7162 replies to this topic

#31 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:55 AM

I use to think Bisping was an alright guy but the UFC babying him has made him arrogant. After the fight against Hamil the count said that Hamil should stick to wrestling. Disrespect to a guy who just beat the crap out of him in the octagon. Then in the post fight conference, someone from the media asked him if he actually thought he won. Bisping said something along the lines of , "of course i did, do you fight MMA, do you know what you're talking about, shut the F up"

I think the bottom line is that Bisping sells tickets in the UK and thats why they are hyping him up. So they can do another show down there. I think Bisping can beat Evans, and vice versa, but these 2 are not legit contenders. Winner gets Rampage? err.. i don't think so. None of these guys have faced much top talent. Let them fight chuck liddell, the axe murder silva, shogun or forest griffin. Just seems like these 2 hit the warp level in super mario. bypassed everything else to the top. UFC is trying to hard to sell TUF as legit contenders and Bisping as UK's hero.

Yah exactly.. does it even matter who wins this fight? Quote me on it, neither of these guys will ever be the champ in the light heavyweight division. They have nice records and that it's. Bisping versus Jackson? F'in murder.

I do hope Evans wins though because Bisping is a cocky ????, and Hamil beat the tar out of him. I lost a lot of respect for the UFC over that fight, because that was pretty blatantly a fixed fight.

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#32 theboss-

theboss-

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,382 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 04:21 PM

anyone know what channel its going to be on sopcast?
Sig too big.

#33 Pfizer

Pfizer

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,356 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 04:29 PM

Yah exactly.. does it even matter who wins this fight? Quote me on it, neither of these guys will ever be the champ in the light heavyweight division. They have nice records and that it's. Bisping versus Jackson? F'in murder.

I do hope Evans wins though because Bisping is a cocky ????, and Hamil beat the tar out of him. I lost a lot of respect for the UFC over that fight, because that was pretty blatantly a fixed fight.

Dana White said that the winner of this will be a top 5 light heavyweight :wacko:

two bottom 10's fight each other and the winner becomes top 5. But then again can anyone take Dana seriously when he has a vested interested in this fight. Hes forcing TUF grads to be looked upon as champions. He said Fedor is not even a top 5 heavyweight and yet Big Nog is considered the top contender, someone Fedor smoked 3x.

pure nuttyness!
Posted Image

#34 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,197 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 04:55 PM

Dana White said that the winner of this will be a top 5 light heavyweight :wacko:

two bottom 10's fight each other and the winner becomes top 5. But then again can anyone take Dana seriously when he has a vested interested in this fight. Hes forcing TUF grads to be looked upon as champions. He said Fedor is not even a top 5 heavyweight and yet Big Nog is considered the top contender, someone Fedor smoked 3x.

pure nuttyness!

Thankyou for not being a tuffer Pfizer

Posted Image

#35 FinFan

FinFan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 05:09 PM

A tuffer is someone who follows UFC because of the The Ultimate Fighter show Also known as TUF. People who think they know about MMA because they followed this are known as Tuffers. People who think Dana White is cool and believe the words that come out of his mouth normally fall into this category. These people will also not know anything about MMA except for the UFC.

If you are looking for a place to learn about MMA you can try the Sherdog forums. It is very rambunctious, but they do have some posters that are very knowledgeable. Being a Noob can be tough there at the beginning but it can also be a lot of fun. Check it out.

Gotcha, I guess I'm carbon copy "tuffer." I didn't follow the UFC or MMA until TUF Season 1.

I'd definitely watch more MMA if it were more accessible.

Edited by FinFan, 17 November 2007 - 05:09 PM.

#36 Pfizer

Pfizer

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,356 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 05:17 PM

Thankyou for not being a tuffer Pfizer

Oh ive been watching them every now and then since UFC 2. ;)
Posted Image

#37 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,197 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 05:47 PM

Gotcha, I guess I'm carbon copy "tuffer." I didn't follow the UFC or MMA until TUF Season 1.

I'd definitely watch more MMA if it were more accessible.

Have you seen any of Fedors fights? http://www.dailymoti...ilianenko_sport

Watched pride? Here is a good one of Ryo Chonan fighting Anderson Silva. Best Submission I have ever seen.

K-1 Heroes? Check out "The Kid" http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Cung le This guy is freaking scary with his legs.

