prix?

Go fedor. Pretty decent card overall. The pico vs coralles is gonna be dynamite

C'mon Fedor!!!!  One of my all time faves with GSP and Shogun.  Been a fan since 2004...Bader should win but I would love to see Fedor ride off into the sunset on a huge win. 

THE LAST EMPEROR!!!!!

Image result for fedor emelianenko sweater ice cream

Edited by Gnarcore

5 minutes ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

Lights out! Darth Bader wins! Didn't even break a sweat! In less than a minute! Wow

only made 150k for the W. Bellator will never be the high paying MMA company, but the fighters can make decent $ I would think thru endorsement deals

• Thanks 1