The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

The problem isn't they have to many cards, the problem is they'll stack up some cards to the points where there's two title bouts and than have cards like ufc 109 which should have been free. Of course injuries have something to do with this.

And yah UFC 115 will be crap, so far the cards looks like this:

I don't even care about the fact that there won't be any title fights at UFC 115. But that is a horrible card. I won't even pay to watch it on TV, let alone see it live.

tsn

Japanese star Yoshihiro Akiyama was originally slated to take on Wanderlei Silva at this week's UFC 110 in Australia, but the UFC decided to replace him in the co-main event with Michael Bisping.

Now it appears Akiyama may get his chance to fight the winner of the Silva/Bisping bout at UFC 115 in Vancouver this June, according to a report from MMAjunkie.com.

Akiyama, 34, holds a mixed martial arts record of 13-1. He has only fought once in the UFC, a split decision win over Alan Belcher at UFC 100.

While Akiyama has not technically lost a fight since 2005, he was knocked out by Kazuo Misaki in December 2007, only to have the result turned "no contest" when the kick was ruled illegal.

I would be super pumped for a Dream vs. Pride matchup. That would make for a very solid co-main event, in fact I'd be more excited for that than for Chuck/Tito 3.

tsn

I would be super pumped for a Dream vs. Pride matchup. That would make for a very solid co-main event, in fact I'd be more excited for that than for Chuck/Tito 3.

Same here. I think Akiyama would get destroyed by Silva though. I'd rather they give Akiyama some easier fights and build him up a bit before throwing him to the wolves.

That Belcher fight was rough, Belcher looked like he had 50lbs on Akiyama.

ufc tomorrow right?

yup, hopefully Bisping gets his head knocked off. His trainer been pissing me off. He's like Wanderlei throws wild, crazy hooks that for somebody with Bisping's striking are easy to avoid.

ummm anybody remember somebody call Dan Henderson

EDIT: check out the Pre fight conference clip of silva and bisping, good stuff

Edited by MauricioShogunRua

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...