The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Diego's boxing is terrible. He got routinely tagged in the Guida fight, by a guy whose striking is pretty much the worst in the division. You think he could out strike BJ Penn when he couldn't even get out of the way of Clay Guida's telegraphed caveman punches? Diego's not a bad fighter, he, along with everyone else in the LW division, is just not even close to Penn's level.

I'm not a BJ Penn fan by the way, I can't stand the guy.

I'm not a Penn fan either, but Diego got dominated. I love Diego and I sincerely thought that he'd give Penn a run. It was ridiculous how bad he got beat. That was the worst cut I've seen in my 7 years of watching MMA.

I'm not a Penn fan either, but Diego got dominated. I love Diego and I sincerely thought that he'd give Penn a run. It was ridiculous how bad he got beat. That was the worst cut I've seen in my 7 years of watching MMA.

I missed it (hockey game took priority, no PVR)... was it as big as the Grand Canyon of Gashes on Marvin Eastman?

GSP does not walk around at 205.

GSP is known to walk around between 190 to 200lbs which would make him a light heavy weight. His fight weight normally comes in over 185 which means he actually fights as a Light heavy weight in the welterweight division. At weigh in time he comes in right on 170 and then spends the next 24 hours putting the water back on. So yeah he is actually a light heavy weight.

Wow! Thanks very much for posting that. I still say Eastman's was worse - just for the sheer thickness of the gash.

marvin_eastman_cut-300x225.jpg

Youtubed this: (Warning, extremely bloody and graphic)

Worst Cuts in MMA

I knew this picture would come up if someone mentioned the cut. That one was discusting. You could actually see his skull when it happened.

That was definately a brutal beatdown. Sanchez took it like a man, though. Technically, he wasn't even finished. Of course, he would have bled to death or had a stroke or something had he been allowed to continue. Tough, tough guy. Just out of his league, that's all. I really hope I don't have to sit through another Penn/GSP battle, though. GSP's just too big and strong for BJ.

UFC 111 is the rumoured GSP/Hardy matchup.

That would be a stellar couple of main events.

Well, just because we haven't seen GSP in a while. Carwin/Mir is a terrific matchup. I don't think Mir would do as much talking as he did before his last one. Winner takes on Minotauro/Velasquez for the interim HW title.

I guess of the 5, Dos Santos had to be the one shut out. Shame, after that dominating performance against Cro Cop.

GSP walks around at 185. He is not a natural light heavyweight.

Get your facts straight bud.

Source: GSP's mouth.

It's common knowledge that he walks around heavier than that. . He came in over 187lbs to his last match with Penn which made him a light heavyweight, and he weighs more than his fighting weight when he's training and between fights.

The Facts of his weight are known and have been for years. Like was said. He is known to walk around at 195 and up to 200.

Bonds didn't do steroids. Source His mouth

Rafael Palmero didn't do steroids. Source his mouth

Tiger Woods is a family man. Source His mouth

GSP and his corner don't grease. Source his mouth.

Edited by Harbinger

You're acting as if GSP is the only fighter who walks and fights heavier than his listed weight.

I'm not saying that at all. Lots of fighters do it. More do it than don't do it. In regards to why it was mentioned though was that you asked why GSP doesn't go down to lightweight to fight BJ. For him to make the light weight weigh in he would have to lose so much weight in his training he would likely end up being 170 before the cut. While BJ didn't even manage to get to 170 when they fought at welterweight and is much more natural at 155