The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

I can't believe that some people are willing to pay 300$+ to watch an event headlined by a washed up former UFC star, no offense Chuck. I'd rather fly to Vegas or somewhere else to catch a better UFC event and the prices usually aren't this steep either.

That being said i'm a big MMA fan and I might try to snag a pair of tickets last minute, believe me, lots of scalpers/hoarders will be selling below face as we approach the event.

I can't believe that some people are willing to pay 300$+ to watch an event headlined by a washed up former UFC star, no offense Chuck. I'd rather fly to Vegas or somewhere else to catch a better UFC event and the prices usually aren't this steep either.

Hey, look at the bright side. With Chuck Liddell, the fans are guaranteed at least one KO.

Dana has tweeted it but I'm pretty sure Fitch has to pass a medical or something before it can be made official since UFC 111 and UFC 115 are only like 2 months apart. He'll pass though since he took no damage lying on top of Saunders

it's not Fitch who has to pass the medical (I don't believe he was medically suspended after 111). Thiago Alves has to be cleared by the NJAC as he was not cleared to fight on that card due to an irregularity in his brain. He underwent successful brain surgery a week or so ago and has started training again but still needs to be cleared in Jersey to be able to fight anywhere else.

At least that's what I've gathered from the whole situation.

I asked this question earlier, but didn't get an answer :(

Why is it that with 10 seconds left in a round, the time disappears off the screen?

I understand the whole bell thing to indicate to the fighters that there's 10 seconds left, I just don't understand why when I am watching at home, the clock always disappears at the same time.

Is this to make the last 10 seconds feel longer or something?

I asked this question earlier, but didn't get an answer :(

Why is it that with 10 seconds left in a round, the time disappears off the screen?

I understand the whole bell thing to indicate to the fighters that there's 10 seconds left, I just don't understand why when I am watching at home, the clock always disappears at the same time.

Is this to make the last 10 seconds feel longer or something?

Sometimes the on screen clock is not in line with the Judges time clock. So they dont want the timer to hit 0 and the horn not go off or the other way around.

Sometimes the on screen clock is not in line with the Judges time clock. So they dont want the timer to hit 0 and the horn not go off or the other way around.

Oh, gotcha. So on screen isn't "official" and they don't want people getting pissed off saying that round was/wasn't over? That makes sense....

Thanks!

I think alot of fight club members got screwed over. There was an option on Ticketmaster that allows you to buy the membership and tickets at the same time.

I feel like some Canuck season ticket holders got screwed too, there are no tickets left today. Should have first crack at my seats regardless of a booster club.

Tickets are gone. Me and my buddies just tried to use our Canucks ticket holder and UFC newsletter passes, searching for just pairs in any price, no luck. If anybody here actually used either one of those passes just now (10AM), please share a post.

Tickets are gone. Me and my buddies just tried to use our Canucks ticket holder and UFC newsletter passes, searching for just pairs in any price, no luck. If anybody here actually used either one of those passes just now (10AM), please share a post.

Same here could not find any woke up early for nothing. Does anybody know how many they released the first day?

I tried to get a pair with the canucks season ticket holder password and link and all it gives me is "this password isn't in our system". Way to fail your best customers canucks......

Any silly scalpers and casual/bandwagon UFC fans. If actual and true UFC fans here in Vancouver have got at least half a brain, all they have to do is realize two things. The fight card is crap and for the inflated price being set by scalpers, a fan would have a much better chance to buy a reasonable price fight ticket for UFC 116 (Lesnar vs. Carwin) in Vegas along with flight and hotel that would equal a total amount less or equal to the price that would have been spent on buying a UFC 115 ticket that was marked up by scalpers. I' am going to UFC 114 by the way. My fight ticket for UFC 114 (a STACKED card including Rampage vs. Rashad), UFC VIP Convention Pass, 3 night hotel, and round trip flight only cost me a total of 750 dollars. That is the price scalpers have marked up tickets prices in the upper bowl for UFC 115!