i bought 6 tickets.. 4 in the cheap seats and 2 four rows from ringside.. :D

#4922 Ajax19

Ajax19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,969 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

They won't allow for the scheduling to collide. That's booking 101 my friend.

lol.. i was kidding?

You kidding? I am Queens Boulevard.

#4923 MegaNuck

MegaNuck

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:16 AM

got a pair of tixc. $850. pretty expensive.

Posted Image

"I can say and be whoever I want on the Internet because Anonymity is my guardian" -- Majority of CDC posters

#4924 ChelseaFC

ChelseaFC

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:18 AM

I think alot of fight club members got screwed over. There was an option on Ticketmaster that allows you to buy the membership and tickets at the same time.
Thats a secret between me and the puck!
Roberto Luongo commenting on the save he made with his face

#4925 Captain Bob

Captain Bob

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,617 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:54 AM

Anyone hear Dana White talking about the Saturday matches? He sounded pissed off. Apparently GSP was supposed to enter the ring and challenge the Spider, but Dana told him not to because he doesn't deserve the shot.

#4926 MauricioShogunRua

MauricioShogunRua

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:13 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=317886

LOL that was fast, and scroll to the bottom and read what Liddel thinks about Tito

Edited by MauricioShogunRua, 13 April 2010 - 03:14 PM.

Posted Image

Credit to ChenWei for awesome sig.

#4927 Innovative

Innovative

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,933 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:04 PM

I can't believe that some people are willing to pay 300$+ to watch an event headlined by a washed up former UFC star, no offense Chuck. I'd rather fly to Vegas or somewhere else to catch a better UFC event and the prices usually aren't this steep either.

That being said i'm a big MMA fan and I might try to snag a pair of tickets last minute, believe me, lots of scalpers/hoarders will be selling below face as we approach the event.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4928 King of Anarchy

King of Anarchy

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:46 PM

I can't believe that some people are willing to pay 300$+ to watch an event headlined by a washed up former UFC star, no offense Chuck. I'd rather fly to Vegas or somewhere else to catch a better UFC event and the prices usually aren't this steep either.

Hey, look at the bright side. With Chuck Liddell, the fans are guaranteed at least one KO.
Posted Image
2010 Winter Olympics - Lest We Forget.

#4929 Innovative

Innovative

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,933 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:03 PM

Hey, look at the bright side. With Chuck Liddell, the fans are guaranteed at least one KO.

ZING!

#4930 shogun1

shogun1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:14 AM

Dana has tweeted it but I'm pretty sure Fitch has to pass a medical or something before it can be made official since UFC 111 and UFC 115 are only like 2 months apart. He'll pass though since he took no damage lying on top of Saunders

it's not Fitch who has to pass the medical (I don't believe he was medically suspended after 111). Thiago Alves has to be cleared by the NJAC as he was not cleared to fight on that card due to an irregularity in his brain. He underwent successful brain surgery a week or so ago and has started training again but still needs to be cleared in Jersey to be able to fight anywhere else.

At least that's what I've gathered from the whole situation.

#4931 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:26 AM

What a weak card.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#4932 Captain Bob

Captain Bob

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 32,617 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:58 AM

I asked this question earlier, but didn't get an answer :(

Why is it that with 10 seconds left in a round, the time disappears off the screen?
I understand the whole bell thing to indicate to the fighters that there's 10 seconds left, I just don't understand why when I am watching at home, the clock always disappears at the same time.
Is this to make the last 10 seconds feel longer or something?

#4933 Famous

Famous

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:06 AM

I asked this question earlier, but didn't get an answer :(

Why is it that with 10 seconds left in a round, the time disappears off the screen?
I understand the whole bell thing to indicate to the fighters that there's 10 seconds left, I just don't understand why when I am watching at home, the clock always disappears at the same time.
Is this to make the last 10 seconds feel longer or something?

Sometimes the on screen clock is not in line with the Judges time clock. So they dont want the timer to hit 0 and the horn not go off or the other way around.
Posted Image

#4934 Captain Bob

Captain Bob

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 32,617 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:10 AM

Sometimes the on screen clock is not in line with the Judges time clock. So they dont want the timer to hit 0 and the horn not go off or the other way around.

Oh, gotcha. So on screen isn't "official" and they don't want people getting pissed off saying that round was/wasn't over? That makes sense....

Thanks!

#4935 NEON.KNEE

NEON.KNEE

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:03 AM

I think alot of fight club members got screwed over. There was an option on Ticketmaster that allows you to buy the membership and tickets at the same time.

I feel like some Canuck season ticket holders got screwed too, there are no tickets left today. Should have first crack at my seats regardless of a booster club.

#4936 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,001 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:22 AM

i dont think they release all the tickets yet.. probably release a week before the events.. most of the middle lower level seats still haven't been sold yet.. i know. :lol:

#4937 ChelseaFC

ChelseaFC

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:04 AM

Tickets are gone. Me and my buddies just tried to use our Canucks ticket holder and UFC newsletter passes, searching for just pairs in any price, no luck. If anybody here actually used either one of those passes just now (10AM), please share a post.

