The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Glad I didn't pay for this one. Should probably warn people who haven't watched yet and are planning on ordering it later.

I bet a lot of ppl that were planning on ordering it later will probably hear the news of what a crapfest event this was.

The fact that its not live and the that the main event was horrible will definitely reflect in the amount of ppv sales.

Dana is going to be pissed.

Pretty sure UFC will post them tonight after the PPV is over, but if anyone can find them before I'd love to see them. I'm just itching to hear White's reaction.

Yah man and people were upset at GSP's performance. It's obvious the only way Silva will finish a fight is if somebody close their eyes and runs at him arms swinging

Best P4P my @$$

Imagine if I had missed a Canucks game for that :whew:

If I had gone to the pub to watch the PPV like I had originally planned I would have been right pissed. I feel bad for all the poeple that are looking forward to seeing this tonight, they are in for a huge, HUGE letdown.

If Anderson Silva wants to keep a lot of his fans and supporters, his next fight better be legendary.

Well he keeps promising it fight after fight, but it never seems to happen.

Edited by IamCANADIAN013

Yahoo! Sports Kevin Iole reported that White took Silva's belt, threw it down after the fourth round and walked to the back. When White came into the postfight press conference, he exploded without much prodding.

"Believe me, I'll answer the questions of what a disgrace the main event was," said White. "To end it the way that we did was an embarrasment for me, the UFC, the Fertittas and the UAE."

White was even more incensed than he was after Silva's wacky performances at UFC 90 and UFC 97, saying this one took the cake.

"If you're that talented, be Mike Tyson. go in there and finish," said White. "I'm so blown away and disgusted and saddened."

White also said Silva may be the first UFC champ to fight on the non-televised prelims in the future. While waiting for Silva to show up, he also said he hoped he didn't show up.

"I dont know how yet, but I will make this up to the fans," said White.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/White-embarrassed-leaves-Silva-fight-after-four?urn=mma,233388

I can't say I'm surprised that he's furious.

http://sports.yahoo....er-four?urn=mma,233388

I can't say I'm surprised that he's furious.

I can't wait to see the press conference later. You just know that White will make him pay for ahat he pulled tonight. After all it isn't the first time Silva has done something similar. If White wants to make it up to the fans maybe he could have Silva's hands tied behind his back and let someone knock him out. Right now that's what I would like to see. I'm so sick of watching Silva fight. Something has to give, maybe strip him of the belt and make him fight for it.

Damn I really want to see the post fight conference. It sounds like he went off. Threw silva's belt on the ground and left after the 4th round and said he'll probably make silva fight on undercards. LOL

Edited by Harbinger