The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

10 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I'll never root for Jon Jones, but I really don't think there is anyone that can beat him... at least not while he is in his prime. 

Look at the Nunes Cyborg fight. In fighting anyone can get caught by a good punch

15 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Look at the Nunes Cyborg fight. In fighting anyone can get caught by a good punch

That was also a combination of horrible defense and not respecting Nunes power. Jones had a 5.5inch reach advantage on Gus and made use of it this time. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

This was not Nunes catching Cyborg with a lucky punch. This was Nunes destroying Cyborg because Cyborg thought she would walk through everything. Cyborg hasn't had tough enough competition to know what she needs to do to win (and not lose). Jones has fought some of the best. He's not going to get emotional and make stupid decisions. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Down by the River said:

This was not Nunes catching Cyborg with a lucky punch. This was Nunes destroying Cyborg because Cyborg thought she would walk through everything. Cyborg hasn't had tough enough competition to know what she needs to do to win (and not lose). Jones has fought some of the best. He's not going to get emotional and make stupid decisions. 

So kind of like the Holm vs Rousey fight? She thought she was invisible and boom lost your belt girl

19 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I'll never root for Jon Jones, but I really don't think there is anyone that can beat him... at least not while he is in his prime. 

Dominick Reyes. Just needs 2-3 more fights against top 5 guys to further develop. Absolutely demolished OSP who was his toughest competition to date. 

10-0 6'4 and only 29 year. 

9 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Cyborg lost her mind after getting caught and let her ego get the best of her. Rather than backing off a regrouping from that sequence she decided to drop her head and just start swinging. Could've just as easily caught Nunes with the same punches she was dropped with. Control of emotions lost her that fight. She hasn't faced this kind of adversity since her very first fight (and loss). 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Down by the River said:

This. 100%. First adversity for her since her first fight and loss (as I stated in my other post). Couldn't stay composed. 

Edited by RRypien37

10 hours ago, HI5 said:

Floyd Mayweather vs Tenshin card starts in an hour if any of you plan on being up late and want to check it out.

Probably would have to find a live stream somewhere and it’s only a 3 round exhibition anyway. 

Man vs little boy. Floyd destroyed that kid and made him cry...hope the little japanese kid got paid millions for that joke of a show. Should have just kicked Floyd in the head

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Man vs little boy. Floyd destroyed that kid and made him cry...hope the little japanese kid got paid millions for that joke of a show. Should have just kicked Floyd in the head

Lol, it was so bad. Flat out child abuse haha..fight starts at 12m47s.

On 1/6/2019 at 9:15 AM, Canuckster86 said:

UFC announce Jones vs Smith at UFC 235 if Jones can get a license to fight in Vegas.

20 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Woodley vs Usman at UFC 235 as well for the WW belt

What. a. fight. card.

Jon Jones (c) vs. Anthony Smith

Tyron Woodley (c) vs. Kamaru Usman

Robbie Lawler vs. Ben Askren

Jeremy Stephens vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov

Holly Holm vs. Aspen Ladd

Cody Garbrandt vs. Pedro Munhoz

Tecia Torres vs. Weili Zhang

Ovince St. Preux vs. Misha Cirkunov

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

What. a. fight. card.

Jon Jones (c) vs. Anthony Smith

Tyron Woodley (c) vs. Kamaru Usman

Robbie Lawler vs. Ben Askren

Jeremy Stephens vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov

Holly Holm vs. Aspen Ladd

Cody Garbrandt vs. Pedro Munhoz

Tecia Torres vs. Weili Zhang

Ovince St. Preux vs. Misha Cirkunov

That's truly insane. I just wish it was Woodley versus Covington because it will be so fun to see Covington get fed his lunch. 

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Well, Cyborg did walk forward like Lioness couldn't see her :lol:

Yeah.  That was nuts.  Now the book is out on how to beat Cyborg.  Exactly the same way to beat Rousey.  You just need to have more punching power to put Cyborg down than you do Rousey.

I'll bet Holly Holm wants a rematch with Cyborg now.  It was close the first time, but if she puts on more muscle, she has the striking skills to take her out if she can get off her punches as fast as Nunes did.