The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

DOCTOR WHO

topcorner

• 3 years later...

Super necro bump!

I Recently got into the new ones (couldn't stand the old ones), and I loved David Tennant as the doctor. I was afraid i wouldn't like Matt Smith, but i'm 8 episodes into season 5 and I'm liking him just fine. it seems weird to switch the main actor in the middle of a series, but I suppose it works well for the longevity of the series. I'm watching them via BBC America, so it's 4 a week, and I'm guessing it will be up to date in time for the 7th season this fall, and I'm looking forward to it.

Super necro bump!

I Recently got into the new ones (couldn't stand the old ones), and I loved David Tennant as the doctor. I was afraid i wouldn't like Matt Smith, but i'm 8 episodes into season 5 and I'm liking him just fine. it seems weird to switch the main actor in the middle of a series, but I suppose it works well for the longevity of the series. I'm watching them via BBC America, so it's 4 a week, and I'm guessing it will be up to date in time for the 7th season this fall, and I'm looking forward to it.

I just can't get into Smith... actually, I just can't get into how the writers have made the Doctor into Amy's sidekick. I think he could be great, if it wasn't for the limitations of the writers. Any time they have him really "take charge" he seems like a totally different person.

Fans of the new series should watch BBC's Sherlock as well. I was a little hesitant about watching a Sherlock Holmes drama set in the modern day, but most episodes have been very well written. A lot of the creative team behind Doctor Who is also responsible for producing Sherlock and certain themes definitely cross over - in fact the actor playing Sherlock was almost cast as the Doctor after David Tennant left.

Archived