The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Questions that don't deserve their own threads

-SN-

Lets say the furthest east and furthest west team trade players on the deadline and both teams are playing different teams that night, do they get to keep the players they traded that night or do they have to waited till the new players come?

EX: Canucks trade sedins to Atlanta for Hossa and Kovalchuk. Canucks are playing PHX and Atlanta is playing Montreal. Do the Canucks get to use the Sedins in that game or do they have to wait for Hossa and Kovalchuk?

Lets say the furthest east and furthest west team trade players on the deadline and both teams are playing different teams that night, do they get to keep the players they traded that night or do they have to waited till the new players come?

EX: Canucks trade sedins to Atlanta for Hossa and Kovalchuk. Canucks are playing PHX and Atlanta is playing Montreal. Do the Canucks get to use the Sedins in that game or do they have to wait for Hossa and Kovalchuk?

Nope, once the players are traded, they are no longer property of that team.

Besides, would the sedins really want to play after being traded ???

^^ To answer your first question, if the Avs had scored, it wouldn't have counted. They still would have checked and Burrows goal would count and they would just reset the clock back.

For the last one, voting is done at the end of the regular season.

EDIT- as for the 2nd one, I think that Player would win it. And if Player and Another Guy were tied in points, the first tie breaker is whoever has more goals, and the second one is whoever played the fewer amount of games.

^^ To answer your first question, if the Avs had scored, it wouldn't have counted. They still would have checked and Burrows goal would count and they would just reset the clock back.

For the last one, voting is done at the end of the regular season.

EDIT- as for the 2nd one, I think that Player would win it. And if Player and Another Guy were tied in points, the first tie breaker is whoever has more goals, and the second one is whoever played the fewer amount of games.

This actually happened a few years ago, can't remember the teams, but was the team that had their goal taken away ever pissed.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I'm only new at this. Our sports over here have a system that you have a series of feeder clubs in lower leagues similar to what I believe happens in the NHL. Nolan Baumgartner currently plays for the Stars, but was recently re-assigned to The Moose? Don't Dallas have their own farm team? I know he used to play for the Canucks (among other teams) but how can this happen?

Archived