7162 replies to this topic

#6661 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

It's like Xmas for me today!!!! Can't wait til tonight!!

FearandLoathingSig.jpg

#6662 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

I would much rather see gsp/Diaz instead of gsp/Hendricks.

Nothing against Hendricks, he's earned his shot for sure, but I just see the Diaz matchup being more competitive and entertaining... That's assuming Diaz actually shows up.

#6663 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

It's like Xmas for me today!!!! Can't wait til tonight!!

What is going on tonight? I apologize, I'm not very up to date on MMA news lol
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#6664 Canucks_4_Cup

Canucks_4_Cup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Gonna be a good night of fights, UFC then Pacquiao vs. Marquez IV

#6665 iLLmAtlc

iLLmAtlc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

GSP vs Nick Diaz is a fun matchup in terms of the build-up/characters involved but Hendricks is in my view is the more entertaining stylistic matchup and clearly the deserving #1 contender. For the longest time the biggest question about GSP is how would he deal with somebody who stands a chance to stuff his takedowns and to threaten him with striking, and that sounds like Johny Hendricks.

Honestly the UFC making this fight just goes to show how much closer it is to WWE than it is to an actual sport. Wouldn't the NHL love to have Pittsburgh vs Detroit finals every year, but they can't because the teams have to earn their spot in the championship.

Sounds like I'm complaining and I suppose I am but I'd still welcome the GSP/Nick Diaz fight for entertainment value.
Posted Image

#6666 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

Trujillo destroyed that guy holy lol

1zf4oy1.jpg

#6667 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,888 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Gonna be a good night of fights, UFC then Pacquiao vs. Marquez IV

Pacquiao vs Marquez - a.k.a another match fixing.

#6668 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,994 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Trujillo destroyed that guy holy lol

Really looked forward to seeing him fight today and he certainly impressed. Dude's got potential.

miladuckrounded.png

#6669 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,946 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Some great fights so far tonight wow.

Knockouts after knockouts
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#6670 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,946 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

GSP vs Nick Diaz is a fun matchup in terms of the build-up/characters involved but Hendricks is in my view is the more entertaining stylistic matchup and clearly the deserving #1 contender. For the longest time the biggest question about GSP is how would he deal with somebody who stands a chance to stuff his takedowns and to threaten him with striking, and that sounds like Johny Hendricks.

Honestly the UFC making this fight just goes to show how much closer it is to WWE than it is to an actual sport. Wouldn't the NHL love to have Pittsburgh vs Detroit finals every year, but they can't because the teams have to earn their spot in the championship.

Sounds like I'm complaining and I suppose I am but I'd still welcome the GSP/Nick Diaz fight for entertainment value.

The first part is exactly what they said about Koscheck, and we all know what happened there.

#6671 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,888 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Rory Mac is smashing BJ right now.

#6672 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,888 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Loved that fight. Rory Mac walked right through BJ penn.
He disrespected him the entire time, it was beautiful.

#6673 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,946 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Man .. GSP V2.0 for real.

Wish he was more humble though LOL. I think Rory didn't want to knockout BJ Penn so he held back.

#6674 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,888 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

He wants to fight Condit in Vancouver. I love this guy!!

Our GSP.

#6675 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

I hope Hendo embarrasses Diaz. Can't stand either of them.

Posted Image

#6676 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,834 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Diaz better lose. Arrogant pot head. And if he does manage to win, give him a sandwich. The dude looks malnourished.
Posted Image

#6677 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,946 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Hendo taking it to Diaz.

LOL at Diaz flipping the bird while he just sat there.

#6678 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Hendo taking it to Diaz.

LOL at Diaz flipping the bird while he just sat there.

120-17 in significant strikes. That's just crazy.

Posted Image

#6679 Ajax19

Ajax19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,969 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Honestly, I lost some respect for Rory today. Enough with the taunting BS, that's a a veteran in front of you, either keep on fighting or finish the fight.

