Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Gonna be a great friday...

Warnings

Metro Vancouver

10:12 PM PDT Thursday 15 October 2009

Rainfall warning for Metro Vancouver issued

Persons in or near this area should be on the lookout for adverse weather conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Watch for updated statements.

Please refer to the latest public forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through your local radio and television stations or Weatheradio.

because there's no OMG RAIN thread, we gotta piggyback on this one.

This should be change to the OMG ABNORMAL WEATHER thread.

Not the same ring.

Anyway, I saw Env. Can. posted a potential 70mm rainfall near the mountains today. That's ridiculous. It's too bad it's not 5 degrees colder, because the upper mountains would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Looks like arctic air will be moving in around Halloween, according to the long range

There's even mixed rain and snow in the forecast for these parts on Halloween and Nov 2nd

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/fourteenday/cabc0308

That reminds me of one Halloween when my mom was fearful for my health and made me put a huge oversized jacket over my costume to stay warm.

Everyone had to ask me what I was supposed to be because my costume was completely hidden by the coat... so I had to come up with some BS response like "adult trapped in a kid's body"... :unsure:

The forecast can change, it's the long-range one afterall, but there's no doubt that temperatures will generally go down in the coming days.

That's a good point....

I thought about that after I posted....... the 14 day forecast is barely ever right.

Although my Sun Peaks trip at very end of November is already booked, so the snow better start in early November.