The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Umm... it's 'Smesh' Gaethje

I'm with you. I like the idea of an undefeated phenom.

A phenom that will only be defeated when/if he meets the True North GOAT...the mighty GSP. 

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I like Gaethje more... but I would want to see Khabib win just so we can get a fight with GSP. 

I guess the question would be how close would the GSP fight be to both guys at their best? I guess they aren't that far off in age. Either way it would be intriguing to say the least.

Fingers crossed. 

• Cheers 1

Bones officially relinquished the LHW belt today, Reyes should win the belt next month vs Jan 1 would think. If Jones doesn't get a title shot at HW right away it makes 0 sense to me. The guy is by far the most dominate champ ever, if he moves into another weight class he deserves a title shot right away over any other person who has received the same.

But...Uncle Dana does what Uncle Dana wants

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Bones officially relinquished the LHW belt today, Reyes should win the belt next month vs Jan 1 would think. If Jones doesn't get a title shot at HW right away it makes 0 sense to me. The guy is by far the most dominate champ ever, if he moves into another weight class he deserves a title shot right away over any other person who has received the same.

Yeah, i hope we get to see JJ again.

Dana is a pain in the ass. He injects himself into everything way too much. Just pay them man and let us watch one of the best ever fight. 

19 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

J.J. will get the winner of Francis vs Stipe. 

Book it!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

J.J. will get the winner of Francis vs Stipe. 

Book it!

I agree, depends what weight JJ wants to bulk up too and also how quickly Stipe wants to get back in the octagon....Doesn't seem to fight too often recently, but Francis is healthy and ready to go so I am hoping we see that fight by the end of 2020,,,maybe year end headliner?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I agree, depends what weight JJ wants to bulk up too and also how quickly Stipe wants to get back in the octagon....Doesn't seem to fight too often recently, but Francis is healthy and ready to go so I am hoping we see that fight by the end of 2020,,,maybe year end headliner?

Well Stipe's excuse last year was he needed to repair a torn retina... seems reasonable for Stipe/Francis to happen before 2020 is over ! 

First things first though... middle weight belt :mad:

I still can't believe they fed johny hendricks to paulo costa :lol:

Edited by Chicken.

2 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Well Stipe's excuse last year was he needed to repair a torn retina... seems reasonable for Stipe/Francis to happen before 2020 is over ! 

First things first though... middle weight belt :mad:

I still can't believe they fed johny hendricks to paulo costa :lol:

I was legitimately fearing for Hendrick's life in that fight. It was just an insane size mismatch. 

3 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Unlikely once JJ starts the "gaining process" ... I wonder how much he will weight for his debut... 230s ? 240+ ? 

I know it's unlikely, but what a match it would be. Plus I think Israel, or his coach, has mentioned going all the way up to heavy weight for the right fight.

I think Stipe beats Ngannou again too. 

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I know it's unlikely, but what a match it would be. Plus I think Israel, or his coach, has mentioned going all the way up to heavy weight for the right fight.

I think Stipe beats Ngannou again too. 

Haha that skinny clown would get crushed at heavyweight. I will break him once he feels my punches and my bones - Paulo Costa probably

Ngannou always has a punchers chance but yea Stipe looked technical if he can avoid the initial flurry he should be good

Just saw this one, usually Askren is pretty reasonable but ragging on a guy for using a stretcher AFTER the fight is done.. idk seems like a smart move not to further damage it. and it turns out he was forced to lol 

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/08/ben-askren-rips-sean-omalley-using-stretcher-ufc-252 

“If they tried carting me out because of an ankle injury, I would’ve fought someone over that,” Askren said. “You’re not putting my ass on a stretcher because I got an ankle injury. I got one other good leg, and I’m gonna hop all the way to the back. Leave me the eff alone. I think he needs to grow up. …

“It’s part of growing up. In life, you have failures, you have struggles. You’re gonna learn from them. Obviously he hasn’t lost a fight to this point, so he probably hasn’t experienced those really hard things and really, at this point, embarrassment also. He was building himself up and got his ass kicked by ‘Chito’ Vera. He’s probably a little embarrassed by that, as well. Hey, that’s part of it. Get up, rub some dirt on it, hop yourself to the back.”

UPDATE: O’Malley’s head coach, Tim Welch, responded to Askren’s criticism Tuesday, clarifying that his fighter was forced to use the stretcher.