GSP has never, and would never pull crap like that.

You kidding? I am Queens Boulevard.

#6680 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

50-43 Henderson!

I expect GSP/Nick to look similar if not more lopsided. Nick's wrestling is every bit as weak as Nate's. GSP will mop the floor with Nick Diaz. My heart swelled with British Columbian pride when I saw that fine broth of a lad Rory MacDonald's hand raised. I'm not ashamed to admit that I shed a single manly tear just then.

Had to reach for a serviette to dab my cheek.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#6681 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,994 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

Anyone else think it's a really bad idea giving Ronda Rousey the headliner on a PPV right off the bat? Seems really hard to market a fight like that when no one outside of diehards know who either fighter is (especially Liz Carmouche). Makes a lot more sense for them to headline a free card or be the co-main event behind another title fight on a PPV card IMO.

I expect GSP/Nick to look similar if not more lopsided. Nick's wrestling is every bit as weak as Nate's. GSP will mop the floor with Nick Diaz. My heart swelled with British Columbian pride when I saw that fine broth of a lad Rory MacDonald's hand raised. I'm not ashamed to admit that I shed a single manly tear just then.

Had to reach for a serviette to dab my cheek.

Strongly agree with everything here.

GSP/Diaz is going to be the exact same fight but likely even more dominant. It's a match-up that simply doesn't interest me one bit, but I'll watch a GSP fight no matter what.

Rory's going to be a hell of a fighter but I really hope he decides to stray away from the villain role. Watching him pick BJ Penn apart was beyond enjoyable, but I could have done without the taunting personally.

All in all, an amazing free card and probably the best yet.

Edited by Intoewsables, 08 December 2012 - 09:30 PM.

miladuckrounded.png

#6682 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Rory is a stud
Posted Image

#6683 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,888 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

Honestly, I lost some respect for Rory today. Enough with the taunting BS, that's a a veteran in front of you, either keep on fighting or finish the fight.

But he's not GSP, he's a different person. So don't expect every Canadian fighter to be a choir boy like George. Two days ago Rory said he doesn't fight for people opinions. So respect him or not, he's still going to be the same vicious fighter and be himself.
There once was a man named Anderson Silva who taunted his opponent for 5 straight rounds. There is a man named Nick Diaz who trash talks his opponents during rounds. The greatest of them all Muhammed Ali taunted the hell out of everyone.

It's fighting, respect each other after the fight is over, not when you're both trying to kill each other.

#6684 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,778 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

He wants to fight Condit in Vancouver. I love this guy!!

Our GSP.

I think he meant he wants to fight Condit in Montreal. The UFC won't be coming back to Vancouver until 2014 the earliest I believe, if even then.

I love watching those pricks the Diaz brothers get their a*ses beat down. Loved the huge black eye the arrogant prick was wearing by the end of the fight. Can't wait to see GSP do the same thing to his brother.

On another note, a few of my buddies went down for the event and they all got pictures with Jon Jones and got him to sign t shirts and stuff. Apparently Jones didn't even try to hide the fact he was there and was taking pictures with basically the whole arena.

Swap Byron Leftwich and Tom Brady's situations. Today Brady would be a UFA or on the Roughriders practice roster, Byron Leftwich would have 100 more wins than losses.

:picard:

"Spirituality, faith and democracy are the corner stones of our country. We are all Patriots. And tonight, the Patriots are World Champions." -Robert Kraft

#6685 Ajax19

Ajax19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,969 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

But he's not GSP, he's a different person. So don't expect every Canadian fighter to be a choir boy like George. Two days ago Rory said he doesn't fight for people opinions. So respect him or not, he's still going to be the same vicious fighter and be himself.
There once was a man named Anderson Silva who taunted his opponent for 5 straight rounds. There is a man named Nick Diaz who trash talks his opponents during rounds. The greatest of them all Muhammed Ali taunted the hell out of everyone.

It's fighting, respect each other after the fight is over, not when you're both trying to kill each other.

