The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

I agree. I believe Fedor would beat the living hell out of Brock.

If only he would sign for the UFC.

Good win for Brock, Mir looked beaten to crap.

I loved the Hendo fight..I won 40 bucks from it. I bet someone that Hendo would beat Bisping for 20 bucks, and if its a knockout then double. They accepted :) .

GSP fight was great too, although I wish it wasnt decision. Nonetheless, awesome.

I think Belcher should have won for sure though...

Lol, what a nutty leap off the cage into a superman punch.

I think he should have won to

but now we have another up and coming star in SEXYYAMA!!

This is the only thing I know about fedor. He hates the ufc and will never will fight with them. Just think brock is too much of a monster for fedor to stand a chance. Brock said he would like to fight fedor in his espn interview, but can't due to diff orgs. Doesn't ufc have the best fighters? Fedor's with affliction right? Is he padding his record against chumps?

">

That's just complete stupidity and kills all of the little credibility you have.

Out of 30 professional bouts, only 2 have been in the Affliction organization and he cleaned the clocked with two former UFC Heavyweight champions in Arlovski and Sylvia.

Other notable victories Arona, Sobral, Herring, Nogueira, Fujita, Coleman, Randleman, CroCop, the list goes on.

No one has dominated like he has in MMA. No one has and no one will. Fedor >>>>>>>> Lesnar.

I'd have to see fedor fight lesnar before agreeing with that statement. Lesnar is just a beast and is the man in the mma world right now.

Edited by Luongo = Cup

I'd have to see fedor fight lesnar before agreeing with that statement. Lesnar is just a beast and is the man in the mma world right now.

Based on what?

He's may be the UFC Heavyweight Champion, but it can be argued heavily he is not the man in the UFC.

Do the names of Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machid, or George Freakin' St. Pierre ring a bell?

You're really too uninformed to be making such jump statements.

I find it funny everything you are saying is based on Lesnar's performance tonight. Oblivious much?

Remember that guy at work that was REALLY annoying and you wanted to take him out?

Think about that.

(are you sure HE was the problem?)

*SMAKKK*

AnywayZ, I think Bisping looked horrible, about the only things he did well was dance and throw a mean left jaw to the right hand.

Alves was looked like GSP's sparring partner in there, Alves was game but I think GSP's groin and elbow put up a more competitive fight.

Lesnar is just a freak, and I can't believe he's only 6' 3" 270 lbs, he looks bigger than Andre the Giant no matter who he's in there with.

Then watch Fedor next fight August 1st against Josh Barnett (he's an ex UFC heavyweight champ...notable wins were against Couture and Nogueira)

Based on what?

He's may be the UFC Heavyweight Champion, but it can be argued heavily he is not the man in the UFC.

Do the names of Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machid, or George Freakin' St. Pierre ring a bell?

You're really too uninformed to be making such jump statements.

I find it funny everything you are saying is based on Lesnar's performance tonight. Oblivious much?

GSP is the man as well. Different weight classes. Brock is the man in his class and gsp in his class. Read about fedor on wiki. Sounds like brock would have to stay away from the armbar, but other than that, if brock starts humping fedor and lets loose with the hammerfists, it's all over.

Edited by Luongo = Cup

I now think it's safe to say that the best P4P fighter in the world is now GSP. There is no one left to beat in his divison. Same goes with Silva in Middleweight. So how about a catchweight fight between GSP and Silva? Or let GSP go for Middleweight title. He will beat Anderson Silva.

GSP is the man as well. Different weight classes. Brock is the man in his class and gsp in his class. Read about fedor on wiki. Sounds like brock would have to stay away from the armbar, but other than that, if brock starts humping fedor and lets loose with the hammerfists, it's all over.

So you're basing your opinion on the greatest MMA fighter in the history of the Sport by reading wikipedia???

Hahahha. :lol:

Why are you changing your statement now? Different weight classes?

You clearly said ..man in the mma world right now.. He isn't even the man in the UFC, yet alone MMA in general.

Then again I might be confusing you, you probably think that UFC is the only MMA organization that exists. That and this is probably the first fight you've ever seen.

Just another typical clueless watcher, and let me emphasize, you are a watcher, not a fan. Because you are one of those people that sees a guy beating on someone and automatically assumes they are therefore the best. Example: Lesnar tko Mir.

Saying Lesnar > Fedor is the easiest way people can tell how clueless about MMA you truly are.

I laugh at how you think Lesnar would handle Fedor with "hammerfists". Your stupidity is off the charts.

There's having an opinion, then there's being an ignorant imbecile. I'm sure you know which on you are.

I now think it's safe to say that the best P4P fighter in the world is now GSP. There is no one left to beat in his divison. Same goes with Silva in Middleweight. So how about a catchweight fight between GSP and Silva? Or let GSP go for Middleweight title. He will beat Anderson Silva.

More than likely GSP and Silva have to defend their titles against Hendo and Swick before there's any chance of this fight happening.

No I would really like to know what these mma skills are? I'm a casual watcher and was watching with a friend who doesn't watch ufc and he said it was boring cause people are just humping each other all match. The fitch fight was all humping with barely any punches thrown. I don't see any skills. The best fight he said was the henderson fight cause they were throwing punches. What are these skills that other fighters are showing? I love gsp but even that match was mainly all humping by gsp. I don't see how one person's humping is different from another person's humping. They all look the same.

Basically what the guy below said(below this post of yours).

I watched all the fights tonight and didn't see much style difference b/w matches. Once the humping starts, they all look the same.

They were all good fighters, they really didn't want to fall into the other guys "specialty" like if one guy was really good at clinches, the other was really good at something other then or clinches, they would try hard not to get into a clinch or w.e then. But you got to learn to appreciate the ground game, try putting yourself in their positions when the fight is on the ground.

I've never seen fedor fight before, but after watching brock tonight, I think it's safe to say brock would destroy fedor too. The guy is a freak of nature and needs his own super heavyweight division. He's a monster!

No, Fedor is on like a whole new level compared to a lot of UFC's heavyweights, this guy would probably frack up Lesnar.

Edited by Khalistan_Zindabad

This is the only thing I know about fedor. He hates the ufc and will never will fight with them. Just think brock is too much of a monster for fedor to stand a chance. Brock said he would like to fight fedor in his espn interview, but can't due to diff orgs. Doesn't ufc have the best fighters? Fedor's with affliction right? Is he padding his record against chumps?

">

Edited by justnick

If Cain Velasquez beats Shane Carwin at UFC 104, I could see him getting a title shot. He is only 6'1 240lbs, but is super strong and showed in the Kongo fight that he has one heck of a chin.

Edited by Gnickers87