The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

No he's not good for the UFC at all, he's like the Sean Avery of MMA.

Dana White completely bashed him for this comments, no one in the UFC was impressed with his comments/actions.

Brock apologized for the comments on espn afterwards when he sat down with them.

Overshadowing Brock Lesnar's win has to be the unified heavyweight champion's actions immediately following the fight.

Flipping off the fans, ripping on a major UFC sponsor and adding insult to injury to his challenger Frank Mir, Lesnar certainly did not endear himself to the majority of the 10,673 in attendance at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

Lesnar had a behind closed doors talk with UFC president Dana White afterwards and apologized during the post-fight press conference.

"I acted very unprofessionally after the fight," Lesnar said. "And I'll leave it at that. I'm a sore loser, okay? I don't like to get beat. I believe that Frank and I's first bout, I gave that fight to him. So there was a lot of emotion in this fight for me."

Lesnar said his competitiveness and his background in pro wrestling drove him to his over-the-top actions inside the Octagon, which included telling the crowd his intentions to get on top of his wife later in the night.

"You guys ask me all the time: Is there anything I can drag over from the WWE?" Lesnar said. "And I guess you've seen a little bit tonight."

With a bottle of the UFC's official beer sponsor Bud Light in front him, Lesnar added, despite his post-fight actions, that he holds no ill will towards Mir.

"I have nothing against Frank," Lesnar said. "Like I said, the only thing I had against Frank was that he beat me. We both talked a lot of crap and in the end, I was just amped up."

http://www.mmafighting.com/news/2009/07/12...ight-comments-0

Meh Lesnar has no class which is why I despise him, he hasn't had ONE humble victory (or is his one loss) in the UFC yet, taunts the opponents after the final bell rings in ALL of his matches so far and in his one loss he sulked like a little baby because of the ref

Do you know how much crap mir was talking before the fight? If you listen to gabriel morency, he's a huge mir backer and even he thought mir was going a bit too far saying, if you poke the bear enough times.....

People who say no one in the UFC can beat Lesnar, well there's a guy by the name of Shane freakin' Carwin.

I'm sure most of you don't know who he is cause this thread is 90% of poser fans that are entirely clueless about MMA.

Yeah this guy is a legend

People who say no one in the UFC can beat Lesnar, well there's a guy by the name of Shane freakin' Carwin.

I'm sure most of you don't know who he is cause this thread is 90% of poser fans that are entirely clueless about MMA.

doesn't have have to beat Velasquez before he gets the title shot?

doesn't have have to beat Velasquez before he gets the title shot?

Yes. But again, this guy is bigger than Lesnar, stronger than Lesnar, and most definitely has more skill than the overrated abnormal or irregular shape or size.

After he inevitably cleans Velasquez's clock and exposes his mediocre stand-up, we can all witness the engineer.

Shane Carwin :lol:

Lesnar would just sit on him and deliver 50 hammer fists before Carwin can get a punch in. I don't like Lesnar's attitude and he has no class but give the guy credit, he beat Mir like it was nothing. Carwin, Fedor etc. won't be able to beat lesnar since they can't match his strength. It wouldn't even matter if they were faster, since once Lesnar takes them down, speed would be a non-factor. If this was boxing, then Fedor or Carwin would have the ability to beat Lesnar but it's not.

Yes. But again, this guy is bigger than Lesnar, stronger than Lesnar, and most definitely has more skill than the overrated abnormal or irregular shape or size.

After he inevitably cleans Velasquez's clock and exposes his mediocre stand-up, we can all witness the engineer.

Lesnar is bigger, stronger and a better wrestler.

You mean this Shane Carwin??!?

Are you serious?!? No way he is stronger and bigger than Lesnar, I don't know which Shane Carwin you are talkin about?

Lesnar was one of the best wrestlers in the history of the NCAA...........he's got plenty of skill.

If Gonzaga had such an easy time taking down Carwin, Lesnar will have a field day with him.

Shane Carwin :lol:

Lesnar would just sit on him and deliver 50 hammer fists before Carwin can get a punch in. I don't like Lesnar's attitude and he has no class but give the guy credit, he beat Mir like it was nothing. Carwin, Fedor etc. won't be able to beat lesnar since they can't match his strength. It wouldn't even matter if they were faster, since once Lesnar takes them down, speed would be a non-factor. If this was boxing, then Fedor or Carwin would have the ability to beat Lesnar but it's not.

Saying that these two have no chance against Lesnar is just nonsense...Carwin would give a good fight and could actually beat him. Against Fedor...well Lesnar is just no contest for him.

If Gonzaga had such an easy time taking down Carwin, Lesnar will have a field day with him.

It took him only 69 seconds to knock out a former number one contender.

Have his day with him? In 10 of his professional 11 bouts, no one has lasted longer than 2minutes with him except one.

That exception lasted 2:11 and he tapped because Carwin was unleashing his XXXXL fist onto his face.

Exactly, there are many fighters who have better standup, better JJ, but none of them can match his wrestling and once he gets you down, you're in big big trouble. A submission is the only reasonable way to beat him, but to do that you have to go to the ground and that's a huge huge risk. Mir's as good a submission guy as their is in the heavy weight division and he wanted to avoid the ground game like the plague, for obvious reasons. Lesnar is to big, too quick and too strong for almost all the fighters in that weight class.