The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Now it's coming down .

I grew up in kelowna and miss real winters .

We had an ravine behind our house there and would build a series of igloos down the ravine . It was on a slight hill and we could slide from igloo to igloo on crazy carpets . We would build them with an entrance on each side so we could slide right thru them . Good times

What car were you driving? :mellow:

Used to have a lightly modified FWD 91 Civic SI with a manual.

For the last 4+ years I've been driving an AWD Suzuki SX4 with a manual.

FYI.. I made it to work again just fine this morning alive and in one piece :P Had a blast leaving my side street too with some giggle inducing sideways action...lol (no cars around). From that point on it was safety first, leaving lots of space and no sudden movements.

• 4 weeks later...

Summary

Snowfall accumulation of 5 centimetres expected Friday morning. This is a warning that significant snowfall is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

Details

A low pressure system will approach the BC coast tonight. Rain and snow will begin overnight over much of the Inner South coast. Mostly rain is expected near sea level with up to about 2 cm of snow likely over some areas. Higher elevations and inland areas will see heavier snow with up to 5 cm expected Friday morning. Eastern sections of the Fraser Valley will see snow somewhat later with heavier snow occurring in the afternoon. Snowfall accumulations of 10 to 15 centimetres are expected for inland sections of the central coast beginning this evening. The snow is expected to change to rain on Friday before noon.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/alerts/wwcabc0018/cabc0308/weather?ref=warnings_citypage

Summary

Snowfall accumulation of 5 centimetres expected Friday morning. This is a warning that significant snowfall is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

Details

A low pressure system will approach the BC coast tonight. Rain and snow will begin overnight over much of the Inner South coast. Mostly rain is expected near sea level with up to about 2 cm of snow likely over some areas. Higher elevations and inland areas will see heavier snow with up to 5 cm expected Friday morning. Eastern sections of the Fraser Valley will see snow somewhat later with heavier snow occurring in the afternoon. Snowfall accumulations of 10 to 15 centimetres are expected for inland sections of the central coast beginning this evening. The snow is expected to change to rain on Friday before noon.

http://www.theweathe...rnings_citypage

At this point, I'll believe it when i see it....