The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

A report on the snow. Oh yeah and it caused a problem with SkyTrain... what a surprise.

Cold weather and icy winds were followed up by an early snowfall, Thursday, that swept through areas of the Lower Mainland.

Traffic along Highway 1 came to a crawl around Langley and further East as the snow began to stick, according to reports.

Roughly three inches of snow fell in the Langley area by 8 p.m.

The 'white stuff' was also spotted around areas of Vancouver, New Westminster and Surrey, according to reports.

Bus service to and from Simon Fraser University on Burnaby Mountain has been temporarily cancelled due to snow, TransLink said Thursday evening. Major delays are expected.

TransLink BC released a transit system update via Twitter, stating:

"#SkyTrain Expo & M-Line: System-wide delays due to snow accumulating on tracks between 22St->Edmonds Stns triggering safety alarms."

Whistler Mountain is opening for its first runs of the 2011 snow season tomorrow, six days earlier than originally scheduled.

http://www.vancouversun.com/Snow+winds+Lower+Mainland/5729270/story.html#ixzz1e1yw5H5P

you guys are worried about snow -20 in Calgary tomorrow

I'am not worried about the Snow.I dont mind the Snow it's the cold when it snows and sticks to ground and it gets colder the snow will frezze meaninh it will be hard to walk on. and i have never felt -20 degrees weather before most was -11.