The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Sorry that I sound like a MMA noob here, but why is Dan Henderson fighting for Strikeforce :huh:

Is he too much of a legend for Dana White to say otherwise :blink:

Lol if thats so then it reminds me of Dana saying whoever signs to EAs MMA video game is no longer in the UFC...yet Couture is signed to EA MMA and hes still in the UFC.

Sorry that I sound like a MMA noob here, but why is Dan Henderson fighting for Strikeforce :huh:

Lol if thats so then it reminds me of Dana saying whoever signs to EAs MMA video game is no longer in the UFC...yet Couture is signed to EA MMA and hes still in the UFC.

Henderson and White got into a spat. Henderson pretty much said I haven't needed you before. I don't need you now.

Henderson's contract was up with the ufc. They tried to sign another deal but Dana White said Henderson was asking for too much money. So he signed with strikeforce instead.

Dayum.

I just tried to watch TUF. I record the midnight SN episode so I can watch it in HD. Anyways, it didn't record because the dodgers game went until 12:15 am :(

Same here. Sportsnet is ???? dumb for letting bull$hit baseball delay all their programming. Do they really think people were watching that 5-hour long snoozefest? There were literally like 300 people in the stands, everyone left.

Pretty stoked for Strikeforce tomorrow.

It's always fun watching Hendo fight, and he should tool Shields. Melendez is always enteratining too.

But..... the main reason for wacthing Strikeforce other than the anual Fedor fight is GAY-HARD!! Mousasi is a beast and should emolish King Mo. And he should aslo be in the UFC. With Fedor. We can dream.

THQ had this whole contract thingy, and so because Dan Henderson's contract was up, he didn't sign the thing (or something) and went to strikeforce. Couture never signed that deal thing with THQ so he is in the EA game as well.

After the Jake Shields-Dan Henderson fight at Strikeforce:Nashville, announcer Gus Johnson was with Shields. Shields said Hendo is a legend, and as he was talking, Jason 'Mayhem' Miller did a run in and wanted a rematch. Lots of shoving then began and we saw a crazy brawl with legit punches and kicks between Melendez, both Diaz brothers, and others. They all beat the crap out of Jason Miller. This was ???? INSANE. Gus Johnson screamed out that at them they they were on national TV. They then shot to commercial. That was freakin' crazy. CBS has got to be PISSED.

I can't wait to see this.

Shields is brutal he was ontop of hendo for 4 rounds couldn't finish him or even do any damage at all. Lol at mayhem haha he's right though mayhem deserves a rematch all shields did was sit on him didn't even have a scratch on his face at the end of the fight much like hendo

My god. Just finished watching that sad excuse of a show. A few points....

- Wtf was up with Mousasi?? That was pathetic. Absolutely pathteic. Watch the fight and you'll know.

- Worst commentating team in the history of sports.

- The Diaz brothers are super tough and super cool. Especially Nate with the kicking of Miller while he was down.

What a disgrace this show was.

• Upvote 1

That show was embarrassing to watch. Sh!tty fights and that brawl after Shield's won was ridiculous, way to make MMA look bad on multi-National TV.

Aoki was pathetic. I really love the guy, but he was terrible. I don't think he scored a single point.

I can't stand Jake Shield's either. Dominant jujitsu, but what a boring fighter, he certainly didn't "beat-up" Henderson.

- Wtf was up with Mousasi?? That was pathetic. Absolutely pathteic. Watch the fight and you'll know.

- The Diaz brothers are super tough and super cool. Especially Nate with the kicking of Miller while he was down.

100% agree that was embarrassing

Fights were lackluster, Wont be surprised if CBS plugs the plug on Strikeforce after that ending

GSP vs. Shields?? at 170 wouldn't be a bad match-up, although it would probably be a wrestling match

Edited by sandhu11

It has not been a good week for Mixed Martial Arts. (bad fights, disgraceful antics, etc)

Worst fights ever. Those fights only further the argument for getting rid of the gimmicky cage or in the very least creating a fighting circle within the cage and a 20 second out of circle limit. If you go out of the circle you have 20 seconds to try and finish your opponent or you are moved to the center of the cage and restarted in the same position. Watching guys get pushed into the fence and held there for 20 minutes isn't fighting. It's doing everything you can to not engage in fighting and rather just trying to waste time.

Also they need to bring the yellow card system to north american MMA. If you try and waste time then 10% off of your purse to a maximum of 50%

Edited by Harbinger
  • Upvote 1