The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Wow... This warm weather sucks.

I work at Cypress and there is virtually no snow and today its been pounding rain. At least its going to be freezing monday so we can pump out unreal amounts of snow with the snow makers.

Edited by Armada

Sunday could bring snow:

You’d better bundle up because cold temperatures and possible snow are on the way this weekend.

Environment Canada issued a special weather statement early Saturday, for those in and around Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, Whistler, the Sunshine Coast, the Southern Gulf Islands, Vancouver Island, the Central and North Coast, and Haida Gwaii areas.

Arctic air mixed with a Pacific front is expected to hit those regions with a “significant change in temperature,” with rain on Saturday giving way to “flurries and gusty northerly winds” on Sunday.

“A drier but colder northerly flow will bring sunnier conditions for Monday,” the statement read.

Sunday will also bring an end to the steady rain experienced along the South Coast, with cooler air to follow. Remaining showers could turn to flurries on Monday even down to sea level.

Winds are expected to spread again on Monday afternoon, with “whiteout” conditions predicted for the Sumas Prairie, Howe Sound, and the east coast of Vancouver Island.

“The drier and colder pattern is expected to develop on Tuesday and last for a few days but onshore flurries may continue over Eastern Vancouver Island and significant snow is possible,” the statement said.

Those living in the Southern and Central Interior can also expect heavy amounts of snow as the cold front makes its way into the region on Sunday.

“Snow level will fall rapidly with this system. Rain at lower elevations ahead of the front will quickly transition to snow as the front passes through and temperatures drop,” said Environment Canada.

Blowing snow is likely for Sunday night, while a drier but colder flow of air will settle across the region by Tuesday and remain throughout the week.

http://www.theprovince.com/technology/Sunday+could+bring+snow/9232642/story.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Don't buy into the hype there's no snow coming Sunday. The cold air will reach us Monday afternoon sometime and there COULD be a few light snow flurries Monday night but nothing crazy. If you want snow then next weekend is looking like a snowstorm with 20 +cm possible. Still too early to say tho.

On a side note next week is going to be downright cold!

Edited by Ryan kesler the beast

It's been crazy warm here in Vic the last three days. Helped my neighbours move out on Friday afternoon, I was in a t-shirt and still sweating (13 deg. and sunny).

Forecast shows cold starting Monday night but not as bad as it said mid-week ... from -6 up to -1. with the possibility of snow. Not expecting much though.

This is so BS!

It was supposed to start snowing this upcoming Thursday and now it's supposed to be cold and sunny. I would love to get around 10cm of Snow for 3-4 days straight and have the temperature drop to at least -5 degrees.

I was supposed to play football in the snow with a bunch of friends this week, let it snow!