Here is some K-1 kick boxing aswell Peter Aerts
Jerome Lebanner

Start with this stuff if you have not seen it before and I will update the thread with more stuff if you are interested. :)

Posted Image

#38 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,197 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:13 AM

UFC 78 should have been called " you got ripped off"

Posted Image

#39 super_ninja

super_ninja

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:15 AM

UFC 78 should have been called " you got ripped off"

I didn't get ripped off, I went to the bar and had some beers and a great burger and also got to watch the fights. Win-win-win for me.
That's right, daddy!

You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, Goddamnit! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell, 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!'

#40 Jkhol

Jkhol

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:22 AM

A tuffer is someone who follows UFC because of the The Ultimate Fighter show Also known as TUF. People who think they know about MMA because they followed this are known as Tuffers. People who think Dana White is cool and believe the words that come out of his mouth normally fall into this category. These people will also not know anything about MMA except for the UFC.

If you are looking for a place to learn about MMA you can try the Sherdog forums. It is very rambunctious, but they do have some posters that are very knowledgeable. Being a Noob can be tough there at the beginning but it can also be a lot of fun. Check it out.

Sherdog has about as many "Tuffers" as it does knowledgeable fans.

#41 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,197 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:24 AM

Sherdog has about as many "Tuffers" as it does knowledgeable fans.

No denying that on my part. But at least there are knowledgeable fans.

Posted Image

#42 theboss-

theboss-

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,382 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:30 AM

wasnt as exciting as i thought it would've/should've been... dont know why houston would want to go to the ground with thiago silva... he should've done what he does best, standup and fight... the bisping and evans fight was boring, im glad evans won though
Sig too big.

#43 Pfizer

Pfizer

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,356 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:09 PM

that was a pretty boring UFC. Other than the Thiago fight it sucked the big one.
Posted Image

#44 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,197 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:11 PM

that was a pretty boring UFC. Other than the Thiago fight it sucked the big one.

Bisping was completely exposed for what he was. "Hype" He lost to a guy that didn't even fight.

Posted Image

#45 Pfizer

Pfizer

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,356 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:17 PM

No denying that on my part. But at least there are knowledgeable fans.

I posted on sherdog a couple of times. I was banned for making a thread about a tickling manoeuver i developed. Where a guy can tickle when in the guard and then in the clinch to get a take down.

Seems the mods there lack humour. When i logged in an automatic message said:

BANNED!
Timelimit: Forever

:lol:

Bisping was completely exposed for what he was. "Hype" He lost to a guy that didn't even fight.

yeah it just basically turned into a wrestling match. Bisping gets up, Rashad throws him to the ground, Bisping gets up, Rashad throw him to the ground. Repeat over and over.

I think Main Event matches should be 5 rounds. 3 seem to suck as a main draw.
Posted Image

#46 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,197 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:25 PM

I posted on sherdog a couple of times. I was banned for making a thread about a tickling manoeuver i developed. Where a guy can tickle when in the guard and then in the clinch to get a take down.

Seems the mods there lack humour. When i logged in an automatic message said:

BANNED!
Timelimit: Forever

:lol:
yeah it just basically turned into a wrestling match. Bisping gets up, Rashad throws him to the ground, Bisping gets up, Rashad throw him to the ground. Repeat over and over.

I think Main Event matches should be 5 rounds. 3 seem to suck as a main draw.

That is funny actually. But they don't IP ban you unless you really deserve it so making a new name is pretty simple. It is probably the busiest forum I use regularly, so I understand why they ban so easily there. There is always some excitement going on there. You can go there at anytime day or night and have about 2000 keyboard warriors online. :)

Posted Image

#47 Pfizer

Pfizer

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,356 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:34 PM

That is funny actually. But they don't IP ban you unless you really deserve it so making a new name is pretty simple. It is probably the busiest forum I use regularly, so I understand why they ban so easily there. There is always some excitement going on there. You can go there at anytime day or night and have about 2000 keyboard warriors online. :)

Yeah that place is super busy. I think they need more mods because that place is out of control.

People will make 10 fedor vs couture, Liddell vs Silva, GSP vs Fitch etc threads. Its so redundant.

That forum is almost too busy. You can make a thread, and then hit refresh and its already on the 2nd page, wait 2 minutes, hit refresh and its on the third page and no one got a change to read it.

I probably wont make another account. I just go there to read the latest news.
Posted Image

#48 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,197 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:36 PM

Yeah that place is super busy. I think they need more mods because that place is out of control.

People will make 10 fedor vs couture, Liddell vs Silva, GSP vs Fitch etc threads. Its so redundant.

