The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fringe

G.K. Chesterton

I think I might know what's going on in the whole grand scheme of things. I haven't read any spoilers or read up on anything. This is just my guess, don't know if it's right or not:

I think the man that tried to cross "over" on the bridge is Walter from the other universe. This whole thing might be about that Walter getting his son back (the son that this universe's Walter took from him).

The other side is said to be much more advanced and a war is supposed to be coming. Could it be that the Walter on the "other side" is in a position of major power and is waging war on the this side because his son was taken from him?

Every episode the gang thwarts some genius plan involving biological warfare. It could be that Walter is smart enough to figure these things out because the guy who is setting them up on the "other side" is just as smart as him. Identical, actually; the other side's Walter.

I think that'd be a decent storyline. tongue.gif What do you think?

Thought the first half of the last episode was terrible. Couple questions:

1) Where's the William Bell from the "other side"? They've only shown the one that has crossed over.

2) Was the "other" Olivia's boyfriend supposed to be John (that was his name, I think)? The guy that Olivia liked in the beginning? Pretty sure that wasn't him, but he looked enough like him.

3) What was the science behind the 5 of them crossing over, it didn't make much sense to me (when Walter just started talking and the camera started spinning around).

Thought the first half of the last episode was terrible. Couple questions:

1) Where's the William Bell from the "other side"? They've only shown the one that has crossed over.

2) Was the "other" Olivia's boyfriend supposed to be John (that was his name, I think)? The guy that Olivia liked in the beginning? Pretty sure that wasn't him, but he looked enough like him.

3) What was the science behind the 5 of them crossing over, it didn't make much sense to me (when Walter just started talking and the camera started spinning around).

Makes a good opening for the next season. While I obviously couldn't imagine myself in an alternate universe, I thought "this" universe's Olivia Dunham was pretty panicky for a government agent.

Funny actually, a few weeks (or even months?) ago my friend and I were walking downtown on Granville. The production crew was finishing cleaning up the scene that took place outside the Orpheum. It was cool. They had alt-posters for "Star Wars: Legacy of the Droids", another Indiana Jones and I think another Speed movie.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO olivia!! At first I thought that this would make the series fall off (I like happy endings), but i guess the series must go on and now that I think about it, could be interesting

Was pretty obvious right when the bomb went off that it was the other Olivia.

I loved the term "Walternate".

Also, I hope that didn't kill Bell, because I started to like his character.

Can't wait for next season :D

I thought it was pretty obvious long before that. I saw the doppelganger Olivia story line coming from a mile away.

Good finale though. Sucks it's over until the fall :(

FWIW I think auburn hair Olivia is WAY hotter :shock::towel::wub:

Yeah, I was disappointed that I didn't figure it out earlier, but I didn't think they'd be going "back" so soon (thought they'd stay on the other side for at least a part of next season).

I don't know, I'm fine with both. :P Also, never seen FWIW before, but I did figure out it's "for what it's worth".

Leonard Nimoy's retiring from acting so I doubt Bell is back. His last scene was awesome because it was similar to Spock's "death" in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

I also have to say I'm a fan of bangs.

Archived