7255 replies to this topic

#3961 Trade Deadline

Trade Deadline

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,474 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:05 PM

Fedor is the man out there. All you idiots crying about "If Fedor is the best, he should fight the best".... well according to your retarded logic...then Brock should come to Strikeforce and get his arse handed to him by Fedor.

Posted Image

#3962 FireGillis

FireGillis

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:09 PM

Hope it's not career ending for lesnar. Would be terrible to see the greatest mma fighter in history have to retire so soon. :(

Proud member of 2015 tank nation! :towel:

#3963 deadmau5

deadmau5

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:20 PM

The greatest fighter in MMA history.. LOL shutup man. you obviously got no idea what you are talking about

-welcome to universe city-

Posted Image

#3964 Oranje

Oranje

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,502 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:20 PM

Fedor was the man out there. All you idiots crying about "If Fedor is the best, he should fight the best".... well according to your retarded logic...then Brock should come to Strikeforce and get his arse handed to him by Fedor.

Fixed

If the Detroit Red Wings or Pittsburgh Penguins dropped down to the AHL with their current team and dominated for the next 4 years, could still call them the best after those 4 years?

I'm not suggesting Brock is better, I don't think he'd even beat Fedor, but you can't say for absolute fact that Fedor is the best in the world.
Posted Image

#3965 FireGillis

FireGillis

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:26 PM

Fixed

If the Detroit Red Wings or Pittsburgh Penguins dropped down to the AHL with their current team and dominated for the next 4 years, could still call them the best after those 4 years?

I'm not suggesting Brock is better, I don't think he'd even beat Fedor, but you can't say for absolute fact that Fedor is the best in the world.

Agreed. Fedor is the jason krog of mma. Can dominate the lower guys, but can't compete with the big boys. Brock would knock him into next week if they ever fought.

Proud member of 2015 tank nation! :towel:

#3966 Humble Rodent

Humble Rodent

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:36 PM

Everybody knows Tank Abbot is the greatest heavy weight of all time anyway...

Posted Image

#3967 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:50 PM

Fixed

The only difference is this is the fight game. The UFC isn't the home of the elite in mma. It's just home to the guys that Dana thinks will sell PPV's or guys he can sign for pittance.

I am also not suggesting the Brock is not a good fighter. But he by no measure can even be considered in the same category as a guy who has been at the pinnacle of the sport for 9 years with no signs of slowing down. If we go back to your hockey analogy. The best hockey team is not the one that wins the stanley cup. It's the presidents cup trophy winner. That is the team that was consistantly the best. The stanley cup winner might end up being the presidents cup trophy winner. But it could also be the 8th place team of either division which could in fact be the 16th best team who happened to get lucky or hot when the time was right.

Posted Image

#3968 Trade Deadline

Trade Deadline

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,474 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:58 PM

Are you on crack folks?

Posted Image

#3969 Hordichuk

Hordichuk

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,817 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:58 PM

I don't think that Brock is the standard that Fedor should be measured up to. I consider him the weakest of the UFC champions and would like to see him take on all the up-and-comers like Carwin, Velasquez and Dos Santos before we consider him to be the best heavyweight on the planet.

It's tough with the fighters in different promotions. I think Fedor would absolutely pummel Brock, but to me that doesn't mean anything. I'd like to see Brock fight the best as well before I consider him the best.

But first I'd like him to get healthy. As much as I don't like the guy, I'd like for him to lose his title legitimately rather than have to retire as the UFC HWC. That would be bad for the sport because it would open up these endless debates until the end of civilization. "Ah yes, Carwin had a great career, but he never beat the guy with a dick on his chest."
Posted Image
Canada trying to hang on, they're going to get a break! It's going to be a break!
It is Joe Sakic... SCORES! ...JOE ...SAKIC ...SCORES and that makes it 5-2 Canada...
Surely... that's gotta be it!

