The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

never seen this icon on Environment Canada before...

a9yc0z.png

Pictures at the link noted below. Here is the report:

Several reports of a small funnel cloud spotted near YVR in Richmond surfaced, on Saturday.

Photos of the small, cone-shaped cloud reached social media outlets accompanied by Tweets such as:

“It IS a funnel cloud spotted over #Steveston, #RichmondBC” – Via @kittykat_4

Funnel clouds are reportedly caused by cold air coming into contact with a warm ocean.

The cloud sighting is another addition to an odd weekend of Vancouver weather that has included rain, snow, sun and now … a funnel cloud.

http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/Funnel+cloud+spotted+near+Vancouver/5997947/story.html#ixzz1jV5VJTHF

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/storm_watch_stories3&stormfile=more_wintery_weather_on_the__150112?ref=ccbox_weather_topstories

More wintery weather on the way for BC

On Saturday morning, Vancouverites woke up to their first measurable snowfall of the year. The city saw 2 cm, while other parts of BC saw much more.

And, love it or hate it, there's more wintery weather in store. Three seperate systems will move into BC starting Monday.

"There's not one, not two, but three chances of a decent snowfall in BC, including Vancouver and Victoria," said Rob Davis, a meteorologist at The Weather Network.

The first system will push in on Monday and could bring up to 15 cm of snow to some areas. Vancouver and Victoria won't see that much -- but people there could still get about 5 cm.

On Wednesday, a second system will hit the northwestern United States, and the north end of that storm will hit BC. "By that time, several cities will be below 0°C with a storm on their doorstep," says Davis. "This could mean the potential for quite a bit of snow."

A third system will also move in on Thursday and Friday

Edited by Sully2Kool

At least she's warm down there tonight... Only minus 20 :)

Enjoy it.

:( -32 for us here a little south of you....... mind you at this temperature, 3 degrees doesn't make much difference. (Already -31 :( )

Already -31? That's rough. Only -4 per Weather Network, but it feels like -15.

My bad, here's what the actually temperature is here now.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cabc0235

-20, feels like -30.

Gotta love the weather network, eh? Right now it's saying you're at -20 but it feels like -38 :shock: Hopefully it doesn't decide to move south! (Forecast is -38 windchill here tomorrow night so I guess it is moving south :( )

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe

Gotta love the weather network, eh? Right now it's saying you're at -20 but it feels like -38 :shock: Hopefully it doesn't decide to move south! (Forecast is -38 windchill here tomorrow night so I guess it is moving south :( )

-38 is insanely cold, and I really don't want to go to school in that tomorrow. :frantic:

It sure did. It's supposed to stay in that -20 to -30 range (not including wind chill) up here for the rest of the week.

It's funny that I find myself looking forward to the relatively mild temperature of -17 predicted for Saturday. :D