The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

5 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

never seen askren fight, but he is one mouthy guy. Maybe he should fight Covington next? I hope Akren loses, and really hope its not a lame wrestling match. I assume that is what he will want to do?

You haven't missed anything much. Dude is boring and his best opponent was a well past his prime Jay Hieron...who was close to winning. Askren has the worst striking you'll see for a contender and 12 year old girl level GnP. But he can grind it out in boring fashion.....

18 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

You haven't missed anything much. Dude is boring and his best opponent was a well past his prime Jay Hieron...who was close to winning. Askren has the worst striking you'll see for a contender and 12 year old girl level GnP. But he can grind it out in boring fashion.....

Lima and koreshkov are bigger wins then hieron.

19 minutes ago, Isam said:

Lima and koreshkov are bigger wins then hieron.

Now they are better names. That was 5 years ago he won those fights. I actually had forgot he did fight Lima back in Bellator...  but it says a lot when the organisation walks away from it champ because he's so &^@#ing boring. 

Rocky Dennis looking mother &^@#er that he is...

Image result for rocky dennis

Edited by Gnarcore

Just now, Gnarcore said:

Now they are better names. That was 5 years ago he won those fights. I actually had forgot he did fight Lima back in Bellator...  but it says a lot when the organisation walks away from it champ because he's so &^@#ing boring. 

To each their own. I learned to appreciate good wrestling like askrens but i do wish he would actually learn some decent standup.

4 minutes ago, Isam said:

To each their own. I learned to appreciate good wrestling like askrens but i do wish he would actually learn some decent standup.

I wrestled up to nationals in high school and did years of kickboxing and BJJ.... I like grappling and wrestling fine. Askren is just boring.  He's spent much of his career laying on people with weak ass GnP just enough to not get stood up.  He's great at what he does and has been good enough to be in the UFC for years. 

He did show more in OneFc in a few of his fights but the opposition was weak.  He's rarely fought anyone with solid TDD..Lawler is a great match up with his solid TDD and power. This fight will tell a lot of where Askren is now.  

EDIT: man did I get school at nationals though...lost first match bad...won 1 in the loser bracket and then lost again :bigblush:

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Upvote 2