The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

I hope Woodley loses, but not sure if Usman is the guy to beat him. 

There is usually an upset in a big fight when there is a big underdog, could someone surprise and leave the octagon as the new Champ tonight?

I think Woodley wins. 

Imagine if Smith can land a flying kneeto shock the world and Lawler starches Ben? Oh, I would love to see the look on Dana's face.

What a line up though, really pumped for tonight.

Quick turnaround for Johnny Walker. I get that his last fight (Feb 2) lasted 15 seconds and he took no damage... but there is still the fight camp that you go through that is going to be draining as well. Will be interesting to see how he does tonight.

Lots of people will be cheering for him to beat Jones because Jones is a dirtbag, but I'm not convinced that Walker is less of a dirtbag than Jones. 

6 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I think Woodley wins. 

Imagine if Smith can land a flying kneeto shock the world and Lawler starches Ben? Oh, I would love to see the look on Dana's face.

never seen askren fight, but he is one mouthy guy. Maybe he should fight Covington next? I hope Akren loses, and really hope its not a lame wrestling match. I assume that is what he will want to do?

8 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

never seen askren fight, but he is one mouthy guy. Maybe he should fight Covington next? I hope Akren loses, and really hope its not a lame wrestling match. I assume that is what he will want to do?

Yeah it would be the smart thing to do. Asskren does have crazy good wrestling. Askren is just trying to promote the fight when he gets mouthy. From what i heard, he is supposed to be a pretty cool dude

6 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I think Woodley wins. 

Kind of hoping marty can pull off the upset. Like both fighters, but it would more interesting for the division if marty can pull off the upset.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Isam said:

Kind of hoping marty can pull off the upset. Like both fighters, but it would more interesting for the division if marty can pull off the upset.

I like them both too, the difference should be Woodley's striking. Heavy hands.

And since Tyron is a thorn firmly in Dana's side.... I'd like him to win. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Lawler has under rated take down defence. He could keep it standing, somewhat like an Iceman in his prime..... Asken is world class rassler...we'll see, crack him Robbie!

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

How does Walker get any cage experience if he keeps doing that?

Easy on the celly's though bud

He talked pre-fight about seeking out an opponent that could last longer than 15 seconds... he should maybe be clearer. Stupid celly probably keeps him from fighting sometime next month. 

• Cheers 1