#3970 Homo Sapiens' Sapience

Homo Sapiens' Sapience

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,088 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:47 PM

I'm puzzled here. Where do people get this notion that the best fighters are in the UFC, and UFC alone? Just because it's the biggest promotion, doesn't mean they sign every best fighter ever.

Fedor has fought some of the best, and he's never lost. If he wasn't the greatest HW fighter, he wouldn't be undefeated.

All you UFC monkeys keep chirping away, I'm sure Harbinger and VaNuCkZ are laughing as much as I am at your stupid, futile attempts to take something away from Fedor.

Oh, and I'm sure a has-been wouldn't be offered a 30 million dollar contract by Dana White. :lol:

Bunch of donkeys.

Edited by Vlad the Impaler, 16 November 2009 - 11:48 PM.

Wouldn't it be nice if people thought more and believed less?

Buggernut

#3971 Oranje

Oranje

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,502 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:49 PM

The only difference is this is the fight game. The UFC isn't the home of the elite in mma. It's just home to the guys that Dana thinks will sell PPV's or guys he can sign for pittance.

I am also not suggesting the Brock is not a good fighter. But he by no measure can even be considered in the same category as a guy who has been at the pinnacle of the sport for 9 years with no signs of slowing down. If we go back to your hockey analogy. The best hockey team is not the one that wins the stanley cup. It's the presidents cup trophy winner. That is the team that was consistantly the best. The stanley cup winner might end up being the presidents cup trophy winner. But it could also be the 8th place team of either division which could in fact be the 16th best team who happened to get lucky or hot when the time was right.

Okay, maybe my hockey analogy wasn't the best, but I'm just not sold on Fedor being the undisputed best HW at the moment. Throughout MMA histroy I'd agree that he is, but he's got to keep beating the best to retain that crown. It's too bad the fight with Barnett never materialized began that would've really tested Fedor. I think Overeem would be a good opponent for him as well.

I disagree about the UFC not being the home of the elite in MMA. UFC fighters dominate the top ten ranking in every division. That's not to say other organizations aren't home to great fighters, but UFC can boast the highest ratio of the top fighters.
Posted Image

#3972 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:50 PM

I'm puzzled here. Where do people get this notion that the best fighters are in the UFC, and UFC alone? Just because it's the biggest promotion, doesn't mean they sign every best fighter ever.

Fedor has fought some of the best, and he's never lost. If he wasn't the greatest HW fighter, he wouldn't be undefeated.

All you UFC monkeys keep chirping away, I'm sure Harbinger and VaNuCkZ are laughing as much as I am at your stupid, futile attempts to take something away from Fedor.

Oh, and I'm sure a has-been wouldn't be offered a 30 million dollar contract by Dana White. Posted Image

Bunch of donkeys.

Don't waste your time. People who are not rational to begin with are not capable of understanding a rational argument

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#3973 16nucks

16nucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:50 PM

Oh, and I'm sure a has-been wouldn't be offered a 30 million dollar contract by Dana White. Posted Image

Bunch of donkeys.

+20
Listen to Vlad !!! Posted Image

16nucks

#3974 Homo Sapiens' Sapience

Homo Sapiens' Sapience

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,088 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:52 PM

+20
Listen to Vlad !!! Posted Image

Hey, why such surprised expression? I'm not as dumb as I may appear! :lol:

Oh, and you know you can rep me now, right? Though +20 would be swell. :lol:

Edited by Vlad the Impaler, 16 November 2009 - 11:52 PM.

Buggernut

#3975 Oranje

Oranje

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,502 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:57 PM

Oh, and I'm sure a has-been wouldn't be offered a 30 million dollar contract by Dana White. :lol:

Bunch of donkeys.

