The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Snowmagewddon has hit bonney lake, WA and is in full force. i felt like i was back in Chicago/Saskatchewan when I woke up at 6 AM and it hasn't stopped snowing since. Curiously, i've been hearing some explosions from the valley, kinda sound like gun shots, and they sound like they are getting closer (they fire 3-4 times and then stop for a long time, so it can't be the gun range (plus those shots are WAY quieter and the snow should mute the sound), so I'm not exactly sure what that is. (I doubt there is any construction going on today, but it almost sounds like they are driving pilings into the ground)

Edited by avelanch

Has anyone witnessed any car accidents with hilariously bad snow drivers?

I saw a guy slip and slide coming to stop at an intesection even though he was doing about a third the speed limit.

If it's snowing, unless you have snow tires and the ability to drive in the snow, STAY HOME OR FIND A DIFFERENT WAY!!!!!!:angry:

I don't know how many people doing a quarter the speed limit I got stuck behind due to the oh so adverse condition of a light dusting of snow on the road! :rolleyes:

Dear Vancouver Weather,

WTF dude?

I can't remember it ever being so cold here.

Dear Vancouver Weather,

Keep up the good work, bro! I'm gonna be snowboarding on saturday and I want a tonne of fresh powder.

Sincerely, Ave.

Edited by avelanch

Loving that there's gonna be tones of pow on the mountains.

But I had to turn back cause I don't have stupid snow tires. Almost hit a curb and car but I got driving skillzzzz. :towel:

And WTF weather network it wasn't supposed to snow today?

Edited by warmplate

I guess I'm just being ignorant but I could care less about buying snow tires or chains. It only snows 2-5 times a year here.

Ignorant and negligent. There are other people on the road besides you, you know.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe
  • Upvote 3

Loving that there's gonna be tones of pow on the mountains.

But I had to turn back cause I don't have stupid snow tires. Almost hit a curb and car but I got driving skillzzzz. :towel:

And WTF weather network it wasn't supposed to snow today?

Contradictory much?

If you don't have adequate equipment to match your "skillzzz" then STAY HOME!

• Upvote 2

The Weather Network really screwed the pooch on this one. A few days ago they forecast it correctly that we would get dumped on today with a foot of snow (We are already close to that this morning). But then yesterday someone over there changed all the forecasts and called for 1-4 cm and it didn't look like this was going to amount to much. Idiots.

• Upvote 1

The Weather Network really screwed the pooch on this one. A few days ago they forecast it correctly that we would get dumped on today with a foot of snow (We are already close to that this morning). But then yesterday someone over there changed all the forecasts and called for 1-4 cm and it didn't look like this was going to amount to much. Idiots.

Depends wfere you are . Only a few cm in Vancouver

• Upvote 1