The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Transit Thread

nitronuts

lol Vancouver transit...

one of the slowest in expanding their public transit infrastructure and updating their technology...

a lot of other countries and even other provinces are already using the smart card system and have rapid transit to their cities key areas.

It's shameful we don't even have skytrain access to our two biggest universities and the VGH.

lol Vancouver transit...

one of the slowest in expanding their public transit infrastructure and updating their technology...

a lot of other countries and even other provinces are already using the smart card system and have rapid transit to their cities key areas.

It's shameful we don't even have skytrain access to our two biggest universities and the VGH.

I definitely agree with that. I mean, when I was in SoCal, I was amazed that they had bus announcement stops on almost all their buses. And it's a million times better than what TransLink has right now:

Edited by BuckyHermit

This may sound pretty stupid but I'm doing a comparison between the Shinkansen (Japanese Bullet Train) and Vancouver's Sky Train. I'm just wondering if someone could briefly go over the Sky train experience quickly seeing as I haven't been, any description would be just fine (ex. buy token first, seats opposing trains direction of movement etc)

You certainly have not seen how pissed off I get at people who don't stand above the stairs on a low-floor bus, or at those who do not take off their backpacks before entering the bus.

I've heard this so often. I doubt you do.

p.s. why would i take my back pack off if barely anybody is on the bus? ill take it off when i get on and see theres people all over.

why would i take my back pack off if barely anybody is on the bus? ill take it off when i get on and see theres people all over.

Because you can easily whack a sitting passenger in the head by accident, when you turn around.

I've seen that happen when the backpack person was the only standee.

i'm not an idiot and have control over my body and what im carrying.

what now?

What bus do you take to your school/work?

Let me come by and show you what "oops, sorry. the bus suddenly braked" means.

Bus driver asks you to remove things from your body that is obstructive (ie: backpacks, bowling bag purses). Do it. Save the bus driver some saliva and get about 3 more people onto a bus.

It doesn't matter how much control you have. There are always some things that tend to happen whether you try to avoid it or not.

Such as the bus braking, the bus suddenly accelerating, the fat lady in the seat trying to get up, the old granny using you as a balancing pole, the anklebiters pushing (pretending to be cool), water on the ground, SNOW on the ground, sudden turns, an accidental push from someone trying to go for that seat over there, an "accidental" push from me...

Need I say more?

Such as the bus braking, the bus suddenly accelerating, the fat lady in the seat trying to get up, the old granny using you as a balancing pole, the anklebiters pushing (pretending to be cool), water on the ground, SNOW on the ground, sudden turns, an accidental push from someone trying to go for that seat over there, an "accidental" push from me...

Need I say more?

ROFLMAO... you're bad.