Dana offered Fedor that contract because of the possibilities. Fedor v. Mir, Fedor v. Lesnar, Fedor v. Couture, Fedor v. Velasquez and so on. Those would be huge PPV buys.
Posted Image

#3976 Homo Sapiens' Sapience

Homo Sapiens' Sapience

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,088 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:03 AM

Dana offered Fedor that contract because of the possibilities. Fedor v. Mir, Fedor v. Lesnar, Fedor v. Couture, Fedor v. Velasquez and so on. Those would be huge PPV buys.

Fedor v. Fin would be huge.

You don't offer the biggest contract (by a huge margin at that) to a guy who's not the best in the world. If idiots are right, and Fedor can't hack it with "the best" in UFC, he won't be a PPV magnet for long.

Buggernut

#3977 Oranje

Oranje

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,502 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:20 AM

Fedor v. Fin would be huge.

You don't offer the biggest contract (by a huge margin at that) to a guy who's not the best in the world. If idiots are right, and Fedor can't hack it with "the best" in UFC, he won't be a PPV magnet for long.

I don't know that anyone has said Fedor can't hack if in the UFC, but that is where he should be because that's where he can continue to prove he's still the best in the world.

I think it's important to point out that Fedor had trouble with Andrei Arlovski, who isn't the same fighter he was a few years ago, until Arlovski went for a stupid flying knee. To add to that, Fedor also struggled early against Rogers.

Just a little Fedor flashback, the second fight I ever saw of his is one of my favourite fights of all time. That was the 2005 fight with Cro Cop. Both fighters were just at the pinnacle of their careers at the time.
Posted Image

#3978 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:49 AM

I don't know that anyone has said Fedor can't hack if in the UFC, but that is where he should be because that's where he can continue to prove he's still the best in the world.

I think it's important to point out that Fedor had trouble with Andrei Arlovski, who isn't the same fighter he was a few years ago, until Arlovski went for a stupid flying knee. To add to that, Fedor also struggled early against Rogers.

Just a little Fedor flashback, the second fight I ever saw of his is one of my favourite fights of all time. That was the 2005 fight with Cro Cop. Both fighters were just at the pinnacle of their careers at the time.

That's Fedors M.O. He always bleeds. he always takes some punches. He always looks like someone can take advantage of him. He always wins.

Posted Image

#3979 Hordichuk

Hordichuk

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,817 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:48 AM

So who's next for Fedor in Strikeforce? Once he beats Overeem and Werdum, there's going to be nobody left unless they sign some young guys.

The UFC has Carwin, Velasquez and Dos Santos. Those are the guys he's going to have to go through at some time. I couldn't care less about Lesnar.
Posted Image
Canada trying to hang on, they're going to get a break! It's going to be a break!
It is Joe Sakic... SCORES! ...JOE ...SAKIC ...SCORES and that makes it 5-2 Canada...

#3980 hank4hire

hank4hire

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:28 AM

i'd like to see carwin vs velasquez for the intrim belt if lesnar is going to be out of action indefinitely
Posted Image----------------- 33------------------ Posted Image

#3981 Hordichuk

Hordichuk

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,817 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:35 AM

The rumour is Carwin/Velasquez in February at 109 or 110. 109 is the weaker card right now.
Posted Image

#3982 xtr3m

xtr3m

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:26 AM

Carwin, Velasquez, and Nogueira are all injured right now. Not even talking about Lesnar here.

GSP wants to wrestle in the 2012 Olympics.

Next TUF would most likely feature GSP and Hardy, Canada vs UK.

#3983 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,192 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:18 AM

Carwin, Velasquez, and Nogueira are all injured right now. Not even talking about Lesnar here.

GSP wants to wrestle in the 2012 Olympics.

Next TUF would most likely feature GSP and Hardy, Canada vs UK.

Where the hell did ya get that from?

TomBrady.jpg

#3984 Old Time Hockey

Old Time Hockey

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:04 AM

So what is everone's opinion on the outcome of Tito vs Griffin 2? I personally cant stand Tito, so I hope Griffin knocks him out!

