The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Years ago my cousin who grew up in the Hand Hills area of Alberta (my father's birthplace before he got smart and moved to the WetCoast) arrived around Christmas as he had been posted to BC with the RCMP.

It began to snow and he was laughing at the drivers slip sliding away. My father said do not mistke this for the snow he was used to in Alberta. He laughed it off, jumped in his new 1972 Dodge Charger to go to the liquor store... and promptly introduced it to a telephone pole at the bottom of our street.

He was heard to exclaim as he slid out of sight this is not snow - it is ######## grease.

Cries when he hears a 72 Charger hitting a telephone pole :(

Guest Gumballthechewy

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

homer_drool.jpg

Cries when he hears a 72 Charger hitting a telephone pole :(

Yeah, no kidding, most tragic part of the story! :P

Lots of Vancouverites don't realize this :P

Yeah, I know.....

Edited by Gumballthechewy

Metro Vancouver

4:40 AM PST Tuesday 18 December 2012

Snowfall warning for

Metro Vancouver issued

Persons in or near this area should be on the lookout for adverse weather conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Watch for updated statements.

Please refer to the latest public forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through your local radio and television stations or Weatheradio.

got out of the hobbit last night to walk outside to some of the biggest flakes I've ever seen. the only time I've seen bigger clumps of flakes was during the huge snowstorm that hit Chicago 2 years ago. the Seattle area typically doesn't get snow like that. it was beautiful. I had to shake off my palm tree this morning though, just to be on the safe side (it's all bent over). apparently more snow is on the way :D but by noon it'll become rain :(