The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

holy crap, so I started this thread and I don't post here anymore but decided to pop in and noticed this is still active. Mind is blown.

Welcome back! I'd classify this thread as having reached epic status. We have an "OMG" thread for every type of weather but this one will always be the original :)

• 1 month later...

The weather people in Vancouver always seem to get it wrong when it comes to snow. When they say snow, it usually rains. When it snows, it is always a surprise.

I didn't need to listen to the forecast to know there would be no snow. It was too warm on Saturday.

• Upvote 1

The weather people in Vancouver always seem to get it wrong when it comes to snow. When they say snow, it usually rains. When it snows, it is always a surprise.

I didn't need to listen to the forecast to know there would be no snow. It was too warm on Saturday.

Every time a weather person predicts snow in Vancouver, I tune out and scoff at it. They have been wrong a lot more times than being right. I have taken more of a "I will believe it when I actually see it" mentality. When everyone was saying winter storm, I was saying not a chance. I knew it was going to rain anyways.

• 9 months later...

Every time a weather person predicts snow in Vancouver, I tune out and scoff at it. They have been wrong a lot more times than being right. I have taken more of a "I will believe it when I actually see it" mentality. When everyone was saying winter storm, I was saying not a chance. I knew it was going to rain anyways.

When I lived in Van and worked at a tire shop. I would laugh at all the idiots who came in when it snowed trying to buy winter tires and get them installed that day. I would tell numerous people to just stay home the 2 days it snows and save your money unless you were headed to Whistler or the interior.  

• 1 month later...

Unsurprisingly, 'The Weather Network' or any other weather channel didn't mention it would snow today. It has stopped snowing now, but when it was snowing heavily about two hours ago, they still had it listed that it was supposed to rain during that hour.

Crazy weather, and it was just sunny yesterday. Saw it go from being sunny, to cloudy, to rainy, to snowy, back to rainy in just 24 hours.