The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

40 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

C'mon Fedor!!!!  One of my all time faves with GSP and Shogun.  Been a fan since 2004...Bader should win but I would love to see Fedor ride off into the sunset on a huge win. 

THE LAST EMPEROR!!!!!

Image result for fedor emelianenko sweater ice cream

I am happy with fedor. Great job for a 42 year old. 

22 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Khabib confirms UFC legend GSP is target for November fight

https://www.rt.com/sport/450411-khabib-confirms-ufc-legend-georges-st-pierre-target-november/

interesting, but can GSP safely cut to 155? Dana White said or I think he said he would never let GSP fight at 155. Guess $ can change that though.

Sure would tie up the division a while, guess Khabib is suspended a while still. Who do Ferguson fight then... Poirier? Looks like Cerrone and McGregor are willing to fight each other

16 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Johnny Walker is the future. 

Haha I was actually buzzing off a few glasses of Johnny Walker and caught that fight. Tripped me out but man guy looked so cheerful and happy to just be in the octagon.

30 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

interesting, but can GSP safely cut to 155? Dana White said or I think he said he would never let GSP fight at 155. Guess $ can change that though.

Sure would tie up the division a while, guess Khabib is suspended a while still. Who do Ferguson fight then... Poirier? Looks like Cerrone and McGregor are willing to fight each other

I read somewhere he’s already done a few cuts to 155lbs to see if he’d be able to do it. George’s wants to be the first to give Khabib a loss and the retire probably.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Sounds like Cowboy vs Conor is coming this summer.

I couldn't care less.

We will have to be subjected to building up  Cowboy to being one of the most feared fighters ever, wonder how giant of a man he will be vs Conor by the time they meet?

I know Cowboy is doing well lately, but I can't shake the fight he let Nate into his head. Is he mentally ready for all Conors babbling?

That said, chop him down Donald. Put this loud mouth into yesterday's news for good. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Nah. Today's NHL doesn't hold a candle to MMA. I'd still watch this underwhelming card over any NHL game. 

That Silva Adesanya fight felt like an exhibition to me... I get that this is Anderson's style (which I've never been a big fan of... sometimes I get the sense that he doesn't really care to win), but you can't have both guys playing that role. 

Edited by Down by the River

12 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Silva at 43 showed he could still keep up with one of the best up and coming strikers. IMHO I think he would demolish Adesanya in his prime after seeing how this one went down. 

I agree,

Wish it could have been 5 rds. It seemed Adesanya's movement was slowing in the 3rd. Silva looked more prepared for deep water. 

I don't think this fight did much for Stylebenders rep.

6 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Thirteen fights scheduled for tonight; three fighters missed weight. One missed weight by 5lbs. One missed weight and then rolled her ankle the next morning and pulled out. 

Start making the fins more than 20-30% of the purse. 

I'm fine with the purse forfeiture where it is. The fighters who regularly miss weight should either be cut from the promotion or contractually forced to move up one weight class.