214 replies to this topic

#31 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:27 AM

How come nobody watches this show (or doesn't talk about it)? It really is good.

It is supposed to non-fiction but it isn't realistic, however I like it better than Heroes and Prison Break right now. Wouldn't except less from the makers of Lost ;).

Also, it always has a couple hilarious quotes from Dr. Walter :P

Posted Image

#32 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,053 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:32 AM

Much to my dismay I haven't kept track of it lately. I had to work a couple of Tuesdays so I couldn't catch the episodes and I was too lazy to look it up online.
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#33 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:35 AM

Much to my dismay I haven't kept track of it lately. I had to work a couple of Tuesdays so I couldn't catch the episodes and I was too lazy to look it up online.

You should catch up, they're good.

At the beginning of the series I wasn't very interested and found it kind of boring. However, it is a good thing I kept at it because it is good and getting better.

Posted Image

#34 Violator

Violator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,029 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:08 AM

anybody know were you can watch tis legally i already know about the illegal ways but i cant do those in this computer.

#35 chiklets

chiklets

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,484 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:34 AM

ctv.ca should have some of the episodes in their video thing.
Posted Image

#36 mjonson

mjonson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:00 AM

www.surfthechannel.com

#37 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:17 PM

Yay, Season 2 today.

I really like the show, the mystery mixed with humour keeps me entertained. :P

Posted Image

#38 nitronuts

nitronuts

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,779 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:21 PM

I can't wait!

Production and filming for FRINGE moved from New York to Vancouver for season 2, so expect to see a lot of Vancouver!
Posted Image

#39 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,053 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:24 PM

I can't wait!

Production and filming for FRINGE moved from New York to Vancouver for season 2, so expect to see a lot of Vancouver!

Yeah, I'm real excited about that. Just another way it's similar to the X-Files. Hoping for an excellent season premiere.
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#40 trek

trek

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,137 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:27 PM

Awesome. Thanks for the reminder. Looks like there's a new Bones today too :)

#41 nitronuts

nitronuts

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,779 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

^ oh god i absolutely hate Bones...
Posted Image

#42 uɐpɹoɾ

uɐpɹoɾ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

hip hip hooray

Posted Image

#43 nitronuts

nitronuts

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,779 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:37 PM

just saw it....the season opener was slow. The UBC Chemistry building was Walter's [downsized] Harvard lab and UBC's Irving Barber Centre was the FBI headquarters.

The show feels weird now that it's filmed in Vancouver.
Posted Image

#44 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,053 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:41 PM

I keep on wanting them to say they've moved their operation to like...Seattle or Portland.

#45 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:42 PM

DAMNIT.

I missed it? Is there gonna be a re run?

Posted Image

#46 nitronuts

nitronuts

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,779 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

^ look for it online...sidereel.com

As much as I love our local film industry, the Vancouver sets were far too familiar and it killed my imagination.

Edited by nitronuts, 17 September 2009 - 09:48 PM.

Posted Image

#47 trek

trek

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,137 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:54 AM

lol I like the subtle nod to Vancouver by having the X-Files playing on the TV in the opening scene. Also, I noticed they used the same dark, steam-pipe filled corridor that appeared many times during X-Files and SG-1 as well. Not a bad episode, and I think it's cool to recognize a lot of the scenery... As a local, I know we aren't downtown Manhattan though

#48 Hat Trick Maker

Hat Trick Maker

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:32 AM

I keep on wanting them to say they've moved their operation to like...Seattle or Portland.

If I'm not mistaken, the first 2 episodes for this season were filmed way before they decided to move to Vancouver.

#49 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:42 PM

Was it supposed to be really obvious that the guy shape-shifted into Francis?

Posted Image

#50 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,053 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:40 PM

Was it supposed to be really obvious that the guy shape-shifted into Francis?

I don't know...but now that they have that new female agent he's not really needed anymore. I wonder if that Francis plot will end next episode of if they'll continue it on for a few episodes.

#51 nitronuts

nitronuts

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,779 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:58 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the first 2 episodes for this season were filmed way before they decided to move to Vancouver.

really? What made them do that?

BTW, nice catch on the X-Files.
Posted Image

#52 davegill

davegill

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:19 PM

^^ They also referenced x-files when "X" division was mentioned when Broyles was talking to the Senators that were shutting down Fringe division.

#53 Schneider's Teeth

Schneider's Teeth

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,671 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:53 PM

The special effects were always cool, story was allright, but something was always missing.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
OVERSIZED SIGNATURE OVERSIZED SIGNATURE

#54 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:10 AM

I don't know...but now that they have that new female agent he's not really needed anymore. I wonder if that Francis plot will end next episode of if they'll continue it on for a few episodes.

Yeah, they had to get a new agent to replace him, but I hope she doesn't kind of take the limelight away from Olivia. But I guess they couldn't get just another male to fill the same role or it'd be rather redundant because you know they'll get the shape-shifter soon.

Posted Image

#55 BDWolf

BDWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,870 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:52 AM

lol I like the subtle nod to Vancouver by having the X-Files playing on the TV in the opening scene. Also, I noticed they used the same dark, steam-pipe filled corridor that appeared many times during X-Files and SG-1 as well. Not a bad episode, and I think it's cool to recognize a lot of the scenery... As a local, I know we aren't downtown Manhattan though

The X files thing (both references) are fun for 2 reasons. Of course the Vancouver connection and that this show is very much like it in concept

#56 Hat Trick Maker

Hat Trick Maker

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:27 AM

really? What made them do that?

Fox originally planned to broadcast 22 episodes. But after they finished filming, Fox decided to hold off the last 2 episodes till the second season. That's why they could release a trailer for season 2 right after the finale and before they started filming in Vancouver.

#57 Chester

Chester

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,709 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:49 AM

Anyone watch it? It's from one of the creators of "Lost". The plots revolve around fringe science like, I'm assuming, telepathy, robotics, etc...it was a bit of a lacklustre pilot in my opinion but I'm still going to watch it. I wonder if there's any chance it may eventually tie into "Lost".

Edit: Nevermind didn't realize the first post was from last year haha.

Anyway I like the show and shall continue to watch

Edited by Chester, 19 September 2009 - 10:51 AM.

#58 BDWolf

BDWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,870 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:13 PM

Fox originally planned to broadcast 22 episodes. But after they finished filming, Fox decided to hold off the last 2 episodes till the second season. That's why they could release a trailer for season 2 right after the finale and before they started filming in Vancouver.

I am quite sure that at least some of that was Vancouver. Just based on the fruit juice on the shelf in the store.

#59 Chester

Chester

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,709 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:09 PM

I am quite sure that at least some of that was Vancouver. Just based on the fruit juice on the shelf in the store.

What was it?

Ocean Spray or something?

I usually find the biggest giveaway of Vancouver in a movie is the BC Tranist busses. Although not in this show, yet...

#60 trek

trek

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,137 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:25 PM

What was it?

Ocean Spray or something?

I usually find the biggest giveaway of Vancouver in a movie is the BC Tranist busses. Although not in this show, yet...

Happy Planet juices... Courtesy of Gregor Robertson (barf)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.