#4938 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:09 AM

Tickets are gone. Me and my buddies just tried to use our Canucks ticket holder and UFC newsletter passes, searching for just pairs in any price, no luck. If anybody here actually used either one of those passes just now (10AM), please share a post.

Same here could not find any woke up early for nothing. Does anybody know how many they released the first day?

#4939 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,187 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:09 AM

I tried to get a pair with the canucks season ticket holder password and link and all it gives me is "this password isn't in our system". Way to fail your best customers canucks......

#4940 ChelseaFC

ChelseaFC

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:12 AM

Any silly scalpers and casual/bandwagon UFC fans. If actual and true UFC fans here in Vancouver have got at least half a brain, all they have to do is realize two things. The fight card is crap and for the inflated price being set by scalpers, a fan would have a much better chance to buy a reasonable price fight ticket for UFC 116 (Lesnar vs. Carwin) in Vegas along with flight and hotel that would equal a total amount less or equal to the price that would have been spent on buying a UFC 115 ticket that was marked up by scalpers. I' am going to UFC 114 by the way. My fight ticket for UFC 114 (a STACKED card including Rampage vs. Rashad), UFC VIP Convention Pass, 3 night hotel, and round trip flight only cost me a total of 750 dollars. That is the price scalpers have marked up tickets prices in the upper bowl for UFC 115!

#4941 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,187 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:40 AM

Update: Password and login for canucks ticket holder works. You can now find out for real that it was sold out before you even got a chance to buy! What's the point of having a ticket priority if someone else has an even higher one, and it's sold out before you can log on?

#4942 rk17--

rk17--

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:57 AM

the ufc newsletter password is canada and you can't get two tickets. When i searched one it found some lower bowl for 600 lol .. kinda sucks

GO BRAZIL GO | K A K A | GO BRAZIL GO

Posted Image

[PSN NHL: rk17--]

[PSN COD: canucks_sahota]

#4943 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,105 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:55 AM

I agree with what ChelseaFC said. This is going to be a terrible card, and you are btter off paying for upper bowl seats to 114 or 116 rather than ones being sold for 115. Also, it's an awesome experience in Vegas.

I got lucky and bought six, sold them all already for a profit, and my buddy bought four others for him and his wife and me and my wife. My profit paid for my tix. Dunno if I would've paid anything for this one, but that was my plan the second I heard UFC was coming here.

Kershaw_zps0cb5a848.jpg

#4944 Steve Danger

Steve Danger

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:38 PM

It's a terrible card because there aren't many superstars on it? Take a look at the actual matchups and if you are an actual fan of MMA (read: not simply a UFC fan who only knows the guys that get Spike TV specials) then you will see that there are some pretty good fights on this show. I don't think it will be a blow-away card by any means but it won't be terrible. If Fitch/Alves happens that will make it even better. Chuck is old and washed up, we know that. Franklin is pretty much in the same boat. But here are two legends of the UFC who were tops of their divisions for years finally squaring off. Would this fight have been better 2 or 3 years ago? Hell yes, but it's happening now and let's face it, it's a hell of a lot more interesting than Chuck vs. Tito.
Posted Image

Haha wow, they own the entire aisle?

#4945 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,001 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:54 PM

prices are only gonna go higher when people realize they can't get tickets tomorrow. same thing happened to montreal..

#4946 ahzdeen

ahzdeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:04 PM

I feel like some Canuck season ticket holders got screwed too, there are no tickets left today. Should have first crack at my seats regardless of a booster club.

You're a Canucks season ticket holder, not a GM place seat holder.

#4947 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,187 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

You're a Canucks season ticket holder, not a GM place seat holder.

That's not how they sell it. I understoond during the olympics, but typically every concert and event held in GM place, you get first crack at. Why they even bothered sending out an email with a password that simply showed you were unable to buy tickets (who were these people that could is what I wonder) is beyond me.

Way to fail canucks, way to fail...... :angry:

#4948 Innovative

Innovative

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,933 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:47 PM

The card sucks, you can get more for that price in Vegas or another city and you can make a trip out of it. That being said I might buy tickets last minute or a few days before the event just because i'm a big fan. There is no way all those scalpers and scalper wannabes will get rid of all those tickets for those ridiculous asking prices. They'll end up dropping them as we approach the event and I might buy a pair if I can get a good price then but if I don't, big whoop, i'll just order the card.

Edited by Innovative, 14 April 2010 - 04:48 PM.

#4949 Captain Bob

Captain Bob

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 32,617 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:52 PM

That's not how they sell it. I understoond during the olympics, but typically every concert and event held in GM place, you get first crack at. Why they even bothered sending out an email with a password that simply showed you were unable to buy tickets (who were these people that could is what I wonder) is beyond me.

How do the Canucks fail? IMHO people who are part of the UFC fan club should have priority over Canucks fans.

#4950 MeatTornado

MeatTornado

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:25 PM

What on earth does that have to do with the Canucks? The UFC sold all of the tickets through their fan club presale, Hardly something you can pin on the Canucks...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.