The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Diego's boxing is terrible. He got routinely tagged in the Guida fight, by a guy whose striking is pretty much the worst in the division. You think he could out strike BJ Penn when he couldn't even get out of the way of Clay Guida's telegraphed caveman punches? Diego's not a bad fighter, he, along with everyone else in the LW division, is just not even close to Penn's level.

I'm not a BJ Penn fan by the way, I can't stand the guy.

It looked to me like Sancha's might have been somewhat drained from making 155, not that would have changed the outcome. Also, Sanchez's striking skills are straight garbage, I don't think they've improved one bit since his UFC debut, he should spend more time working on that and less on practicing corny scary faces in the mirror.

The punishment he took was enough to shorten his career at the very least and may in fact have ruined him as a fighter.

I just watched the video of Dana white talking to vampire man (mark lamsberg(sp) oon the side and man he's hilarious when he talks about tiger woods

you gotta watch it

anyone got a photo of the cut on Sanchez?

If you click King of anarchy's links they are in there.

BJ wants another shot at GSP... why doesn't GSP go down a class and take his belt?

Because GSP is a natural light heavy weight who comes down two weight classes to fight at welter weight. While BJ is a natural lightweight who can fight at welter weight. GSP depends on being bigger than most of his opponents.

Don't get me wrong I like GSP. But GSP would get smashed coming down to BJ's weight. he would lose too much strength.

I'm a huge GSP fan, and his biggest weakness is his jaw. Silva is THE BEST striker in the UFC and one of the best on the planet. He would absolutely destroy GSP. If you think GSP could take Silva, you don't watch enough MMA.

edit: misquote

Edited by FinFan