The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

TOO big an image..

How slow is your computer?

This will certainly tick a few of you off, but I really hope this weather will continue. It was so cold at one point last year that I was able to lace up the skates and go for a skate in the middle of my street. Obviously the conditions were crappy but how often do you get a chance to do that in the Greater Vancouver area?

It's snowing heavily in Powell River right now, but it didn't start till about 10:30pm.

It sounds like you guys have it worse.

Ridge Meadows has about 5 cm of snow. Snowing lightly now. Powell River has about a fifth the annual precipitation that we have, therefore less snowfall. (You get maybe 18 inches of rain a year)

How slow is your computer?

This will certainly tick a few of you off, but I really hope this weather will continue. It was so cold at one point last year that I was able to lace up the skates and go for a skate in the middle of my street. Obviously the conditions were crappy but how often do you get a chance to do that in the Greater Vancouver area?

3 GHz but someone with an older one will have a prob with that. I try to keep them under 500 x 300 . Remember that there are some here who are still on dialup

Edited by GeeNo

Six inches (just measured) in my front yard in Pitt Meadows. Five inches in North Vancouver, where my best mate lives (I lived in North Van for a long time myself).

Quite nice really, very pretty. Unusual to see this much snow fall consistently.

I am SO happy I have graduated from SFU and don't have to crawl up that hill. Some seriously awful drivers go there.

Six inches (just measured) in my front yard in Pitt Meadows. Five inches in North Vancouver, where my best mate lives (I lived in North Van for a long time myself).

Quite nice really, very pretty. Unusual to see this much snow fall consistently.

I am SO happy I have graduated from SFU and don't have to crawl up that hill. Some seriously awful drivers go there.

I'd thnk they'd have that hill plowed. If not, then a 25 minute hike

Great signature... The shadow knows for sure! Hey I listened to that when I was a kid.

Edited by GeeNo

UNIVERSITIES / COLLEGES

Both Douglas College locations All SFU campuses All BCIT campuses All campuses and satellite locations of Vancouver Community College Columbia Academy

COQUITLAM

Children of Integrity Montessori Academy

MISSION

All schools Provincial exams to be re-scheduled Valley Christian school

NORTH VANCOUVER

All schools

SURREY

Pacific Academy: Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8 closed

High school open for exams only Regent Christian Academy

VANCOUVER

Eaton Arrowsmith School-both elementary and high school Little Flower Academy Magnussen Elementary St Andrews Elementary West Coast Christian School

WEST VANCOUVER

All schools closed

TRANSIT

HandyDART service on the North Shore

more closures are pouring in Both Douglas College locations

All SFU campuses

All BCIT campuses

All Kwantlen University College campuses are closed for all day and evening classes

All campuses and satellite locations of Vancouver Community College

Columbia Academy

ALDERGROVE

Starlight Learning

BURNABY

Deer Lake School (K-10)

COQUITLAM

Children of Integrity Montessori Academy

MISSION

All schools

Provincial exams to be re-scheduled

Valley Christian school