Sign in to follow this  
Charlie.Sheen

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Rate this topic

Probably the most reasonable sport to keep going given the tests these guys undergo already.  Definitely should be in empty arenas, but I'm betting White sees how much money this could generate and figures something out.

Love the empty arena no long breaks between fights

20 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Probably the most reasonable sport to keep going given the tests these guys undergo already.  Definitely should be in empty arenas, but I'm betting White sees how much money this could generate and figures something out.

I heard that the fighters wont be tested.

Kinda neat seeing this card without the crowd. You can hear the fighters talk more, similar to the Ultimate Fighter show.

I soo wanted to see nhl hockey without crowds for the same reason, to hear all the cursing and on ice chatter.

15 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I heard that the fighters wont be tested.

Kinda neat seeing this card without the crowd. You can hear the fighters talk more, similar to the Ultimate Fighter show.

I soo wanted to see nhl hockey without crowds for the same reason, to hear all the cursing and on ice chatter.

You can hear shots a lot cleaner too. 

• Hydration 1

Just now, Down by the River said:

Lee keeps holding his hands out after he throws his shots. Really weird. 

Charles looks good. Calm and strategic.

Good fight so far

Yea, Kevin that was a lot of tapping.

How do you not watch your neck when you are fighting a bjj ace?

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Johnny Walker and Kevin Lee are two of the dullest tools in the toolbox. I don't know why Zahabi takes them on. It's like trying to teach a pig to sing. 

• Haha 1

Good card good fights.

Oliveira reminds me of Tony Ferguson. Same build similar style ... great fighter.. very good in striking and keeps getting bettet great ground game. he's going to be fighting for a belt soon. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Good card good fights.

Oliveira reminds me of Tony Ferguson. Same build similar style ... great fighter.. very good in striking and keeps getting bettet great ground game. he's going to be fighting for a belt soon. 

He's got that weird stringy/long body too. 

• Hydration 1

see if a whole new card can get re done by the weekend...UFC has to be losing $ if they are still paying fighters but getting 0 revenue from ticket sales?

21 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

see if a whole new card can get re done by the weekend...UFC has to be losing $ if they are still paying fighters but getting 0 revenue from ticket sales?

I'm more excited for the possibility of Covington/Woodley than Edwards/Woodley. 

UFC makes a ton of money on ad revenue. Youtube vids/breakdowns... plus they probably have some obligations to ESPN to produce X number of cards. I feel like ticket sales make up an important piece of the pie, but not so much that doing fights puts them in the red. 

There will also be literally nothing going on in the Sports world this Saturday. ESPN must be licking their lips at the possible ratings and charging more for advertisements. 

On 3/14/2020 at 5:23 PM, bishopshodan said:

Losing my faith in Lee at this point. Not sure he has what it takes anymore. I was extremely high on him. Was sure he was going to be a future LW champ after his performance against Tony. 

He has the best reach in the division, great size/strength, great wrestling and age on his side. His mental game maybe the only reason he never gets to the top. 

• Hydration 1

On 3/14/2020 at 5:18 PM, Down by the River said:

Lee keeps holding his hands out after he throws his shots. Really weird. 

His striking still needs some work. 

11 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

His striking still needs some work. 

Funnily enough, I was just watching Jon Jones highlights from the UFC Youtube page and he absolutely lights guys up as soon as they start holding out their hands. I am not sure if Oliveira had the reach advantage on Lee... but the guy looked very long. Holding your hands out like that against a guy that can just reach around you with hooks and elbows seemed like a recipe for disaster.

8 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Funnily enough, I was just watching Jon Jones highlights from the UFC Youtube page and he absolutely lights guys up as soon as they start holding out their hands. I am not sure if Oliveira had the reach advantage on Lee... but the guy looked very long. Holding your hands out like that against a guy that can just reach around you with hooks and elbows seemed like a recipe for disaster.

Lee has the longest reach in the LW division at 77. Only Tony comes close to that with 76 1/2. 

Oh Jon... will you ever learn ? all you had to do was stay home.

2020 is back to normal with Jones screwing up. Will he get stripped of the title again ?  Will he claim that the his blood alcohol levels were just pulsing from his last DWI ? Stay tuned.. 

https://www.koat.com/article/mma-fighter-jon-bones-jones-arrested-for-dwi/31942301 

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —

Mixed Martial Arts fighter Jon “Bones” Jones was arrested on charges of driving under the influence, negligent use of a firearm and possession of an open container early Thursday morning.

According to a criminal complaint, officers responded to the area of 3rd Street and Central Avenue just after 1 a.m. in reference to gunshots fired. When they arrived they found Jones inside his vehicle with the engine on. Jones told police he did not know anything about the shots fired.

Advertisement

Officers noticed signs of intoxication and police say Jones admitted to officers that he had been driving earlier and intended to drive now.

Police say Jones consented to a sobriety test and performed poorly on it. Police add that when he was given a Breathalyzer he tested at least twice above the legal limit.

After Jones was arrested police found a black handgun under the driver’s seat and a half-empty bottle of Recuerdo 750ml behind the passenger seat.

Jones was charged with aggravated DWI, negligent use of a firearm and possession of an open container.

This is the fighter’s second DWI and he was arrested last year on battery charges.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Will he claim that the his blood alcohol levels were just pulsing from his last DWI ? Stay tuned.. 

Ha,

First thing I thought too.

Jon, just be you from now on. Crazy dumb party guy mixed with perhaps best fighter of them all. 

He can't defend himself anymore on this personal life stuff, hes a mess. 

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Ha,

First thing I thought too.

Jon, just be you from now on. Crazy dumb party guy mixed with perhaps best fighter of them all. 

He can't defend himself anymore on this personal life stuff, hes a mess. 

God is just testing him!! (Again) 

This one sounds a bit more serious, perhaps he will actually end up behind bars