The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Not sure why so many hate brock. He's great for mma and brings in new fans. MMA needs more characters like him. When you have an unbeatable freak like him, it's exciting to watch.

I agree with what you say but i think the fans were disappointed at the lack post fight class he showed last night, although the comment about beating Mir with the horseshoe gave me a good chuckle

Not sure why so many hate brock. He's great for mma and brings in new fans. MMA needs more characters like him. When you have an unbeatable freak like him, it's exciting to watch.

I didn't like him much before last night, but that post-fight interview was the best thing I've ever seen in the UFC. "Hell I might even get on top of my wife tonight". Classic. Add to that the unreal beating he laid on Mir's face and he's one of my favourite fighters

i was surprised that GSP dominated as much as he did. I thought Alves was going to give him a tougher fight. I guess that's how tough GSP really is.

I agree

Silva and GSP is a dumb fight, Silva is a bigger man (6'2 vs 5'10) and should be fighting at Light Heavyweight regardless. Going up to fight Griffin is easy for him in terms of the size/weight issues.

GSP going up to fight Silva is much bigger jump and it would be very hard for him to win, despite being the more talented fighter.

I agree, I don't any logic to this fight at all. I guess they want to settle the "best pound for pound fighter" argument once and for all. The problem is exactly as you state, Silva is a much bigger guy and for GSP to move up a weight class is a much bigger disadvantage than Silva moving down one. I don't see GSP beating Silva either, though he's a much better fighter than anyone Silva has faced yet. If GSP were able to take him to the ground, he might have a chance.

Edited by stawns

Yeah I thought Alves was going to give GSP a challenge, but guess not.

He even cried after too, although that's not really relevant.

The way Alves was stalking back and forth before the fight, I thought he would go in swinging.

Lol Brock, " Ill drink a Bud Light. Wait, no I won't, since they dont pay me. Ill drink a Coors Light. "

That's probably not quote for quote, but its almost right.

UFC > EVERYTHING ELSE.

Dana white said it himself, there are fighters who are just too scared to come to the UFC and risk their reputation.

Until I see them in the UFC I could care less about who they are.

A subtle jab at Fedor perhaps

No he's not good for the UFC at all, he's like the Sean Avery of MMA.

Dana White completely bashed him for this comments, no one in the UFC was impressed with his comments/actions.

No he's not good for the UFC at all, he's like the Sean Avery of MMA.

Dana White completely bashed him for this comments, no one in the UFC was impressed with his comments/actions.

normally, I don't like grandstanding etc (see the Ovechkin thread), but I found Lesnar hilarious and it was clearly an act. Despite White's comments, I think lesnar is great for the UFC and will draw fans to the otherwise pathetic heavy weight division. My only problem with him is that he's such a freak, I can't think of anyone who will even give him a decent fight. So where does Lesnar go from here?

The best fights are when you know the two people genuinely despise each other.They have no option but to win or be totally humiliated.The more Brock mouths off,the more that will be on the line when he does fight.I do like how GSP says little ,then kicks rears though.

Meh Lesnar has no class which is why I despise him, he hasn't had ONE humble victory (or is his one loss) in the UFC yet, taunts the opponents after the final bell rings in ALL of his matches so far and in his one loss he sulked like a little baby because of the ref

Yeah I thought Alves was going to give GSP a challenge, but guess not.

He even cried after too, although that's not really relevant.

The way Alves was stalking back and forth before the fight, I thought he would go in swinging.

Lol Brock, " Ill drink a Bud Light. Wait, no I won't, since they dont pay me. Ill drink a Coors Light. "

That's probably not quote for quote, but its almost right.

Lol it was, "I'll have a coors light, because bud light doesn't pay me crap"

I thought Mir had turned it around in the 2nd round. He came out flying, stopped a couple of take downs. When he went for that flying knee, you could tell that was his adrenaline that took over. They'll have a round 3. Don't see anyone in that division beating Mir or Brock right now.

Hey 'Luongo=Cup'

Here is the link to my 'Fedor Emelianenko Playlist' on Youtube!!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=C5260D777F635DD0

The videos that were taken down, I've re-added them!!

Watch the fights vs.

Hong Man Choi, Matt Lindland, Yuji Nagata, Cro Cop, Zuluzinho, Shinya Aoki, Gary Goodridge, Mark Hunt,

Kevin Randleman (watch Fedor survive getting DROPPED on his head at 1:43 of the video)

Fujita (Fedor gets ROCKED at 3:16 in the video, and composes himself enough to still win), Tim Sylvia,

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (Watch Fedor's destroying punch at 7:54 of the video), and Andre Arlovski!!!

Everyone should watch these fights. Fedor isn't an animal like Brock is. He is a MACHINE who can be destroyed!!!