The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Well, there was pretty much no snow on the roads in Parksville so I figured class would be on still. Halfway through the bus ride to Nanaimo, my friend texts me that class is canceled. Now I'm stuck at Woodgrove until the next bus back to Parksville in an hour and a half if the buses don't shut down altogether.

Edited by VICanucksfan5551

Went to my 8:30 tutorial at SFU, 4 out of 15 people were there.. needless to say it didnt go the full 2 hours. Why they didn't bother to cancel class today is beyond me, busses were jack-knifed and people were getting stuck all over the place. Also, probably half the people woke up and looked out their windows and said screw it and went back to sleep. Those are the smart people ;)

Brutal today. Arrived at production stn from Surrey at 7:55, got on the bus everything looked like it was fine when all of a sudden the bus stops... We got stuck along with 4 other buses. We waited on the bus for about 15 mins then everyone decides to walk back to production stn to get the 145 again...took us 10 mins to walk, had to wait another 15 mins at production stn for the 145 and this bus driver was smart enough not to take the original route (why the hell didnt our previous bus driver and the 4 with him thought of that) and got up to SFU at 9:05. 2 Frkin HOURS! Then I went to class for 10 mins. I can't believe classes were not cancelled.

Made my way from shaunessy via King Edward, 12th Ave, Highway 1, Gaglardi, up to SFU without problems (snow tires ftw). Finished my midterm, submitted my assignment and now am going home. Screw you SFU SNOW!

Edited by trek

Apparently, it took everyone 1.5-2 hours to get to UBC, irregardless of where you lived.

90mins for me from Richmond. Everyone in front of me loading their pants.

People should have just stayed home if they weren't comfortable driving. The roads weren't that bad. I don't know what it will take to get it thru to people that you don't have to crawl at 20Km/h in a straight line. Just need to leave proper following distance and know how to use the brakes on your car...Oh, and while we are at it, CLEAR THE MOTHER F@CKING SNOW OFF OF YOUR WINDOWS AND TAIL LIGHTS!!!! You can/should be ticketed for not clearing your windows.