The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

On 5/24/2019 at 10:20 AM, bishopshodan said:

How cool would it be if fighters buy a lot of the ufc when it goes public and fire Dana? He mentioned that's one of his fears..hahaha

Not that he isn't laughing last though...all the way to the bank.

They, for the most part, don't make nearly enough to pull that off sadly ;) 

4 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

They, for the most part, don't make nearly enough to pull that off sadly ;) 

Yeah , most don't have enough dough.

But if enough Dana haters buy some shares....anyway, one can dream..

I was just thinking about it cause of the man himself.

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/4/1/18290843/dana-white-thinks-ufc-going-public-bad-idea-because-hell-probably-get-fired-mma

4 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

did tsn not renew with the ufc to televise events like today? smith submitted the swede apparently?

I know right? that's how I felt. I 'll have to find the fight later.

I like Smith, happy he got the finish. 

On 6/1/2019 at 6:02 PM, bishopshodan said:

I know right? that's how I felt. I 'll have to find the fight later.

I like Smith, happy he got the finish. 

On 6/1/2019 at 1:38 PM, Canuckster86 said:

did tsn not renew with the ufc to televise events like today? smith submitted the swede apparently?

Some fights broadcast on TSN some aren't. Usually the "fight pass" are not, and "fight night" are. I'm signed up for a fight pass account ($10/month) can watch any non PPV UFC live, and the PPV ones are uploaded shortly after. 

• Thanks 1

Feel bad for Manuwa...brutal KO loss. 

4 straight losses, 3 by KO's. He is 39 and continually fed to the new up and coming wolves. I hope he moves on...for his brain's sake. 

Edited by RRypien37
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

There is just such a small proportion of women's MMA fighters that can punch with any power/precision. 

It is growing though.  For me the biggest thing is footwork...so many women are so &^@#ing awful at it.  If you don't position feet right then your hips are off and your weight transfer is off.  Rose's footwork was beautiful up until she was dropped her head against Andrade.  Holly Holm is another one who is great to watch in that regard. She just doesn't sit on her punches...although those straights sure &^@#ed up Ronda.  

I won big on that fight knowing Holly would stand a very good chance of doing exactly what she did. Ronda had incredibly poor fundamentals and footwork and all vids of her showed it.  She had just never faced anyone decent at it themselves. 

20 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

It is growing though.  For me the biggest thing is footwork...so many women are so &^@#ing awful at it.  If you don't position feet right then your hips are off and your weight transfer is off.  Rose's footwork was beautiful up until she was dropped her head against Andrade.  Holly Holm is another one who is great to watch in that regard. She just doesn't sit on her punches...although those straights sure &^@#ed up Ronda.  

I won big on that fight knowing Holly would stand a very good chance of doing exactly what she did. Ronda had incredibly poor fundamentals and footwork and all vids of her showed it.  She had just never faced anyone decent at it themselves. 

Rose might be my favorite to watch in the UFC, full stop. The top tier women are sooooo technical it is a treat to watch; but watching the undercard is an eye-opener for how far the distance is to the top. Grasso looked good though.

Aljo did an awesome job of managing distance in that fight against Munhoz.

5 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Rose might be my favorite to watch in the UFC, full stop. The top tier women are sooooo technical it is a treat to watch; but watching the undercard is an eye-opener for how far the distance is to the top. Grasso looked good though.

Aljo did an awesome job of managing distance in that fight against Munhoz.

Grasso looked good. Definitely a legit up and coming fighter.  The new Canadian girl, Felicia Spencer, who was the champ in Invicta at 145 is going to be a threat. Her BJJ chops are pretty much unmatched but they're putting her up against Cyborg....  she is not ready for that imo. 

Edited by Gnarcore

• 2 weeks later...

BKFC 

Paulie vs the Goat this weekend...

Who ya got?

Will anyone even watch the UFC event on at the same time?

Think I'm going with Paulie....but Lobov could do it.....I dunno.

brawl a boxer....box a brawler...classic really.

I've seen boxers light up entire crews in my 15 years I spent working night clubs, yet I've seen guys with slick hands get walked down and over whelmed. 

I'm looking forward to Sat night. 

Edit : Presser

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/6/20/18693377/bkfc-6-malignaggi-vs-lobov-press-conference

Looking forward to crazy Chris Leben too...and what's Rumble doing in the back there?

Edited by bishopshodan

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

BKFC 

Paulie vs the Goat this weekend...

Who ya got?

Will anyone even watch the UFC event on at the same time?

Think I'm going with Paulie....but Lobov could do it.....I dunno.

brawl a boxer....box a brawler...classic really.

I've seen boxers light up entire crews in my 15 years I spent working night clubs, yet I've seen guys with slick hands get walked down and over whelmed. 

I'm looking forward to Sat night. 

Edit : Presser

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/6/20/18693377/bkfc-6-malignaggi-vs-lobov-press-conference

Looking forward to crazy Chris Leben too...and what's Rumble doing in the back there?

He is part of the organization now, but I am sure the reason he stood there the whole time is to prevent anything popping off between Goatbov and Paulie. 

Just now, RRypien37 said:

He is part of the organization now, but I am sure the reason he stood there the whole time is to prevent anything popping off between Goatbov and Paulie. 

ahh, I saw that he was being a bit of that nuclear deterrent security.

Is  he thinking of competing? Thought he was doing some sort of weed business now...

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

ahh, I saw that he was being a bit of that nuclear deterrent security.

Is  he thinking of competing? Thought he was doing some sort of weed business now...

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/2/2/18208912/anthony-rumble-johnson-partners-up-with-bare-knuckle-fighting-championship-mma-ufc