The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

You mean a fix?

Or good job on the magnitude of the event?

I gotta admit, I'm not super stoked about much with the UFC these days. Other than Isreal vs Romero

Bruh..

Edited by Chicken.
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

you're right. 

Can you give me a guarantee that this happens this time before I get too excited? 

Unfortunately us MMA fans don't get that guarantee luxury.. just need to hope the 5th time is a charm :P

Besides if 1 of them gets hurt it sounds like Connor wants to step in which would make me interested as well 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Besides if 1 of them gets hurt it sounds like Connor wants to step in which would make me interested as well

I don't know how that works. He just beat a journeyman on a 2 fight losing skid in a different division. 

At 155 or 170 for that matter, I think there are people that should be ahead of Conor. ( but perhaps not willing to step in short notice..)

Than again, I do know how that works........$$$$$$$

That said, my money is on Diaz vs Mac 3. It's the most winnable fight IMO for Conor and he can keep the cash train rolling a bit longer. 

Edited by bishopshodan

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I don't know how that works. He just beat a journeyman on a 2 fight losing skid in a different division. 

At 155 or 170 for that matter, I think there are people that should be ahead of Conor. ( but perhaps not willing to step in short notice..)

Than again, I do know how that works........$$$$$$$

Well to be fair Tony's last win was also over Cowboy.. so he has that going for him.

Gaethje is definitely getting shafted though it looks like he will need another scrap before a title shot.

Just now, Chicken. said:

Well to be fair Tony's last win was also over Cowboy.. so he has that going for him.

Gaethje is definitely getting shafted though it looks like he will need another scrap before a title shot.

Yep,

I edited my post.

What do you think of the Nate 3 chances?

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Yep,

I edited my post.

What do you think of the Nate 3 chances?

I could see that as well, a double trilogy fight card this summer with Cormier/Stipe and Nate/Connor would be sick.

TBH though I wouldn't mind this even though highly unlikely:

Gamebred vs Nick

Poirier vs Nate

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

You mean a fix?

Or good job on the magnitude of the event?

I gotta admit, I'm not super stoked about much with the UFC these days. Other than Isreal vs Romero

Embarrassingly obvious to me it was staged. I have been watching Cowboy for years. Even at this age and the amount of times he has fought, that was not him. He was just happy to be there and collect a higher paycheck. His body language and demeanor showed that all fight week. 

2 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Embarrassingly obvious to me it was staged. I have been watching Cowboy for years. Even at this age and the amount of times he has fought, that was not him. He was just happy to be there and collect a higher paycheck. His body language and demeanor showed that all fight week. 

Cerrone is always a slow starter in fights until he finds his groove. He doesn't seem like the type to throw a fight, at least intentionally, and take a bunch of unanswered blows to the head. Connor looked great gotta give credit where its due even if its tko’ing a weak chinned Cowboy

5 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

I thought Cowboy was not there with enough evil intent at all. I don`t know if it was a fix but it was weird , so I hear ya..  what a very insanely profitable outcome for the future of the UFC and their biggest name. Conor and Dana are going to milk this garbage in front of us for a few years, messing up a couple of the best div. in the ufc.

But, this is prize fighting.

• Upvote 1

Come on BC Budd. 

Edit:

Oh, and I really hope this happens down the road.

Two off the charts strikers. Should look like a video game.

Raymond Daniels open to fight with friend Michael ‘Venom’ Page

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/25/21081585/raymond-daniels-open-to-fight-with-friend-michael-venom-page

They even have history going back to sport Karate days. 

Edited by bishopshodan

15 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Come on BC Budd. 

Edit:

Oh, and I really hope this happens down the road.

Two off the charts strikers. Should look like a video game.

Raymond Daniels open to fight with friend Michael ‘Venom’ Page

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/25/21081585/raymond-daniels-open-to-fight-with-friend-michael-venom-page

They even have history going back to sport Karate days. 

Would be interesting, but for whatever reason, MVP has decided to continually fight unproven fighters or much lower level guys only. The one time he fought a legitimate established opponent, we all saw what happened. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Would be interesting, but for whatever reason, MVP has decided to continually fight unproven fighters or much lower level guys only. The one time he fought a legitimate established opponent, we all saw what happened. 

Nobody works harder than Bellator to make sure that their best fighters don't fight each other. 

8 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Yeah, MVP is a known for that.

I don't know how serious Daniels is in a MMA career, he's taken his time and is getting started late. I can see him wanting the fight but there might not be much in it for Page, may be too much of a career risk.

Still, that fight would be flashy

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta give credit to Krause. He's got the heart of a champion. 

Took this fight on 24 hrs notice after Arroyo had to pull out. He was there to corner another fight amd took the fight when asked..

And its at middleweight . Its above his weight class.  

What a great heavy weight fight. 

Latifi easily won that unless Huston judges do shady stuff to give it to Lewis the native Hustonian.

They've been terrible all night. 

One judge wasnt even watching the fight during pre lims. He was looking down playing with his phine whole fight then proceeded to give all 3 rounds to the Huston fighter. Joke.

Joe Rogan called him out on it twice. 

Edited by WHL rocks