Posted Image

"Every man must do two things alone; he must do his own believing and his own dying. "
- Martin Luther

#3985 16nucks

16nucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:27 PM

Hey, why such surprised expression? I'm not as dumb as I may appear! Posted Image

Oh, and you know you can rep me now, right? Though +20 would be swell. Posted Image

Haha. I know, I know. I meant it to be a more "I'm-surprised-you-needed-Vlad-to-tell-you-what's-right look."
I tried to rep you, but I couldn't :( I'll rep you as soon as I get more :P

Lol, I was reading what a few people wrote about Fedor and how he needs to fight the "big boys" in order to be proven the best. What a bunch of BS.
Like someone said before, why doesn't Lesnar come to Strikeforce and try to fight Fedor there Posted Image :)

16nucks

#3986 LeafsBlowPouch

LeafsBlowPouch

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:28 PM

So what is everone's opinion on the outcome of Tito vs Griffin 2? I personally cant stand Tito, so I hope Griffin knocks him out!

I hope Tito gets destroyed. Griffin needs to regain his confidence.
Posted Image
Props to mr7 for the sig!
Thanks Marleau_12 for the avatar

#3987 Oranje

Oranje

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,502 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:53 PM

Lol, I was reading what a few people wrote about Fedor and how he needs to fight the "big boys" in order to be proven the best. What a bunch of BS.
Like someone said before, why doesn't Lesnar come to Strikeforce and try to fight Fedor there Posted Image :)

And this doesn't make sense to you how? Fedor is the greatest MMA HW of all time, but he can't continue to be labelled as the current best HW unless he continues to defeat top fighters.

Dana wants Brock to fight Fedor, more than Brock wants to fight Fedor.
Posted Image

#3988 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:08 PM

And this doesn't make sense to you how? Fedor is the greatest MMA HW of all time, but he can't continue to be labelled as the current best HW unless he continues to defeat top fighters.

Of course Dana wants Fedor to fight under the UFC banner. It has nothing to do with who he fights. It has to do with having credibility for his Heavyweight division. It's the reason why he won't give in on the single fight deals as well as allowing him to fight in other promotions or to co promote. The very worst thing that could happen to the UFC is that Fedor comes in for one fight. Beats the UFC Champion and then leaves to go fight somewhere else.

Fedor has made a point of saying that he will not fight for the UFC if he then gets stuck there and becomes proprietary of the UFC rather than the way he has it now where he is allowed to fight anywhere he wants. I actually prefer the way he wants it where there is cross promotions and access to a larger field of opponents. Fedor is not saying he won't fight UFC opponents. He just won't be their female dog.

Posted Image

#3989 Homo Sapiens' Sapience

Homo Sapiens' Sapience

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,088 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:09 PM

Has anyone beaten Fedor to take away his title of the best HW? No? If the top contenders want to be the best, it's on them to sign with Strikeforce to take on Fedor. Fedor is a giant, he doesn't need to do anything he doesn't want to. It won't be "Fedor could be the best if he beat this guy", but "this guy could be the best, if he beat Fedor". And anyone who knows anything about MMA will agree, Fedor is the undisputed, undefeated, greatest heavyweight of all time. The baddest man on earth, The Last Emperor, the best pound-for-pound fighter.

Until Fedor slips, until his record grows in the Losses column, Fedor will be the best current HW in the world.

Buggernut

#3990 16nucks

16nucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:16 PM

IMO Dana only offered him that contract cause he knows he would sell PPV. Considering that he has been in the industry for a while now and has been consistent, makes him the best HW fighter. He hasn't been defeated, which makes him the best. Again only my opinion. Not saying Lesnar isn't good, because he is. Like Harbinger just said there, Fedor doesn't want to be 'property' of UFC. If Lesnar wants to fight Fedor then he should find a way to do it. Why does it have to be Fedor signing with UFC? Those guys can come to him if they want to fight him so badly and prove he isn't the best.

16nucks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.