The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

@Mike Bossy

https://youtu.be/oU5b2xCtf-8

This one is at practice at American Top Team.. 

I was shocked Jorge dis so well in wrestling vs Usman. Him bringing in all thise top wrestlers to get ready for Usman helped.. huge difference in take down defense. 

And Usman didn't wrestle with Colby is because Colby is a better wrestler than Usman. He was higher Div  1 kamaru was Div 2 in college.  

I'd like to see Colby vs Jorge. That would be a great fight.  They were best friends lived together and trained together for years.  That's the fight to make.. it'll be very entertaining. 

Colby will stand up and bang with Jorge and wrestle him. Not just hold him against the fence and foot stomp him like Kamaru did. 

As far as styles... no one I k ow ever called GDP boring... and Khabib is my favourite fighter and love his ground and.pound. 

What Kamaru did last night was not.ground and pound. That was a hold against fence and foot stomp. When he took Jorge down a few elbows other than that boring..  

Edited by WHL rocks

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

@Mike Bossy

Absolutely no need for rematch between Jorge and Kamaru. That was too much of a domination no one wants to pay for that. I dont see Dana putting that together again. 

Masvidal was training for Usman for months..  

He brought in some of the best wrestlers in the world to get ready for Usman. This acording to Masvidal him self.  

It's not like he was sitting at home. He was training the whole time. And getting ready for Usman. They were supposed to fight Until the fight fell apart because masvidal wanted too much money.. 

Gilbert stepped in took the fight.. com weeks later he got covid and Dana had to pay masvidal what he wanted 

So this 6 day thing is nonsense. Jorge was getting ready for Usman for months. 

No one is surprised the fight went the way it did except for casuals.  Masvidal is simply not on that level. 

And he did great against Usman. I was surprised he was able to stuff all those take down attempts.  His wrestling has improved vastly. 

If anyone has seen Covington rag doll masvidal in wrestling practice and them wrestling in their apartment they'd know how much he has improved.  

Lol plenty of experts felt Masvidal had a chance - you act like he was completely out of his league. Its not like Jorge beat a bunch of Journeymen before getting a shot at Usman. Sorry man but have to disagree with your comment that only 'casuals" felt he had a chance. And for the record I wasn't making excuses but both fighters in interviews afterwards said they'd like to see how it goes if they had a full six week camp to prepare for each other.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

@Mike Bossy

https://youtu.be/oU5b2xCtf-8

This one is at practice at American Top Team.. 

I was shocked Jorge dis so well in wrestling vs Usman. Him bringing in all thise top wrestlers to get ready for Usman helped.. huge difference in take down defense. 

And Usman didn't wrestle with Colby is because Colby is a better wrestler than Usman. He was higher Div  1 kamaru was Div 2 in college.  

I'd like to see Colby vs Jorge. That would be a great fight.  They were best friends lived together and trained together for years.  That's the fight to make.. it'll be very entertaining. 

Colby will stand up and bang with Jorge and wrestle him. Not just hold him against the fence and foot stomp him like Kamaru did. 

As far as styles... no one I k ow ever called GDP boring... and Khabib is my favourite fighter and love his ground and.pound. 

What Kamaru did last night was not.ground and pound. That was a hold against fence and foot stomp. When he took Jorge down a few elbows other than that boring..  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/687489-ufc-129-georges-st-pierre-criticisms-are-mostly-ridiculous-and-hypocritical

Do a google search - plenty of people complained about some of his fights and title defenses being boring - I do not agree but was just pointing it out as people don't appreciate the skill it takes to neutralize another fighter's skills. I do agree that the foot stomping is ridiculous and should not be allowed but I did like what Usman did with his shoulders when he was clinching Jorge.

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Jiri Prochazka was very impressive. Hope they give him a top 5'r next. Would love to see him and Jones one day.

His style was incredibly unorthodox but damn he can throw a punch - loved him :)

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, MikeBossy said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/687489-ufc-129-georges-st-pierre-criticisms-are-mostly-ridiculous-and-hypocritical

Do a google search - plenty of people complained about some of his fights and title defenses being boring - I do not agree but was just pointing it out as people don't appreciate the skill it takes to neutralize another fighter's skills. I do agree that the foot stomping is ridiculous and should not be allowed but I did like what Usman did with his shoulders when he was clinching Jorge.

I don't know the person who wrote that bleacherreport article.. 

Like I said and you highlighted and responded with this reply.....

"No one I know thought GSP was boring"

I'M sure 100% of the world doesn't think chocolate is yummy. Only a fool would expect 100% of people to agree on anything. That would be idiotic.  

Edited by WHL rocks

Poor Benavidez. Real heart and soul character guy. He just didn't have enough for Fig tonight who looked amazing. Joe was knocked down like 3 times iirc. He says he is not going to retire yet though. I'm already looking forward to Fig moving up weight lol