The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

53 minutes ago, playboi19 said:

Gsp vs Khabib will be a fun match. Gsp will smash this guy.

We can dream. I want that to happen, Justin then GSP, then Khabib is done for his career. 

Stupid random fact of the day.

Conor Mac just moved up to #4 in the Light Weight rankings....despite being retired and not fighting at LW in 4 years...:huh:

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

We can dream. I want that to happen, Justin then GSP, then Khabib is done for his career. 

Stupid random fact of the day.

Conor Mac just moved up to #4 in the Light Weight rankings....despite being retired and not fighting at LW in 4 years...:huh:

I wonder if the rankings shift is related to this tweet.... and I wonder if this 'Iaccept' is in relation to Tony Ferg's recent quote about fighting Conor

2 hours ago, Chicken. said:

I wonder if the rankings shift is related to this tweet.... and I wonder if this 'Iaccept' is in relation to Tony Ferg's recent quote about fighting Conor

Nah, I think the rankings changed before that. I read that tweet was actually a response to Khamzat Chimaev if you can believe it. You know the kid that just lit a storm on fight island by fighting twice in ten days in two different weight classes? He apparently once flew to Ireland to fight Conor in a street fight, all to do with the Khabib nonsense. 

Might not be crazy for Conor to do this. Khamzat is the talk of mma right now but his two opponents combined to 1-5 in the UFC. He claims mma is too easy for him but McG might be to big a step too fast.

The rankings make zero sense, why did they remove Henry C immediately after he retired but not Conor?

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/dana-white-reacts-after-conor-mcgregor-accepts-challenge-from-khamzat-chimaev/

Edited by bishopshodan

17 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Nah, I think the rankings changed before that. I read that tweet was actually a response to Khamzat Chimaev if you can believe it. You know the kid that just lit a storm on fight island by fighting twice in ten days in two different weight classes? He apparently once flew to Ireland to fight Conor in a street fight, all to do with the Khabib nonsense. 

Might not be crazy for Conor to do this. Khamzat is the talk of mma right now but his two opponents combined to 1-5 in the UFC. He claims mma is too easy for him but McG might be to big a step too fast.

The rankings make zero sense, why did they remove Henry C immediately after he retired but not Conor?

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/dana-white-reacts-after-conor-mcgregor-accepts-challenge-from-khamzat-chimaev/

Ahh that makes sense, I was confused as I cant imagine Mcnuggets wants any piece of El Cucuy

Ya rankings are stupid, triple c thinks he is worth more than he is, he was trying to gain leverage by retiring and dana aint having it. No quadtruple C for Henry. Mcnuggets already has leverage.

This is cool. Dustin would be tough for Tony.

2 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Ahh that makes sense, I was confused as I cant imagine Mcnuggets wants any piece of El Cucuy

Ya rankings are stupid, triple c thinks he is worth more than he is, he was trying to gain leverage by retiring and dana aint having it. No quadtruple C for Henry. Mcnuggets already has leverage.

This is cool. Dustin would be tough for Tony.

Dustin v Tony would be great!

Mcnuggets has now denied the 'accept' tweet was for Khamzat, yet hasn't said who he was referring to. I regret posting anything about CM and will go back to ignoring him.

Weird thing for me with Henry is I kinda became a fan late on . He annoyed me like everyone else but his abilities are the real deal. Would like to see him again. I think I always have a soft spot for guys with a Karate base. Karate mixed with insane level wrestling is a sick combo. 

What a beating Brunson laid on Shabazyan. 

Kid finally fought a top 10 ranked guy and got exposed. So much hype around him with his knockouts. But Brunson can wrestle and is a very good fighter.  

Still very young .  Only 22 I think.  He'll get better lots of time to grow as a fighter. But this was a big step up and it showed he's not ready for prime time yet. 

• Cheers 1

On 8/1/2020 at 9:39 PM, peaches5 said:

Dana will not let this happen. If GSP wins it ruins Khabib and GSP will likely to walk off into the sunset. 

Canada vs Russia

Might be the only PPV I ever buy if it happens :p the card would be STACKED

On 8/1/2020 at 9:39 PM, peaches5 said:

Dana will not let this happen. If GSP wins it ruins Khabib and GSP will likely to walk off into the sunset. 

GSP said he will do a non-title fight. Also it will be Khabib's final fight as he attempts to finish 30-0. 

GSP was his fathers wish as an opponent.

15 minutes ago, playboi19 said:

GSP said he will do a non-title fight. Also it will be Khabib's final fight as he attempts to finish 30-0. 

GSP was his fathers wish as an opponent.

Dana White is a huge egotistical douchebag. He isn't going to let this fight happen on principal.  

On 8/5/2020 at 4:31 PM, peaches5 said:

Dana White is a huge egotistical douchebag. He isn't going to let this fight happen on principal.  

Dana White loves big money fights. this is one of those with worldwide hype.

Especially if Khabib is going to retire he might as well go all in on the cash cow.

That being said, I hope Gaethje smeshes him.

• Cheers 1

On 8/5/2020 at 4:31 PM, peaches5 said:

As Chicken said, Dana will follow the money. If Khabib is retiring and it's a one off for GSP , why wouldn't he do it? while adding a few mil to his wallet.

GSP has recently signed on as a French announcer for the company so maybe he and Dana are starting to mend bridges. 

Am I the only one that wants to see Khabib smash Gaethje? (just like he's done to everyone else)

GSP vs Khabib would be interesting. Wonder if it is actually plausible or not.

Who else would there be after Gaethje?I guess Ferguson wouldn't be as interesting a fight for Khabib now after he lost to Gaethje. Maybe Connor again? He'd probably just get smashed again. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Am I the only one that wants to see Khabib smash Gaethje? (just like he's done to everyone else)

Who else would there be after Gaethje?I guess Ferguson wouldn't be as interesting a fight for Khabib now after he lost to Gaethje. Maybe Connor again? He'd probably just get smashed again. 

Umm... it's 'Smesh' Gaethje

I'm with you. I like the idea of an undefeated phenom.

A phenom that will only be defeated when/if he meets the True North GOAT...the mighty GSP. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I like Gaethje more... but I would want to see Khabib win just so we can get a fight with GSP. 

• Cheers 1