That forum is almost too busy. You can make a thread, and then hit refresh and its already on the 2nd page, wait 2 minutes, hit refresh and its on the third page and no one got a change to read it.

I probably wont make another account. I just go there to read the latest news.

Yeah it definitely can be crazy. Check out this Profile name. and wonder with me about it http://www.sherdog.n...ber.php?u=90048

Posted Image

#49 Pfizer

Pfizer

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,356 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:38 PM

Yeah it definitely can be crazy. Check out this Profile name. and wonder with me about it http://www.sherdog.n...ber.php?u=90048

hehe. I dont think its the CDC celebrity Surrey Jack.

Its probably one of countless many in surrey. Surrey Jack would never put a number in his name. Its just not his style. :D
Posted Image

#50 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,197 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:39 PM

hehe. I dont think its the CDC celebrity Surrey Jack.

Its probably one of countless many in surrey. Surrey Jack would never put a number in his name. Its just not his style. :D

You're probably right. I did try and PM this person once, But I got no response so I have pondered about it for some time now :)

Posted Image

#51 Pfizer

Pfizer

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,356 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:17 PM

You're probably right. I did try and PM this person once, But I got no response so I have pondered about it for some time now :)

you could just pm nuckspatsfan. He's his friend and neighbour. If you want closure :P
Posted Image

#52 Pfizer

Pfizer

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,356 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:25 AM

Have you seen any of Fedors fights? http://www.dailymoti...ilianenko_sport

Watched pride? Here is a good one of Ryo Chonan fighting Anderson Silva. Best Submission I have ever seen.
K-1 Heroes? Check out "The Kid" http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Cung le This guy is freaking scary with his legs.

Here is some K-1 kick boxing aswell Peter Aerts
Jerome Lebanner

Start with this stuff if you have not seen it before and I will update the thread with more stuff if you are interested. :)

theres another great site

http://www.mmalinker...amp;btnG=Select

on this site you can pick a mixed martial artist and they will give you a list of their videos scattered from the web. Much better than trying to google for awhile.

Ive got it set on GSP. B)
Posted Image

#53 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,197 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:46 AM

theres another great site

http://www.mmalinker...amp;btnG=Select

on this site you can pick a mixed martial artist and they will give you a list of their videos scattered from the web. Much better than trying to google for awhile.

Ive got it set on GSP. B)

Nice. I will have to check that for sure.

Posted Image

#54 Charlie.Sheen

Charlie.Sheen

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 11:39 PM

damn this sucks matt serra will NOT be fighting matt hughes for the title. Serra got a back injury and will be out of action. So georges St. Pierre will fight Matt Hughes in his place with the winner between hughes and st.pierre fighting serra for the title.

bad news because of the hughes serra rivalry but good news since st.pierre is candian and is fun to watch fight.

#55 Makaveli_187

Makaveli_187

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:17 AM

GSP is gon kill Hughes!!! He wants that belt back, Hughes, then Serra!
5. Your signature image(s) will not exceed 400x200 pixels and your avatar will not exceed 80x80 pixels.

#56 Pfizer

Pfizer

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,356 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:15 PM

I hope GSP KO's matt hughes then gets the title back in a fight in Montreal against Serra!

this next UFC will be amazing.

Geoges St Pierre vs Matt Hughes
Liddell vs Wanderlei
Machida vs Soko

B)
Posted Image

#57 Charlie.Sheen

Charlie.Sheen

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:39 AM

CAN U SEE IT NOW

LIDDELL WILL KO SILVA

#58 Charlie.Sheen

Charlie.Sheen

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:44 AM

tonights ufc event was pretty good escpecially the guida vs huerta fight nd congrats to danzig

#59 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:49 AM

Tonite's freeebie on Spike was just awesome. Two amazing fights (Huerta vs Guida and Koppenhaver vs Rollins), not to mention my boy Danzig dominating the farm boy.

I'm psyched for UFC 79. I'm gonna be down in SoCal for it, in Liddell's stomping grounds. And I'm gonna cheer for SILVA!!!

FearandLoathingSig.jpg

#60 Charlie.Sheen

Charlie.Sheen

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:51 AM

Tonite's freeebie on Spike was just awesome. Two amazing fights (Huerta vs Guida and Koppenhaver vs Rollins), not to mention my boy Danzig dominating the farm boy.

I'm psyched for UFC 79. I'm gonna be down in SoCal for it, in Liddell's stomping grounds. And I'm gonna cheer for SILVA!!!

lol

if liddell loses his career is ova

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.