The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

22 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

hope it happens, still 2 weeks to go for things to change i suppose

Khabib might be allowed to make it to the US... but are they not going to make him self-quarantine four 14 days since he was out of the country? Also, will the even find a state to sanction the event? 

While I'm starving for some action, the fight is always going to have an asterisk because I don't think you can argue that either fighter, but especially Khabib, is going to be coming into this fight at their peak. I get their injuries occur all the time in training camp, but the lack of your typical training has to weigh heavy on the mental side of things. You're used to doing things a certain way to feel confident, and these things are now taken away.

20 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Naah… this is MUCH more exciting. War El Cucuy

Don't like it. Tony taking unneeded risks and a lot of damage facing a guy like Gaethje. Will be that much harder for him against Khabib going to another war with a fighter like that. Shouldn't be fighting anyone besides Khabib at this point.  

7 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Don't like it. Tony taking unneeded risks and a lot of damage facing a guy like Gaethje. Will be that much harder for him against Khabib going to another war with a fighter like that. Shouldn't be fighting anyone besides Khabib at this point.  

While I agree as a fan, I am sure Tony wants to get paid rather than waiting until potentially the fall... or at earliest after Ramadan... 

Hopefully he nets at least $500K to show he deserves it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chicken. said:

While I agree as a fan, I am sure Tony wants to get paid rather than waiting until potentially the fall... or at earliest after Ramadan... 

Hopefully he nets at least $500K to show he deserves it

If he takes this fight, he deserves 1 mil show money. Plus, I would like to see him get however many PPV points as needed to make him the highest paid fighter at a single event should this PPV set a record. 

Just now, Down by the River said:

If he takes this fight, he deserves 1 mil show money. Plus, I would like to see him get however many PPV points as needed to make him the highest paid fighter at a single event should this PPV set a record. 

I agree although not sure if realistic. I really want to know the location though... Belarus? Indian reserve? Aircraft carrier? Cmon Dana spill the bloody beans

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chicken. said:

I agree although not sure if realistic. I really want to know the location though... Belarus? Indian reserve? Aircraft carrier? Cmon Dana spill the bloody beans

I like the fight. 

I'm surprised Tony took it but he is an animal.

Why no Khabib, whats the word on that? thought he said .. send location 

3 hours ago, Chicken. said:

It's been announced as somewhere on the West Coast of USA. So most likely somewhere in California. 

50 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I like the fight. 

I'm surprised Tony took it but he is an animal.

Why no Khabib, whats the word on that? thought he said .. send location 

Not sure but I assume he was worried he would miss weight without knowing the location and proper prep travel time, or the ufc wasn't certain that he would be able to make it out of Russia and wanted to announce it asap.

The full card is looking stacked

Plus undercard with Jacare vs Hall

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Fight Island?

Haha I was just coming to post this, I havent seen the video of this interview yet but the quote here is wild. Dana is a mad man. Finally some action to distract from the current dismal reality

edit.. found the interview.. its worth watching 

https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/06/dana-white-ufc-249-private-island-fights-joe-rogan/ 

Edited by Chicken.
  • Haha 2

If they are doing this on an Island. I would like it to be in the theme of 'Enter the Dragon'

Holy this story is scary.

Knowing a lot of big tough guys ( used to GM night clubs and I've been training forever) I have often wondered how tough some of these monsters that walk the streets are, how they would do if they took up an MMA career.

A monster broke into one of the toughest in the UFC's home and it was apparently the battle of his life.

https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/ufc-fighter-anthony-smith-details-wild-fight-with-home-intruder-no-normal-human-is-able-to-fight-like-that/