The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Sweet. Now can we go back to not caring about women's MMA?

Also, a shortlist of who Fedor may fight in his first match with Strikeforce.....

- Paul Buentello

- Allistair Overeem (could be okay, I guess)

- Brett Rodgers

- Fabricio Werdum

Wow. Just f-ing wow. Good choice on siging with Strikeforce, ya dumb $h!t. Now we're really gonna see him get tested against the elite HW's of the world. What a joke.

Also, a shortlist of who Fedor may fight in his first match with Strikeforce.....

- Paul Buentello

- Brett Rodgers

- Fabricio Werdum

Wow. Just f-ing wow. Good choice on siging with Strikeforce, ya dumb $h!t. Now we're really gonna see him get tested against the elite HW's of the world. What a joke.

Honestly, after fighting so many cans, I don't even consider him the best p4p fighter in the world anymore, I just can't. I've got St. Pierre, A. Silva, and Machida all ahead of him because they actually go out and seek the next big challenge.

Ugh, that was hard to watch. They're sooo sloppy, all these weak-looking flailing punches (aside from the g&p).

Yeah, they could kick my donkey, but they don't look like pro fighters in there. You can't blame it on the lack of strength, because the tiny guys in WEC are insanely entertaining to watch.

Honestly, after fighting so many cans, I don't even consider him the best p4p fighter in the world anymore, I just can't. I've got St. Pierre, A. Silva, and Machida all ahead of him because they actually go out and seek the next big challenge.

GSP yes. Silva no. Silvas fought a lot of cans. Henderson and Griffin (to a point) I believe where his only challengers.

GSP yes. Silva no. Silvas fought a lot of cans. Henderson and Griffin (to a point) I believe where his only challengers.

Please. I love GSP, but nobody comes close to dominating their opponents like Silva does. The guy hasn't had a close fight in his entire UFC career.

That was one sloppy sloppy fight. Gina had good hip control on the throws with Cyborg, and even ended up turning a Cyborg flip into a full mount, which was good. How she decided it was best to stand up and give up the full mount is beyond me. It's not like Cyborg used skills to get out of that full mount, no, Gina just decided not to keep control on the mount, then randomly just stood up. That was the turning point of the fight where Gina was concerned. Once they were on their feet I could have sworn I was watching Chuck Lidell fight Tito Ortiz, as Gina covered up her face and offered no retaliation to Cyborg as the fight wore on, letting Cyborg know she could throw at will and not worry about any counters.

Gina also looked incredibly gassed after like 2 minutes into the fight. You obviously want to avoid conjecture, but from what she has said, and Randy Couture said, I don't think Gina is getting in as much training as a pro MMA fighter should. No one's cardio should die that quickly into a fight.

If anything, this makes the argument for 5 minute female rounds a little bit harder to make, just because both fighters looked gassed early into the fight. Though half of that could have been their sloppy technique, too, who knows.

Regardless, the show overall was ok. Werdum fighting Fedor next is a joke to me, though, because Fedor will either knock Werdum the frack out, or grab an easy armbar and tap him out, in under a minute. One submission win does not a contender make, Werdum.

Gilbert looked sharp in that fight. It helped that his opponent had NO striking game whatsoever, but Gilbert was good in preventing the take down, you have to give him credit for that.

Mousasi looked like a killer in his fight, very Fedor like. Came in looking calm and bored, finished the fight looking calm and bored. I am very very very interested in seeing more of his fights. If he wins 2 more fights like this at LW, the fans will begin to scream for a Machida vs Mousasi fight.

I know he hasn't been tested too often, but at least he's looking at facing better opponents. The way he made a fool out of Griffin was just unreal, I thought for sure the former Light Heavyweight champ would put up a better showing than that. I give brownie points for someone who doesn't want to fight no-names the rest of his career. I'm a big Fedor fan as well, it's just such a waste.

Edited by Duodenum

I'm starting to agree with ya. Although I have Silva over GSP as best P4P fighter in the world.

Please. I love GSP, but nobody comes close to dominating their opponents like Silva does. The guy hasn't had a close fight in his entire UFC career.

I'm just saying, I need to see him face more talented guys than Chris Leben, before I can call him the best p4p in the world. Whereas GSP has dominated the best of the best in his division.

I'm just saying, I need to see him face more talented guys than Chris Leben, before I can call him the best p4p in the world. Whereas GSP has dominated the best of the best in his division.

All the while weighing 20lb's more than his weight class allows.

- Paul Buentello

- Brett Rodgers

- Fabricio Werdum

Who are these "elite" heavyweights waiting for him in the UFC?

Cain and Carwin who are still unproven? Lesnar who has 4 fights in mma?

Give me a break.

Last weeks UFC wasn't very good either. so let's round it out to two weeks of fight fails.

Nah.

UFC 100 had Lesnar, 101 had Silva. Both won in pretty outstanding fashion. I think the point here is that the UFC's superstars are still the superstars, while other promotions don't have the one dominant fighter to work around.