The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The MLB thread

Gretzky's Mullet

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO frack YOU NEW YORK I ???? HATE YOU YOU DONT UNDERSTAND HOW PISSED I AM RIGHT NOW I MEAN YEAH I WANT ICHIRO TO GET A RING BUT WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Good bye Ichiro, you were a delight to watch, my second favorite baseball player, love ya lots, good luck in New York and I hope you get a ring there

Wow Ichiro traded to the Evil Empire. Reports are he requested a trade 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for the memories and the all time single season hits record.

As much as it pains me to say this........ Good luck with the Yankees.

Man do the M's ever need a rebuild. Where's Edgar Martinez when you need him?

I thought the M's needed offense as well. Remembered watching one game where the commentator said that King Felix had difficulties getting wins (and he basically is their only legit competent star starting pitcher) because he didn't get enough run support. Sure, having good pitching would help but even with this trade I'm not sure what the M's got.

Queue Felix leaving?

Jack Z hasn't quite lived up to his hype, eh Johnny? I guess compared to Bill Bavasi he's put a younger and cheaper group of underachievers out there to finish last. Plus he hasn't traded away Felix Hernandez yet.

For the record, as popular as Ichiro's been, he is having a very bad season, and he had a really bad season last year, and he's a far cry from the player he was 5 years ago. However, I think anyone who likes the Mariners has to be a little sad about this turn of events.

Well, I understand not getting a ton back for Ichiro, being that he is a declining 39 year old free agent-to-be having his worst ever season. He has almost no power, though that's more because he's too stubborn to swing conventionally in RBI situations, because he can hit the ball a long way in BP when he's not trying to slap out singles. However, what I don't understand is why the Mariners had to send money to the Yankees for this trade to happen. They're covering most of his remaining salary, meaning that all Ichiro was worth to the team was a couple of million and two lousy pitchers. They'd probably have gotten more if they'd waited until after the trading deadline and seen if anyone claimed him, in which case the claiming team would've had to pay his whole salary. When you think about it, they almost gave him away for less than nothing. I realize that they wanted to accommodate his request, but I'm sure there would've been some other teams willing to give up a little more than what they got.

Archived