The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Transit Thread

nitronuts

hey anyone know how to get from the exit at Granville skytrain station to the olympic superstore place

Head towards the Granville Street entrance of Granville Station and go to the ground/main floor of the Bay.

^ it's a combination of underestimating the size of the ventilation unit and heat rising up from the floors as unlike the SkyTrain cars the trains have engines and a lot of moving parts.

The engines would explain the abnormally high levels of heat on a day where it's 6 degrees outside.

But Summer comes just after that. Then what? We wait for winter again? But we know summer is always just around the corner.

Summer-like temperatures don't start until sometime around May and they end in late-September....that's 4-5 months of summer weather and 6-7 months of cold.

Summer-like temperatures don't start until sometime around May and they end in late-September....that's 4-5 months of summer weather and 6-7 months of cold.

Yeah I'm just being an idiot

But seriously though the trains need better ventilation

^ and more doors in my opinion. If it were in Hong Kong, these same trains would have 4 doors on each car rather than just 3.

These are larger/wider/slightly longer trains than our Mark II's with a higher capacity so they should have been fitted with more doors. Boarding/exiting is a bit inefficient because of the huge loads getting on and off disproportionate to number of doors and because of the inefficient seating arrangement.

Edited by nitronuts

I don't think the ventilation was that all that bad yesterday on my way to and from the Lions game. Considering I had a long sleeve Under Amour shirt on, my Lions jersey, my Lions hoodie, Under Amour skull cap and Lions hat, I was comfortable.

No pants? lol just kidding but you wear a lot lol