The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

The card had potential but failed badly. 3 Title fights that all go to decision and weren't too exciting. Plus the brawl at the end that just made strikeforce look like the wwe. I wouldn't be suprised if cbs canceled their contract with strikeforce after this.

"Garbage" that CBS continued to broadcast for 45 seconds instead of cutting immediately to commercial.

For the most part I enjoyed the show. It's unfortunate that GAYHARD has no takedown defense but Mo showed why he was put in a title shot so early in his career. Melendez put on a clinic against Aoki and worked the perfect blueprint in how to defeat him. Melendez definitely proves he's top 3 in the world as far as lightweights go. The main event wasn't great but Jake Shields proved that he's no joke. He landed more strikes standing, shutting up critics of his striking game and dominated Hendo in every other facet. He took Henderson down at will, and this is against an Olympic-calibre wrester. Shields needs to be in the UFC to really test his skills against the likes of Marquardt, Wanderlei and of course, Anderson.

People complaining that fighting on the ground against the cage isn't real fighting are noobs who don't understand or appreciate MIXED martial arts. If you want to watch boxing or kick boxing then watch boxing or kick boxing. As a fighter, if you find yourself on the ground against the cage, do something to remedy the situation. I don't know if you've noticed, but the fighter on top in that situation has to constantly be working or else the fight gets stood up.

"Garbage" that CBS continued to broadcast for 45 seconds instead of cutting immediately to commercial.

For the most part I enjoyed the show. It's unfortunate that GAYHARD has no takedown defense but Mo showed why he was put in a title shot so early in his career. Melendez put on a clinic against Aoki and worked the perfect blueprint in how to defeat him. Melendez definitely proves he's top 3 in the world as far as lightweights go. The main event wasn't great but Jake Shields proved that he's no joke. He landed more strikes standing, shutting up critics of his striking game and dominated Hendo in every other facet. He took Henderson down at will, and this is against an Olympic-calibre wrester. Shields needs to be in the UFC to really test his skills against the likes of Marquardt, Wanderlei and of course, Anderson.

People complaining that fighting on the ground against the cage isn't real fighting are noobs who don't understand or appreciate MIXED martial arts. If you want to watch boxing or kick boxing then watch boxing or kick boxing. As a fighter, if you find yourself on the ground against the cage, do something to remedy the situation. I don't know if you've noticed, but the fighter on top in that situation has to constantly be working or else the fight gets stood up.

LMAO. Yeah I don't understand or appreciate pushing a guy into the corner and hold him there so they don't have to actually fight their opponent. I have no problem with ground fighting. I actually quite enjoy it. That's why the fighting needs to be brought back to the middle of the cage/ring. These are supposed to be fights, not man sex.

Edited by Harbinger

Strikeforce should have told Shields and his camp that Miller would be coming into the ring to ask for a rematch. It wasn't spontaneous, they let Miller in there. That would've prevented the whole altercation.

Strikeforce should have told Shields and his camp that Miller would be coming into the ring to ask for a rematch. It wasn't spontaneous, they let Miller in there. That would've prevented the whole altercation.

These things have happened before and they will happen again and again.

These things have happened before and they will happen again and again.

What are you talking about? Brawls like that almost never happen in big time MMA companies. Yah maybe underground companies but saying things like will happen again and again is just stupid. It was just a rare in the heat type of moment that a inexperienced company didn't control properly.

Don't just say things for the sake of saying something

What are you talking about? Brawls like that almost never happen in big time MMA companies. Yah maybe underground companies but saying things like will happen again and again is just stupid. It was just a rare in the heat type of moment that a inexperienced company didn't control properly.

Don't just say things for the sake of saying something

For a shogun fan you seem to have forgotten when Wanderleii attacked Mark coleman after Shogun got his arm broken.

For a shogun fan you seem to have forgotten when Wanderleii attacked Mark coleman after Shogun got his arm broken.

You posted: things like this always and will happen again and again.

But in reality in MMA there are rarely any brawls and Wanderlei attack on Coleman was not like Nate and Nick Diaz along with their whole camp jumping on Mayhem. Im just saying you make sound like brawls like that are a regular occurence in MMA.

On a side note Silva attacking Coleman was different. For one Coleman broke Rua arm and kept on punching him and when the ref finally pulled him away he threw the ref away and tried to go at shogun again. Silva came in and began yelling and Coleman which proceeded in a bunch people holding on to each other and like one punch being thrown.

You posted: things like this always and will happen again and again.

But in reality in MMA there are rarely any brawls and Wanderlei attack on Coleman was not like Nate and Nick Diaz along with their whole camp jumping on Mayhem. Im just saying you make sound like brawls like that are a regular occurence in MMA.

On a side note Silva attacking Coleman was different. For one Coleman broke Rua arm and kept on punching him and when the ref finally pulled him away he threw the ref away and tried to go at shogun again. Silva came in and began yelling and Coleman which proceeded in a bunch people holding on to each other and like one punch being thrown.

Go back and read what I actually posted. Back to reality now. These things will happen as long as there are entourages around ring. They will happen when guys walk in the ring to challenge others. They will happen at weigh ins as well. None of this is new to the sport or any kind of fight sport. Don't try and make them sound like gentlemen. They aren't. That's only what they want you to think.

As Harbinger said these things happen .... but they shouldn't. That was an embarressment last night, worse than what Anderson Silva did the previous week by far. If I was Scott Coker I would (and I am sure he is) be pissed.

While I am sure at least someone in the Strikeforce camp (although they deny it) let Mayhem in there what the Diaz brothers did was rediculous Melendez was no angel either but it was the two Idiot brothers that seemed to be the worst.

I have been hoping for Nick's return to the UFC for awhile but now if I were Dana not only would I not sign Nick but I would seriously consider letting go of Nate as well, for it is only a matter of time until those goofs pull something like that in the UFC.

As for Shields in the UFC, I could care less, not exactly a barn burner there. It doesn't always have to be knockouts and quick submissions, but it would be nice to see a fight that the dude who won laid on the other guy for 20 minutes and hit him about as hard as my 7 month old daughter would hit.

As Harbinger said these things happen .... but they shouldn't. That was an embarressment last night, worse than what Anderson Silva did the previous week by far. If I was Scott Coker I would (and I am sure he is) be pissed.

While I am sure at least someone in the Strikeforce camp (although they deny it) let Mayhem in there what the Diaz brothers did was rediculous Melendez was no angel either but it was the two Idiot brothers that seemed to be the worst.

I have been hoping for Nick's return to the UFC for awhile but now if I were Dana not only would I not sign Nick but I would seriously consider letting go of Nate as well, for it is only a matter of time until those goofs pull something like that in the UFC.

As for Shields in the UFC, I could care less, not exactly a barn burner there. It doesn't always have to be knockouts and quick submissions, but it would be nice to see a fight that the dude who won laid on the other guy for 20 minutes and hit him about as hard as my 7 month old daughter would hit.

Lay and pray will ruin your day.