The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Earlier a judge spent almost the whole round playing with his phone didn't even watch the fight. 

The fighter from Houston won acording to judges even the Houston crowd booed the decision. Lol

Then Latifi got robbed. Clearly won. They gave it to Lewis who is also from Huston. Latifi gad 2 takedowns was on top and worked Lewis in 2 rounds. Lewis did absolutely nothing entire fight except threw punches last 25 seconds. 

Then Reyes should have won 3 rounds to 2. He win first 3 rounds. The takedowns Jones had were meaningless. Reyes bounced back uo within a second. Never on his back or controled on the ground. 

Horrible judging. 

I only watched the Jones Reyes fight but I guess I am in the minority thinking that Jones deserved the decision victory..

Reyes fought well don't get me wrong but he didn't do enough to dethrone a champ via decision. I had the rounds Reyes - Jones - Reyes - Jones - Jones. I will agree that the 49-46 score is ridiculous but the outcome aligns with what I saw. Reyes was 'busier' early on but Jones did a good job defending and always kept the center of the octagon. Rounds 2 and 4 were close but I think Jones squeaked them out.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I only watched the Jones Reyes fight but I guess I am in the minority thinking that Jones deserved the decision victory..

Reyes fought well don't get me wrong but he didn't do enough to dethrone a champ via decision. I had the rounds Reyes - Jones - Reyes - Jones - Jones. I will agree that the 49-46 score is ridiculous but the outcome aligns with what I saw. Reyes was 'busier' early on but Jones did a good job defending and always kept the center of the octagon. Rounds 2 and 4 were close but I think Jones squeaked them out.

Not a chance. Reyes clearly won the first 3 rounds. It was a 3-2 UD win for Reyes. Even DANA had it 3-2 Reyes. The whole ridiculous theory of "need to do more to take the belt from the champ" isn't an MMA rule. Advancing and ring control also play an very very minor rule in score cards as per MMA rules. 

He did enough, the stats showed. The president of the entire company even thinks so. Not to mention both Rogan and Cruz who were calling the fight having it 3-2 Reyes as well. 

Edited by RRypien37
  • Cheers 4

3 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Not a chance. Reyes clearly won the first 3 rounds. It was a 3-2 UD win for Reyes. Even DANA had it 3-2 Reyes. The whole ridiculous theory of "need to do more to take the belt from the champ" isn't an MMA rule. Advancing and ring control also play an very very minor rule in score cards as per MMA rules. 

He did enough, the stats showed. The president of the entire company even thinks so. Not to mention both Rogan and Cruz who were calling the fight having it 3-2 Reyes as well. 

Jones also had 2 take downs and only landed 12 less strikes (http://ufcstats.com/event-details/b26d3e3746fb4024). Ring control may play a minor role but with only an average of 2 more strikes per round to reyes that could have been the difference. Take downs also play major role in scoring, Reyes had 0 Jones had 2.

You can't trust what Dana says at face value.. Dana is calculated in everything he says - controversy promotes the rematch.

It was close but imo Jones won a narrow victory.

13 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Jones also had 2 take downs and only landed 12 less strikes (http://ufcstats.com/event-details/b26d3e3746fb4024). Ring control may play a minor role but with only an average of 2 more strikes per round to reyes that could have been the difference. Take downs also play major role in scoring, Reyes had 0 Jones had 2.

You can't trust what Dana says at face value.. Dana is calculated in everything he says - controversy promotes the rematch.

It was close but imo Jones won a narrow victory.

I think if you factor in who pressed forward more and who was running away more Reyes has to be awarded the first 3 rounds. Jones was on the defensive those first 3 rounds. 

• Cheers 1

Yea, I'm still feeling meh about the UFC these days. Reyes won that fight but man one thing that people don't talk enough about with Jones is his ability to absorb. He can take a punch better than most on the roster. 

I think Diego is going to get murdered tonight. Pereira is going to make up for his last outing and put in on the poor old UFC spaz.

YES! YES! YES!