The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

I'm at the point with weather forecasts, that I always believe none of these warning ever materialize. Its all about getting people to panic, and then staying home if a few flakes start to fall. Mind you, if everyone put snow tires on their vehicles we wouldn't have to worry about a few inches of snow, would we? It gives transit a few more excuses as to why their buses don't have to get out on the road as well. Next news at Global, the head of Vancouver works yard will show us in his backdrop how many snowplows, piles of salt, and crews ready to roll. Meanwhile last year Broadway was a parking lot, because none of this happened. I would have hated to see a real snowfall.

I'm at the point with weather forecasts, that I always believe none of these warning ever materialize. Its all about getting people to panic, and then staying home if a few flakes start to fall. Mind you, if everyone put snow tires on their vehicles we wouldn't have to worry about a few inches of snow, would we? It gives transit a few more excuses as to why their buses don't have to get out on the road as well. Next news at Global, the head of Vancouver works yard will show us in his backdrop how many snowplows, piles of salt, and crews ready to roll. Meanwhile last year Broadway was a parking lot, because none of this happened. I would have hated to see a real snowfall.

Weird English. I like your conspiracy theory, big meteorology at it again.

Edited by inane

This is so BS!

It was supposed to start snowing this upcoming Thursday and now it's supposed to be cold and sunny. I would love to get around 10cm of Snow for 3-4 days straight and have the temperature drop to at least -5 degrees.

I was supposed to play football in the snow with a bunch of friends this week, let it snow!

Can't really blame them they go off what the weather models tell them and it changes every hour. Assuming you're from Vancouver it wasn't suppose snow Thursday , maybe a few flurries and that's still in the forecast ! Like I said a few days ago best chance for snow is this upcoming weekend probably Sunday/Monday time frame ! I'm with you tho I want snow !

Vancouver: The city where the bike lanes are cleared of snow first--because we all go biking around in the snow

I think the point is you're supposed to be able to drive a car in a little bit of snow.

Did Vancouver get any? It kind of tried to snow around 10 last night here on the Island, but it was pretty pathetic and there's nothing on the ground today.

Can't really blame them they go off what the weather models tell them and it changes every hour. Assuming you're from Vancouver it wasn't suppose snow Thursday , maybe a few flurries and that's still in the forecast ! Like I said a few days ago best chance for snow is this upcoming weekend probably Sunday/Monday time frame ! I'm with you tho I want snow !

I'm out here in Abbotsford actually and the weather forecast was calling for snow from Thursday-Monday. Now it just says sunny, which sucks because I'd rather it be overcast.

Don't worry folks, Murray Wightman and his crew at the Vancouver works yard are ready for it. I've seen that pile of salt on many TV news spots, that I know how many grains of salt there are in each pile. Not to mention the 50+ trucks, ready to go at a moments notice. Its like they have him on a recorded message. He says the same bs every time snow is in the forecast. I say any amount of snow will reek havoc on us.

Don't worry folks, Murray Wightman and his crew at the Vancouver works yard are ready for it. I've seen that pile of salt on many TV news spots, that I know how many grains of salt there are in each pile. Not to mention the 50+ trucks, ready to go at a moments notice. Its like they have him on a recorded message. He says the same bs every time snow is in the forecast. I say any amount of snow will reek havoc on us.

They probably re-run the same stock footage and just wrap it with a new intro.