Point taken, yet it was just awkward to watch. All of the fighters you brought up have that sort of swagger to go along with it.
He's one helluva fighter but it just doesn't seem to fit in with his character and style. His taunting was as awkward as his interviews and trash talk.

You kidding? I am Queens Boulevard.

#6686 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

Eff that.

BJ has been trash talking EVERYBODY for years and years and actually called Rory out for this fight. I loved every bit of it. And man is Rory ever a creepy looking dude. The way he called out Condit, sorta reminded me of a Dexter Morgan-type of guy, like just so odd and serious. He'll destroy Condit if they rematch me thinks.

Well, I got two outta three right. I didn't expect Bendo to look so damn good tonight. Was awesome to see Gustafsson dominate Shogun like that. I've been a fan of this guy for a lonnnng time. He deserves the shot against Bones, as if that means something lol.

Anyways, one of the best cards I've ever seen tonight. From the prelims to the main, just solid start to finish.

And like someone said earlier, watch out for Killa Trujillo. Amazing fighter this guy is.

Edited by Raoul Duke, 09 December 2012 - 02:40 AM.

FearandLoathingSig.jpg

#6687 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,778 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Eff that.

BJ has been trash talking EVERYBODY for years and years and actually called Rory out for this fight. I loved every bit of it. And man is Rory ever a creepy looking dude. The way he called out Condit, sorta reminded me of a Dexter Morgan-type of guy, like just so odd and serious. He'll destroy Condit if they rematch me thinks.

Well, I got two outta three right. I didn't expect Bendo to look so damn good tonight. Was awesome to see Gustafsson dominate Shogun like that. I've been a fan of this guy for a lonnnng time. He deserves the shot against Bones, as if that means something lol.

Anyways, one of the best cards I've ever seen tonight. From the prelims to the main, just solid start to finish.

And like someone said earlier, watch out for Killa Trujillo. Amazing fighter this guy is.

He looked so much different in the summer, Me and a couple others were running sprints with him at Holy Cross and he was buzzed cut and bigger.

Swap Byron Leftwich and Tom Brady's situations. Today Brady would be a UFA or on the Roughriders practice roster, Byron Leftwich would have 100 more wins than losses.

:picard:

"Spirituality, faith and democracy are the corner stones of our country. We are all Patriots. And tonight, the Patriots are World Champions." -Robert Kraft

#6688 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

After the Rory BJ fight I am not a fan of Rory. he's so good but I'm sorry u don't showboat like that against a guy who is a legend fighting in potentially his last fight. especially a guy you say you looked up. Couldn't stop laughing during the Henderson Diaz figh. Diaz was just getting his ass handed to him and wouldn't stop chirping and when he fingered him when they were in that weird splits position.

#6689 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Rory gets his wish. The rematch with Condit is set for UFC 158 in March in Montreal. Still not huge on the location though. Why should Condit have to go fight in Montreal AGAIN?? Shoulda done Vegas.

After the Rory BJ fight I am not a fan of Rory. he's so good but I'm sorry u don't showboat like that against a guy who is a legend fighting in potentially his last fight. especially a guy you say you looked up.

BJ's been running his mouth for years, licking the blood off of opponents, cried, pointed fingers, etc for years but Rory dances his feet a lil bit during the fight it's "disrepectful" to a legend? He's lucky Rory didn't kill him!

FearandLoathingSig.jpg

#6690 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

Rory gets his wish. The rematch with Condit is set for UFC 158 in March in Montreal. Still not huge on the location though. Why should Condit have to go fight in Montreal AGAIN?? Shoulda done Vegas.

BJ's been running his mouth for years, licking the blood off of opponents, cried, pointed fingers, etc for years but Rory dances his feet a lil bit during the fight it's "disrepectful" to a legend? He's lucky Rory didn't kill him!

I know right, screw Penn im glad Rory gave him a thrashing

Edited by ReaperCrew, 12 December 2012 - 09:10 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.