The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

We might get snow all the way over here this weekend too. My brother's flight from Nanjing to Beijing got delayed due to snow last night, and usually we tend to inherit their weather patterns about 2 days later.

From what I remember about my 1 trip to korea in the winter is that it snows a lot there.

Even in the big city? :( (Do you know anything about the winter weather in the Yongsan area?)

I was in Ilsan (over by Daehwa) and it snowed a lot when I was there. But I don't know if that was abnormal or not because I was younger and didn't really pay attention.

I was in Ilsan (over by Daehwa) and it snowed a lot when I was there. But I don't know if that was abnormal or not because I was younger and didn't really pay attention.

Ah, okay... So you weren't actually in the city of Seoul itself, but rather in Gyeonggi.

I'm right in the center of the city... there might be a big difference (since the weather seems to vary so much when get into the city).

Ah, okay... So you weren't actually in the city of Seoul itself, but rather in Gyeonggi.

I'm right in the center of the city... there might be a big difference (since the weather seems to vary so much when get into the city).

But it's dam cold either way. Any precipitation is going to be snow.

Ah, wikipedia.

Winters are often very cold with an average January temperature of 19 °F to 33 °F (-7°C to 1°C) and are generally much drier than summers, although there are 28 days of snow in Seoul in each year on average.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seoul

So I guess not too much, but still more than Vancouver/OC :lol:

But it's dam cold either way. Any precipitation is going to be snow.

Ah, wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seoul

So I guess not too much, but still more than Vancouver/OC :lol:

Frack. I asked because sometimes it can be raining here in Yongsan but sunny just across the river in Singil.

Good thing I'm planning to be out of here for most of February for my vacation...

Edited by BuckyHermit

Back to the Vancouverites whining again. Grow a pair.

I don't think many of us are whining. Last year we had pretty much a 'real winter' and alot of people learned their lesson and went out and got snowtires. I for one look forward to snow.

I don't think many of us are whining. Last year we had pretty much a 'real winter' and alot of people learned their lesson and went out and got snowtires. I for one look forward to snow.

Ditto, I love the snow :lol: Had zero problems last year even with "just" all seasons.

Only part of snow I hate is the shoveling and commuting with the 95% of moron drivers who are completely clueless. Driving around during off peak hours is a blast!