7417 replies to this topic

#1 clutch

clutch

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:34 PM

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

Edited by clutch, 03 October 2008 - 12:44 PM.

#2 nsharpminor

nsharpminor

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:45 PM

POPULAR

#3 bleednucksblue

bleednucksblue

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:48 PM

POPULAR

Your opinion is inept. He is perfect at doing his job. He agitates, he is a ferocious checker and he scores an occassional goal.

Buy a clue buddy!

Edited by KeslerownsIginla, 03 October 2008 - 12:52 PM.

You will always be on our mind and in our heart. RIP Luc!

John Garrett after a brutal pass by Olli Jokinen:

"Jokinen makes a pass 8 feet behind anybody, to no-one. That's Calgary's first line, unfortunately for them."

#4 shoots&scores

shoots&scores

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

POPULAR

Doggin' Burrows?!? Yer' nuts, bro.

#5 Pavel1994

Pavel1994

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,825 posts

POPULAR

Why do people want to get rid of character players ? Burrows has worked his tail off to get to where he is. Everyday he shows up to play 100%, guys like that you don't get rid of.

#6 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:49 PM

POPULAR

What the hell..are you watching the Vancouver Canucks and Alexander Burrows? Wow..another one of these jerkoffs who thinks that agitators should fight. That is not his role, but he has still done it. Burrows is hard work personafied. You clutch can best be described as someone's bum on someone else's head.
QUOTE (ephysdad @ Oct 26 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or then of course there's always the Ferry

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.

#7 Dirty Al

Dirty Al

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:50 PM

POPULAR

I disagree. In fact, I couldn't disagree more.

#8 Bweigelt

Bweigelt

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:51 PM

POPULAR

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

I don't think your watching the same guy as the rest of us. The Alex Burrows I know fights quite often, and even gave Dan Carcillo quite the beating last year. He was also the only player in the league with 30+ points and 150+ penalty minutes. He's the best pest in the league, he works hard, he gets the other team off their game, and he can pot the odd goal. There's nothing not to like about him. Anytime one of your checkers can drive Vinny Lecalvelier so crazy he drops the gloves and takes himself out of the game, you want to keep that guy in your lineup.

#9 Logitek

Logitek

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:53 PM

POPULAR

I also would like to point out that almost everybody was falling down on the ice in Wednesdays game which it's obvious your basing it off of... the ice must have been bad I noticed it for the majority of players falling a lot more then often.

Also once he stepped on the puck.

Burrows is great

#10 robotco

robotco

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:54 PM

POPULAR

burrows is the hardest working player on this team. he's great on the pk and on the forecheck, and when he gets the opportunity, he puts away some of the prettiest goals ever seen. he does a lot more for the canucks than you think.

#11 Doctor Canuck

Doctor Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:56 PM

POPULAR

Burrows is a great player.

#12 WiLBoY

WiLBoY

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,241 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:57 PM

POPULAR

Is the original poster serious?

Burrows brings his game every game. He works hard, irritates, and causes penalties from the other team's star players. His role isn't to fight. He has a great forecheck and he's very good on the breakaway. Most importantly he plays for $500,000. He's one of the most underrated players in the game
&
Credit goes to canuckforever00

#13 the metatron

the metatron

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:57 PM

POPULAR

You should be roasted for this. Not only is he great, he's one of the best deals in the league at a less-than-500 grand cap hit.

I have your feelings towards Rypien though. Very little skill, and scrappiness doesn't help the team if it constantly gets you injured.

#14 milan_lucic

milan_lucic

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:58 PM

POPULAR

i couldnt' disagree with you more.
~LB~

#15 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:02 PM

POPULAR

I think you need to read this and try again...

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

credit to CanucksHD for the avatar

#16 Spyderr

Spyderr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:10 PM

POPULAR

Man prepare to get hugely flamed
He's probably top 3 agitators in the league and cost almost nothing
Come on LU

#17 WiLBoY

WiLBoY

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,241 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:12 PM

POPULAR

Man prepare to get hugely flamed
He's probably top 3 agitators in the league and cost almost nothing

Rated 2nd but costs 500k, the op doesn't know what he's talking about
&
Credit goes to canuckforever00

#18 keltin

keltin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:13 PM

POPULAR

Burrows shows up EVERY GAME! Scores the odd goal here and there! Shuts down many stars on the other teams! And at the same time is very feisty! Plus many more assests I left out! By the way he was our leading short handed goals leader last year!

Oh and did I mentioned how much he is making? peanuts!
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Sincerely
Mike

#19 nucks_k3

nucks_k3

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

POPULAR

FLAME ON!

31 pts for < $500,000 in a shut down role.

You sir, are a douche.

#20 jiggamanyaheard

jiggamanyaheard

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

POPULAR

Clutch your nutz... Burrows brings it every night!
Best First Post Ever!!

bigblackguynamedben:
ANDREW ALBERTS sucks!!!
This guy is like sopel #2, why does he wear a jock if he has such a big v****a

#21 keltin

keltin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

POPULAR

Burrows shows up EVERY GAME! Scores the odd goal here and there! Shuts down many stars on the other teams! And at the same time is very feisty! Plus many more assests I left out! By the way he was our leading short handed goals leader last year!

Oh and did I mentioned how much he is making? peanuts!
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Sincerely
Mike

#22 Soldadito13

Soldadito13

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:16 PM

POPULAR

I think if he had written this last year, there might have been some merit to it. Burrows is not this player anymore. He has become so much more. 30 points from the 3rd line is pretty respectable. He has become a pretty good playmaker as seen by the goal he set up just after falling down (from stepping on the puck). There is just so much wrong with your post. Watch a game there buddy

#23 nick_winch

nick_winch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:16 PM

POPULAR

... this must be a joke
Posted Image

#24 joker1234

joker1234

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:17 PM

POPULAR

DING DING DING. Worst topic ever!!!! Burrows and Kesler are our third line. Burrows rules!!!!!

#25 clutch

clutch

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:17 PM

Attached File  sheep.jpg   153.93KB   61 downloads I guarantee he will cost us games

Edited by clutch, 03 October 2008 - 01:19 PM.

#26 carib_canuck

carib_canuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:19 PM

POPULAR

facepalm man oh man...what can i say here... every comment is right except the OP

...a bumper from a pinball machine would get 30 assists on the backend when playing with the Sedins.

#27 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:23 PM

POPULAR

Attached File  sheep.jpg   153.93KB   61 downloads I guarantee he will cost us games

you do realize that you are an anonomous poster and your guarantees mean absolutely NOTHING

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

credit to CanucksHD for the avatar

#28 ANuckInCalgary

ANuckInCalgary

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:23 PM

POPULAR

just cuz he took that stupid penalty in the last couple mins of the game...dont jump on to huge conclusions that question the ability of the players who play their hearts out...

#29 SRV

SRV

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:26 PM

POPULAR

Is the original poster serious?

Burrows brings his game every game. He works hard, irritates, and causes penalties from the other team's star players. His role isn't to fight. He has a great forecheck and he's very good on the breakaway. Most importantly he plays for $500,000. He's one of the most underrated players in the game

All true, but if he has another stellar year in 08/09 his salary will probably increase 5-fold.....at least.

MG better 'moneyball' him before he's a UFA after this season.
Check out my band playing Satriani's "Satch Boogie"

#30 unholyfido

unholyfido

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:28 PM

POPULAR

I think youre kidding.

I hope youre kidding.

If not.... you should be castrated.

QUOTE(desertfox1987 @ Aug 11 2007, 04:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll eat my socks and post pictures if Umberger ever becomes a Canuck again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.